IHG Prepaid Mastercard

Old Oct 27, 2020, 2:09 am
KJR

Programs: On Business
Unable to use Prepaid Mastercard

Originally Posted by hclee01
You are welcome. Did you happen to check your spam email box for that email? I am using Gmail and I did see the confirmation email coming in shortly after I confirm the email. After clicking on the email to activate the account, I was able to login to view the card details and setup PIN. This whole process was completed yesterday.
Unbelievable. I've now tried to use the Prepaid Mastercard at 4 different IHG hotels. 1 in Belgium, 1 in France and twice in the UK. When front desk calls the toll free number at the back of the card, there is an automated message to press this, that and the other. The machine confirms my card is activated and has $1000 credit. When we press the button to confirm the hotel wants authorisation, the transaction fails. This happens each time. The hotel just does not get authorisation to debit from the card. I've emailed IHG so many times over the past 3 months. They tell me they have resolved the issue. No they haven't. As a favour to me, 1 of the UK hotels tried to debit Ł1 from my card 2 days ago and the same thing happened. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how I might resolve this because there is no person I can speak to. Not on the Prepaid Mastercard side of things. Emails are not getting through to anyone who can help. I just get fobbed off.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by KJR
Unbelievable. I've now tried to use the Prepaid Mastercard at 4 different IHG hotels. 1 in Belgium, 1 in France and twice in the UK. When front desk calls the toll free number at the back of the card, there is an automated message to press this, that and the other. The machine confirms my card is activated and has $1000 credit. When we press the button to confirm the hotel wants authorisation, the transaction fails. This happens each time. The hotel just does not get authorisation to debit from the card. I've emailed IHG so many times over the past 3 months. They tell me they have resolved the issue. No they haven't. As a favour to me, 1 of the UK hotels tried to debit Ł1 from my card 2 days ago and the same thing happened. Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas how I might resolve this because there is no person I can speak to. Not on the Prepaid Mastercard side of things. Emails are not getting through to anyone who can help. I just get fobbed off.
If the card issuer doesn't see the charge coming from an IHG property, it will be declined. Calling the number on the back of the card or contacting IHG customer service is of no help. Not worth wasting your time. I have been able to use these at roughly half of the IHG hotels that I have tried. You have the best luck with InterCOntinentals and less with select-service hotels.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 9:06 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by rdh0924
Has anyone paid to extend the expiration date lately? I have a stay to use one on in April (rescheduled from last May) but the card expires 3/2021. Hoping to extend the expiration before the trip.
You will need to call them in March 2021 to get a replacement card and replacement card fee will apply. It will take up to 20 business days for the new card to arrive. Meanwhile, you may wish to try to check with hotel if you can prepay the room charges in March 2021 so that you can avoid replacing the card.
Old Oct 27, 2020, 10:58 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
You will need to call them in March 2021 to get a replacement card and replacement card fee will apply. It will take up to 20 business days for the new card to arrive. Meanwhile, you may wish to try to check with hotel if you can prepay the room charges in March 2021 so that you can avoid replacing the card.
Got it. I think I may call and see if they can just reissue the card with a new expiration date now. I don't mind paying the fee. Just want to make sure I can use the card in March, and would prefer not having to prepay because I'm using a BOGO Ambassador certificate so I know it'll just be confusing for the front desk in advance.
Old Nov 1, 2020, 2:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
This whole system is insane and IMHO a total scam. They are banking on people just foregoing their balances and not bother to reactivate small balances.
Old Nov 29, 2020, 5:15 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Just to post back on my experience in getting a replacement card. My card was expiring in Oct 2020 and I called them in late Oct 2020 to get a replacement card. The card took around 4 weeks to arrive in SIN. The new card now does not come with the IHG Logo anymore (which is likely to imply that this prepaid card will no longer be issued for redemption). I have added the card online and it is still showing as IHG Debit Prepaid Card. In addition, the new card only has 6 months validity (which is due to expire in April 2021). I guess I will have to quickly deplete the value in the card as it is frustrating to keep calling them to replace the card. I have another $1K card which is due to expire in March 2021.
Old Dec 13, 2020, 10:30 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
Has anyone purchased these cards at an IHG hotel? Seems like a good way to use Chase/Amex deals valid at one brand on another, if they existed.
Old Dec 22, 2020, 10:52 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Just to post back on my experience in getting a replacement card. My card was expiring in Oct 2020 and I called them in late Oct 2020 to get a replacement card. The card took around 4 weeks to arrive in SIN. The new card now does not come with the IHG Logo anymore (which is likely to imply that this prepaid card will no longer be issued for redemption). I have added the card online and it is still showing as IHG Debit Prepaid Card. In addition, the new card only has 6 months validity (which is due to expire in April 2021). I guess I will have to quickly deplete the value in the card as it is frustrating to keep calling them to replace the card. I have another $1K card which is due to expire in March 2021.
would you be so kind and share a phone number where one can reach a real person. I need to renew my card but I’m not lucky with the number printed on the back of the card or in my prepaid center.com
your advice is highly appreciated
Old Dec 22, 2020, 11:30 am

Originally Posted by boekel
would you be so kind and share a phone number where one can reach a real person. I need to renew my card but I’m not lucky with the number printed on the back of the card or in my prepaid center.com
your advice is highly appreciated
The number that i managed to speak to a real person was the number printed on prepaidcenter.com I can't recall the sequence, but i had to trial and error the various selections before I got connected to a real person.
boekel likes this.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:47 am
KJR

Hello. Can anyone help please? My IHG Prepaid Mastercard still has over $900 credit. I haven't been able to use it with the lockdown restrictions. It expires this month Feb 2021. Needless to day, I want to extend the expiry date but I can't get through to anyone on the number at the back of the card. I am based in England, UK. The back of the card number for 'Outside US' is: 1-339-234-6415 It is not recognised as a phone number.

Has anyone had any luck contacting them by phone. Is there another number or email I can try?

I have emailed IHG Rewards Club customer service but they keep referring me to IHG Creation Mastercard which is not the same thing.

Thanks. Would appreciate some help.
Old Feb 24, 2021, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by KJR
Hello. Can anyone help please? My IHG Prepaid Mastercard still has over $900 credit. I haven't been able to use it with the lockdown restrictions. It expires this month Feb 2021. Needless to day, I want to extend the expiry date but I can't get through to anyone on the number at the back of the card. I am based in England, UK. The back of the card number for 'Outside US' is: 1-339-234-6415 It is not recognised as a phone number.

Has anyone had any luck contacting them by phone. Is there another number or email I can try?

I have emailed IHG Rewards Club customer service but they keep referring me to IHG Creation Mastercard which is not the same thing.

Thanks. Would appreciate some help.
Hi

I have managed to contact them using the number listed on the MyPrepaidCard Center after login or via email at [email protected]. If you need the number that I have used to call, do let me know. I called from Singapore and was successful.
Old Feb 25, 2021, 1:46 am
KJR

Thanks very much. Really appreciate your input. When I log into the Prepaid Centre, the phone numbers shown are the same as the back of the card itself and the numbers are not recognised. Dead tone. You have now given me an email. I'll try that first. If no luck, I'll ask for the phone number you have. Thanks again Singapore friend.
Old Mar 6, 2021, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TheUrbanite
Has anybody heard anything about the availability these cards recently? They seemed to have disappeared off at least the US and UK IHG catalogues.
Still unavailable? Can't find them any more...
Old Mar 7, 2021, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Still unavailable? Can't find them any more...
I suspect that they have stopped offering this product. My IHG prepaid card has expired end of last year and i called them to get a new replacement card. The replacement card was issued to me without the IHG logo and it was just a generic prepaid mastercard. While I tried to use it at other places (other than IHG), it was declined and can only be used at IHG hotels even though the collateral that comes with the replacement card indicated that i can use it all places where Mastercard is accepted. Looks like they have stopped issuing and do not have the IHG cardface type for the replacement card too. So they resorted to using the generic cardface for the replacement.
Old Mar 7, 2021, 9:28 pm

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I suspect that they have stopped offering this product. My IHG prepaid card has expired end of last year and i called them to get a new replacement card. The replacement card was issued to me without the IHG logo and it was just a generic prepaid mastercard. While I tried to use it at other places (other than IHG), it was declined and can only be used at IHG hotels even though the collateral that comes with the replacement card indicated that i can use it all places where Mastercard is accepted. Looks like they have stopped issuing and do not have the IHG cardface type for the replacement card too. So they resorted to using the generic cardface for the replacement.
Was your replacement due to your old one expiring? If so, your replacement had 3 months until it expired again, right?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.