Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28, 2022, 12:41 pm

ihg trip insurance

I will not use my IHG to book travel. The free trip insurance is a joke so far. It has been 6 months and I have not been reimbursed a condo fee. I was sick and still have not been reimbrused.
Old Jul 28, 2022, 6:27 pm

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by skidaddy74012
I will not use my IHG to book travel. The free trip insurance is a joke so far. It has been 6 months and I have not been reimbursed a condo fee. I was sick and still have not been reimbrused.
​​​​I don't think this has anything to do with IHG, but perhaps Chase more generally, or even a misunderstanding about what is and is not covered by travel insurance.
TravelinSperry likes this.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:40 am

This benefit with United is useless. My earlier $25 expired on July 16 and I need to use the next one in two months? It is worse than a Kohl’s cash.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 5:45 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hertz PC, IHG Spire, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by serpens
Thank you.

I understand from a thread in the United forum that I can buy a ticket using only TravelBank funds and a credit card, let it age 24+ hours, cancel it, and get a Future Flight Credit for the full ticket price, effectively extending the expiration date of the IHG TB funds. (I assume there is no need to buy a ticket that starts or ends anywhere near where I will actually be for this exercise.) Confirmation? Refutation? Can someone point me to a United ticket that is greater than $50 and less than $55? Thanks.

(cough) Hilton Food and Beverage Credit (cough)
You are correct in being able to purchase a ticket, then cancelling it past 24 hours so that this can be returned to you in the form of FFC.

I just did this recently as I got a TC that expired literally 2 weeks after I activated the freebie.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 6:51 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by zxrst
This benefit with United is useless. My earlier $25 expired on July 16 and I need to use the next one in two months? It is worse than a Kohl’s cash.
It is not useless for people who fly United and are frequent travelers. Few benefits are of equal value to everyone, and most benefits of travel credit cards do not benefit infrequent travelers.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:32 am

Thats a pretty ridiculous statement. Kohl's cash is useful to people who shop at Kohl's. United credits are useful to people who fly.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 7:43 am

Two months? The next one expires in January 2023.
Old Aug 4, 2022, 8:09 am

Just a data point for those wondering...I had asked a month or so ago if anything had hit the 20k spend yet, and one person was about to, so here is how things worked out for me:

I had a large purchase to make on my new Business card, so I was still working on the sign up bonus. I did my 20,000 purchase, which obviously got me the 3k SUB and 20k bonus. 2 days later when the purchase left pending the 100 statement credit showed up. When I looked in the app, it showed I had 210,000 points pending for the next statement (you cannot see it online, only on app).

My statement closed July 23, July 26 my 60,000 spend points posted and my 10,000 bonus points posted separately. It took until today for the 140,000 points to show (with yesterdays date though, weren't there at 8pm last night).

I estimate between the value of the points and the statement credit that I got $1,150 back on my purchase. And no there would not have been a cash discount, I bought kitchen cabinets, and the store that sold them took credit cards only, no cash no check.
Old Aug 28, 2022, 11:41 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist
I already have both the Select and Premier personal cards, and I'm thinking about signing up for the Business card, too. I'm fairly sure the wording on the application is saying that I will get the signup bonus even having opened the personal card a few months ago, but has anyone else done this? (I searched the thread and found other people asking a few months ago, but didn't see a clear answer.)
Old Aug 28, 2022, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by tsg20
I already have both the Select and Premier personal cards, and I'm thinking about signing up for the Business card, too. I'm fairly sure the wording on the application is saying that I will get the signup bonus even having opened the personal card a few months ago, but has anyone else done this? (I searched the thread and found other people asking a few months ago, but didn't see a clear answer.)
The new(ish) restriction is on getting a new personal card if you already hold any personal card—Select, Traveler, or Premier. The business card signup is completely unrelated.

I say this as a holder of all 3 personal cards who signed up for the biz card (& earned the SUB) earlier this year.

TLDR: assuming all else (5/24 count, total Chase credit line, etc.) is in good order, you’re fine.
Old Aug 31, 2022, 1:58 pm

Question for those who hit the 20k bonus...

I hit it on my business card, and now I am close to hitting it on my wife's card, opened a few months ago. Mine was all done with 1 purchase, so not returns.

I know the sign up bonus tracker says it is reduced for returns but in reality it is not. For example, if you spend 2,999 and return 999, you only need to spent $1 to actually get the bonus. Does the same hold true for the 20k bonus?

We are at 19,999.97 by chance of total purchases, but my wife wound up returning almost 2,000 of stuff she bought. Should I try buying a cup of coffee and see if I get the bonus, or is it not worth it?
Old Sep 7, 2022, 11:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Radisson Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I got a letter in the mail recently titled "Your IHG Rewards Select Credit Card Benefits are Changing"

It mentioned that points from credit card spend will not longer be elite qualifying points.

It then says "you'll continue to enjoy your other benefits, which aren't changing" and it lists them as the 40K points anniversary night and no foreign transaction fees.

It makes no reference to the 10% points rebate I get from this card.

It doesn't say this isn't changing but nor does the letter acknowledge it as a benefit.

Is this 10% points rebate benefit going away?
tbm13 likes this.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:03 am

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Apologies if this was covered previously in this thread, but how long does it take for points to show up in your IHG account after the statement closes? My first statement closed a few days ago and nothing posted yet (I should also get upgraded to Diamond).

From my experience with all other co-branded credit cards (Chase United and Marriott, Citi/Barclays AA, Amex Marriott and Hilton) it’s always been within a day or two of statement close so not sure if this is unusual or normal for Chase/IHG.
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:06 am

Normally a couple of days but things don't all post at the same time. When I hit my 20k spend in the same month as my SUB, I got my regular spend, SUB and 10k bonus on 3 separate days.

This month who knows...with all the IT issues from the hack anything is possible this month
Old Sep 14, 2022, 11:08 am

Programs: AA EP, United Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Schnit
Normally a couple of days but things don't all post at the same time. When I hit my 20k spend in the same month as my SUB, I got my regular spend, SUB and 10k bonus on 3 separate days.

This month who knows...with all the IT issues from the hack anything is possible this month
Thanks for the info, was wondering if it was hack-related… Saw on a blog site that stay postings have been scrambled.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.