Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Prepaid Mastercard

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2020, 2:55 am

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
Originally Posted by hclee01
Thanks for the informative sharing here. I have managed to redeem the card for mailing to Singapore. I will see how it goes from here. I am planning to use the card for my upcoming stays in Tokyo and Seoul. Hopefully they do get accepted. Will post back later on the acceptance of the card. Will also try to book using the Advanced Purchase rates and see if this works as well. If anyone has any experiences to share, would greatly appreciate it. Thanks!
Just wondering how you went with using your pre-paid cards, did you try using for an advanced purchase rate? Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 3:16 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by shoven
Just wondering how you went with using your pre-paid cards, did you try using for an advanced purchase rate? Thanks.
I did not manage to use it on advanced purchase rate as I read in the T&C attached to the card that it must be swiped at the point of check-out. So I didn't want to risk using it and the room to be cancelled as the charge was not successful. As such, I have been using the card for flexible rate and incidental room charges.

I have used it in IC ANA Tokyo, IC Seoul Parnas, IC Singapore and IC Bangkok without any issue. As the remaining value in the card may not be sufficient to meet the total bill, I have been able to use 2 of the cards to pay for the total bill. Hope this helps.
shoven likes this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:21 am

Programs: DL DM, IHG Spire, Marriott Platinum, National EE
I've used it both with a nonrefundable advanced purchase rate and in person. Either way works.

With that said, I just redeemed points for a couple more $1,000 cards and there's a message at check-out that says they're taking 6-8 weeks for delivery due to delays. Hoping ours arrive by mid-May as I plan to use them on our honeymoon, departing May 16.
hclee01 and shoven like this.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Not too sure if anyone has this experience? At the point of check-out, I have emptied my IHG Prepaid Mastercard leaving with only USD0.10 in it. However, when I checked the online account now, it seems that the rates applied is slightly more than the point it was charged and now the card has a overdrawn balance of USD2. In this case, would we be expected to "pay" off the USD2 that is overdrawn?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by hclee01
when I checked the online account now, it seems that the rates applied is slightly more than the point it was charged and now the card has a overdrawn balance of USD2. In this case, would we be expected to "pay" off the USD2 that is overdrawn?
https://youtu.be/WxFWVJefeFo
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:47 pm

Programs: Infinity Milage Lands Gold,Star Alliance Gold, IHG Diamond RA, Kimpton Inner Circle
It's 6 weeks since I ordered my 2 cards and it said 4 to 6 for dispatch at the time I have another 5 weeks until I need them so fingers crossed.
I might give it a go on an advanced rate as the hotel has confirmed they accept them and I know them well so it would not affect the booking if did not work online.
Old Mar 11, 2020, 4:52 pm

I just received two cards after around 9 weeks. Europe based...
Old Mar 11, 2020, 6:40 pm

9 weeks seems a bit excessive for a delivery to Europe, I was thinking my cards to the UK would be less than the 4 to 6 that was quoted but its now 6 weeks and still sign...............
Old Mar 27, 2020, 9:47 pm

Originally Posted by rdh0924
I've used it both with a nonrefundable advanced purchase rate and in person. Either way works.

With that said, I just redeemed points for a couple more $1,000 cards and there's a message at check-out that says they're taking 6-8 weeks for delivery due to delays. Hoping ours arrive by mid-May as I plan to use them on our honeymoon, departing May 16.
Update: Our cards arrived today. Less than 2.5 weeks. I have no clue what the message about them taking 6-8 weeks was all about. These ones took about a week and a half less than the one I received in the fall (when there was no message at all).
Old Mar 28, 2020, 9:43 am

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by rdh0924
Update: Our cards arrived today. Less than 2.5 weeks. I have no clue what the message about them taking 6-8 weeks was all about. These ones took about a week and a half less than the one I received in the fall (when there was no message at all).
So its been just over 8 weeks now for me, I contacted customer support who were able to track down that my cards were dispatched on the 11th of march via UPS and that it can take up to 30 days from the shipping date!!

Had my trip not been cancelled due to all that's going on I would have been in danger of departing with out them in April when I ordered back in January!!
Old Mar 28, 2020, 10:42 am

So its been just over 8 weeks now for me, I contacted customer support who were able to track down that my cards were dispatched on the 11th of march via UPS and that it can take up to 30 days from the shipping date!!

Had my trip not been cancelled due to all that's going on I would have been in danger of departing with out them in April when I ordered back in January!!
That is awfully confusing. I was in the same boat. Now I’m frustrated because the cards expire 3/2021. The funds don’t expire but it’s $15 to reissue a card. Our trip will likely be canceled and postponed for May 2021. I don’t think we have $2,000 in IHG stays over the next 12 months. Will likely cough up the $30 for two new cards next year. Oh well.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 9:57 am

They arrived at last shame i'm not going anywhere soon
2 days short of 9 weeks will have to make a note just encase I order in the future.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 3:42 am
KJR

Programs: On Business
They arrived at last shame i'm not going anywhere soon
2 days short of 9 weeks will have to make a note just encase I order in the future.
Received mine yesterday. Exactly 9 weeks. I'm based in the UK.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 4:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: FB Plat, IHG RA Spire, TK Elite+, HH Diamond, LH SEN, Marriott Titanium
I’m guessing they probably do them in large batches.

they may only produce the cards once every... 4 weeks. Or when they have a minimum of X number of orders.

as producing just one card at a time is not an efficient process.
Old May 20, 2020, 7:11 pm

Programs: Nandos Chillis
Has anybody had any joy using more than one Meeting Credits card to pay for a booking?

Unfortunately the hotel I'm interested in isn't contactable at present, but they are taking bookings online for when I'd like to stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.