Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted promotion: website won't allow me to register

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2018, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Targeted promotion: website won't allow me to register

I have a received an email from IHG addressed to me personally (with my name and membership number) inviting me to earn 10,000 bonus point by staying twice (4000 first stay, 6000 second stay), or staying once (for at least five nights) at IHG properties. A colleague has received the same email, personalised with his details. We are invited to click on 'register' in the email to do so. Then a 'registration form' consisting of my name and membershîp number (or email) and a request for a promotional code appears. I have no code. If I log in first before going through the email, the same for request for a code appears, though my details are now already filled in. Clicking on 'register' simply tells you that your (unentered, because you haven't got one) code is invalid. There is also the customary notice about certain promotions only working if you have been targetted for them. Any suggestions? Phone, I suppose?
Old May 24, 2018, 3:52 pm

Programs: DL, WN, AA, IHG Diamond, Hertz 5*
I could not register either, so called Rewards. The agent advised that registration is not open yet, but will be tomorrow. So try again then.
Old May 24, 2018, 6:53 pm

Location: SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold:AA Plat, Now retired but previous NWA PLAT 2 Million +, United 1K plus etc etc
Originally Posted by rangerss75
I have a received an email from IHG addressed to me personally (with my name and membership number) inviting me to earn 10,000 bonus point by staying twice (4000 first stay, 6000 second stay), or staying once (for at least five nights) at IHG properties. A colleague has received the same email, personalised with his details. We are invited to click on 'register' in the email to do so. Then a 'registration form' consisting of my name and membershîp number (or email) and a request for a promotional code appears. I have no code. If I log in first before going through the email, the same for request for a code appears, though my details are now already filled in. Clicking on 'register' simply tells you that your (unentered, because you haven't got one) code is invalid. There is also the customary notice about certain promotions only working if you have been targetted for them. Any suggestions? Phone, I suppose?
i got the same email and have the same problem as you. I’m going to phone tomorrow.
There is no promo code I can see in the TC’s to enter in the blank promo code box either.
Old May 25, 2018, 1:47 am

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Originally Posted by rangerss75

Same problem yesterday, today its ok...
But appears in my offers page 3 times...

Target is stay once 4K, Stay twice extra 6K, or stay 5 nights in one stay for 10K.

Assume this is same for the majority, possible some will have 15K targets.
Old May 25, 2018, 2:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, FB Plat, Accor Gold, IHG Gold, Wyndham Rewards Gold, BW Gold
Same here. Works today. And it appears three times in my offers list too. Thanks, as ever, to fellow flyertalkers. It really helps to know it's not a problem with your own computer or a result of approaching senility.
In the end it's usually the website and an IT problem. And it happens with almost every loyalty scheme's website. IHG is actually not the worst.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 12:27 pm

Programs: OWS IHG Diamond + Accor Plat, Scandic Top Level
Just did a one night stay and the 4K points for the first part posted with the Hotel points...plus the Accelerate was updated. The.IT system must be on the up..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.