Address
Intercontinental Maldives Maamunagu Resort
Maamunagu Resort
Raa Atoll
Maldives
Tel + 960 6580500
Mail: [email protected]

Link to hotel:
https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental/hotels/us/en/maamunagau-island/mlemm/hoteldetail

Flight to airport (MLE)
Seaplane Round Trip
USD 580++ now 700++ per adult
USD 290++ now 350++ per child (3 -12 years of age)
children up to the age of 2 are free (but no seat)
(Post)

Rewards points:
120.000 Points

(According to this post, the hotel opens up reward inventory 3 month prior to stay date)

List of Digestifs at pool (daily between 20:00 - 22:00)
List in Post #48

Reports
Ambassador
Report of an Ambassador (on reward stay) in December 2019

Other
Pre Opening thread

Resort Menus in Post #140 https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32883853-post140.html
Print Wikipost

InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2020, 8:53 am

Oops forgot to reply to the All Club question: during the day some juices, soft drinks and small bites will be included in certain areas (such as the Collective). Between 3 and 5pm you can get complimentary afternoon tea at the Retreat (adults only section). And between 8 and 10pm you can have complimentary drinks at the Retreat, too.

I only went once at 9:55pm after dinner, ordered a whiskey, was asked if I wanted a single or a double, ordered a double which came 2 minutes later. And not even 5 minutes after that I was asked if I wanted another one because it was last call. They also gave some desserts and a cheese platter! Service was really good at the Retreat. We preferred having breakfast there as well because it was much quieter and the selection was almost the same as in the main restaurant (Café Umi)
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:00 am

Programs: LT NoN REV
Any photos of snacks?
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:16 am

Originally Posted by dimmedlights
Any photos of snacks?
Mostly screenshots from videos:

Afternoon tea for 2

Welcome amenity in the room

Complimentary cocktails and dessert/cheese at the retreat
Old Jan 13, 2020, 10:48 am

Thank you for photos. Very nice.
Old Jan 13, 2020, 1:20 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Thanks for the photos and info looks nice, one for the bucket list I think
Old Jan 13, 2020, 5:25 pm

I have another request if anyone has a chance.
Would like photo of beach lagoon.

Thank you.
Old Jan 16, 2020, 4:34 pm

Anyone has tried diving center? How is the underwater life condition and diving charge? Any undersea photo from snorkeling or diving will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:40 pm

Does the hotel provide an upgrade for Ambassador members on a points stay?
Is the all-inclusive Club lounge included when booking a stay on points?
TNX!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 11:56 am

Trip Report

Hi all,

My family was lucky to have a great time at this resort back in March 2020. Beautiful island resort. Service was top-notch. Breakfast/afternoon tea were excellent with variety of foods and tropical fruits.

In the past, I loved flying to Maldives on Emirates A380 First Class with showers in flight. Now, with the increased number of miles/points for Emirates First Class, I think Qatar Qsuites easily became my favorite business class for long haul flights, especially for a family of 4.

I booked air tickets from USA to Maldives about 2-3 months before departure date, and made speculative booking for 8 nights at InterContinental Maldives. Then I continued to monitor other countries on how they handle Covid-19 to make final decision for our trip's stopover destination. About 2 days before departure, my trip was finalized: 5 nights in Maldives and 3 nights in Singapore.

This was the 3rd time my family have been to Maldives and Singapore in the past 5 years, so no need to research where to stay/what to do, and the remaining bookings were made fast.

Thanks to "All Club" benefits for all guests staying at the resort, our final bill at checkout was very minimal (under $300 for family of 4 for the entire stay).

I have both Chase IHG Select and Premier, so I was trying to stay for 8 nights at first, but then had to reduce to 5 nights.

1 night = 100,000 points
4 nights = 300,000 points (4th night free, from Chase IHG Premier)
after stay: - 30,000 points (10% rebate, from Chase IHG Select)
------------------------------------------------------
Total for 4 nights = 270,000 points --> 67,500 points per night.

I was only a Spire Elite during my stay, so no big upgrade other than to Lagoon Villa (which they would upgrade you anyway since it's good for families with kids). Standard room is Overwater Villa, which is small and good for 2 guests. My family did a downgrade the last 2 nights just to have true overwater experience.

Room Tour of Lagoon Villa:

Dining Experience:

Kids Club:

Last edited by Vanessa2020; Aug 10, 2020 at 10:44 am
Old Aug 6, 2020, 2:44 pm

Originally Posted by Vanessa2020
Thanks to "All Club" benefits for all guests staying at the resort, our final bill at checkout was very minimal (under $300 for family of 4 for the entire stay).
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. But I am a bit baffled with the statement above. May I please ask what did you eat for dinner? As with 300USD I assume you only had a full dinner at the restaurant once, maybe twice?
Old Aug 6, 2020, 3:25 pm

Originally Posted by 336
Thank you very much for sharing your experience. But I am a bit baffled with the statement above. May I please ask what did you eat for dinner? As with 300USD I assume you only had a full dinner at the restaurant once, maybe twice?
Correct, we had dinner only once at the Fish Market, even though we were still full after teatime that day. We actually reserved for dinner the next day at The Lighthouse but eventually cancelled it since we don't like Mediterranean cuisine.

You can view the youtube video (second link at the bottom of my trip report) about our dining experience.
Old Aug 6, 2020, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Vanessa2020
Hi all,

My family was lucky to have a great time at this resort back in March 2020. Beautiful island resort. Service was top-notch. Breakfast/afternoon tea were excellent with variety of foods and tropical fruits.

In the past, I loved flying to Maldives on Emirates A380 First Class with showers in flight. Now, with the increased number of miles/points for Emirates First Class, I think Qatar Qsuites easily became my favorite business class for long haul flights, especially for a family of 4.

I booked air tickets from USA to Maldives about 2-3 months before departure date, and made speculative booking for 8 nights at InterContinental Maldives. Then I continued to monitor other countries on how they handle Covid-19 to make final decision for our trip's stopover destination. About 2 days before departure, my trip was finalized: 5 nights in Maldives and 3 nights in Singapore.

This was the 3rd time my family have been to Maldives and Singapore in the past 5 years, so no need to research where to stay/what to do, and the remaining bookings were made fast.

I have both Chase IHG Select and Premier, so I was trying to stay for 8 nights at first, but then had to reduce to 5 nights.

1 night = 100,000 points
4 nights = 300,000 points (4th night free, from Chase IHG Premier)
after stay: - 30,000 points (10% rebate, from Chase IHG Select)
------------------------------------------------------
Total for 4 nights = 270,000 points --> 67,500 points per night.

I was only a Spire Elite during my stay, so no big upgrade other than to Lagoon Villa (which they would upgrade you anyway since it's good for families with kids). Standard room is Overwater Villa, which is small and good for 2 guests. My family did a downgrade the last 2 nights just to have true overwater experience.

Room Tour of Lagoon Villa:
youtu.be/JdsZFEtvKAo

Dining Experience:
youtu.be/6o5yqmIxfH4

Kids Club:
youtu.be/kgPT-A1Qn40
Did you get charge more money for stay more than 2 people? I see on the website it stated it will charge an extra $300 per night for the third person, also do you pay for the transfer fee to the resort? thanks!
Old Aug 6, 2020, 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by newdaybegin
Did you get charge more money for stay more than 2 people? I see on the website it stated it will charge an extra $300 per night for the third person, also do you pay for the transfer fee to the resort? thanks!
I didn't get charged for the kids. Were you trying to book with points or cash? Hopefully it's not a new rule.
Transfer to the resort was by seaplane so we needed to pay. $560 RT per adult (12 and above) and half price for kids under 12. Infants below 2yrs are free.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:10 am

Programs: Herz PC, Gold Starwood, Platinum Holiday Inn
Originally Posted by Kimomo
Anyone has tried diving center? How is the underwater life condition and diving charge? Any undersea photo from snorkeling or diving will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Diving is very good and very private. I have been there for 8 nights Jan 2020 (reward nights) and on the dive boat for 20 only 2 pay pax and 2 dive guides and 4 boat people.normal ride to dive site about 45 min. sharks, tulles, mantas, rays, moraines, lobster, . First class. have a look here ....
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7x7owjdgz...zi0xQ31La?dl=0

regards
JR
NotTellYou likes this.

Last edited by juergenritz; Aug 7, 2020 at 6:33 am Reason: wrong link
Old Aug 7, 2020, 7:52 am

Programs: krisflyer, hilton, ihg, accor
That’s pretty cool! Why are some in mov format and some in mp4 format?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.