Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RA/A benefits at Regent hotels?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Lewis42
My 2cents is Kimpton and Regent will be rolled into Ambassador in one way or another.

Merge inner circle with RA.

The recent RA challenge emails people have received have required a 1 night stay at Kimpton...
cost per night many Kimptons are more on par with IC brand versus the second tier CP/Indigo brand. However Kimpton currently location wise is a USA located brand, thus he recipients of that offer are guests who stay in USA Kimptons, that IHG want to stay at IC's too when traveling outside of USA where there are no Kimpton hotels.
Old Nov 28, 2018, 5:19 pm

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by scubaccr
However Kimpton currently location wise is a USA located brand
I hadn’t thought of this downside to it.
Old Nov 30, 2018, 1:27 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I too think that it would be a good idea to extend Ambassador benefits to Regent and Kimpton. Whilst I would love to see it also apply to Indigo and Crowne Plaza - and it is certainly the case that some Indigos and Crowne Plazas offerings do very effectively compare with some Intercontinentals out there - many Indigos just don’t have that semi-lux full service offering and there remain too many run down Crowne Plazas that would tarnish the Ambassador program by their presence. If standards of maintenance and service are rigorously enforced Voco could also be added.

However adding Kimpton and Regent (and Voco) to the Ambassador brands would be a great way of increasing Ambassadors traction. I have considered Ambassador every time I’ve booked an Intercontinental stay but as every IC stay I’ve made (save one night) has been a redemption and Ambassador benefits don’t apply on redemption it’s not been worth it to me. Adding in Regent, Kimpton and Voco would probably change that equation...
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: UA 3.6MM, AF/KL Lifetime Plat, BA Gold, AA 1MM, IC Spire RA, Kimpton IC, Marriott Plat, et alia
Makes sense to integrate Regent+IC+Kimpton

Hopefully at one point they will become integrated with Ambassador/Royal Ambassador and Inner Circle. At least those two programs appear to be headed towards a harmonization. The initial shift to Spire and "super-Spire" was not effective, but shifting IC to RA makes sense. The upcoming RA changes, some good (free breakfast, benefits at ICH hotels without Club Access, extending minibar to snacks not drinks), some bad (limits on "free drinks from minibar" and 10am instead of 8am guaranteed early check-in) seem geared to do that.
Plus at least some RAs have been granted IC status.
I am waiting for Regent to be integrated into the
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:17 am

Programs: all
not for 2019
Old Jan 8, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: all
Originally Posted by pantanal
not for 2019

I was wrong, I got both RA and IC looks like they are combining them
Old Jan 8, 2019, 9:08 am

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pantanal
I was wrong, I got both RA and IC looks like they are combining them
Well RA and IC are being combined in one way or another... still no news on Regent though.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.