Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 6, 2022, 11:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Dr Jabadski
IHG Rewards Premier Credit Card and IHG Rewards Premier Business Credit Card UA TravelBank Benefit

Per Chase personal and biz application pages: “Receive up to $50 United® TravelBank Cash to use when you book United® or United Express® flights*”

Announced February 2022, first post on this thread (#446, Feb 27, 22, 6:27 am).

Post on this thread specifying link to (try to) receive UA TB credits (#454, Mar 24, 22, 3:47 pm).

Consensus here as of Spring 2022 shortly after the commencement of this benefit was 1 (one) UA TB deposit per name and IHG account, not per credit card. Cardholders of both IHG personal and IHG biz cards received 1 UA TB deposit, some authors wrote that they had contacted IHG and were told the same thing.

As of mid-July 2022, when some people should have received their July 1 $25 TB credit, multiple people reported NOT receiving the July 1 credit and that communications with IHG and/or Chase and/or UA were unproductive and unsuccessful.

Print Wikipost

New Chase IHG Credit Card Options

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2018, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by ganbare
I just got my first statement for the new Premier card and the signup bonus points did not post. Minimum spend was met. I had signed up for the old card last June and received the signup bonus for that on its first statement, so it looks like they are considering the old card for the 24 month rule. Has anyone else received the bonus that got the old card within the last 24 months? Should I call, wait for next statement, or chalk it up as a loss? I would have signed up for the 4th night free benefit, but would have put spend on a better earning card.
How long before the statement cycled had you completed the minimum spend? I have noticed with Chase in the past that if you meet the minimum spend within the last week or so of the cycle, the bonus won't process until the following statement.
Old May 17, 2018, 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by travel4free
How long before the statement cycled had you completed the minimum spend? I have noticed with Chase in the past that if you meet the minimum spend within the last week or so of the cycle, the bonus won't process until the following statement.
Thanks! I'm hoping this may be it. Last transaction that met the spend posted two days before the cycle closed. I'll give you an update next month after the next statement. In the meantime, looking forward to see if anyone else that had the old card opened within the past 24 months received the bonus for the new card.
Old May 17, 2018, 6:04 pm

Last edited by Traveler Dave; May 17, 2018 at 6:13 pm
Old May 21, 2018, 10:58 am

Originally Posted by ganbare
I just got my first statement for the new Premier card and the signup bonus points did not post. Minimum spend was met. I had signed up for the old card last June and received the signup bonus for that on its first statement, so it looks like they are considering the old card for the 24 month rule. Has anyone else received the bonus that got the old card within the last 24 months? Should I call, wait for next statement, or chalk it up as a loss? I would have signed up for the 4th night free benefit, but would have put spend on a better earning card.
The fine print on the offer I received said to allow up to 8 weeks for the signup bonus points to post.
Old May 23, 2018, 11:52 am

Great News! 80K and 5K points have posted!

Originally Posted by LAXGUY
The fine print on the offer I received said to allow up to 8 weeks for the signup bonus points to post.
My wife applied 4/26 with instant approval. We added the AU same day. Week later the card arrived. Met with spend in a couple days. 5/23 both the 5K for the AU and 80K posted to her IHG acccount.

Even better news, she has the old IHG card that she got last year. So they are indeed considering this a new product with all the rewards benefits for users under the 24 month limit on previous rewards bonuses.
Old May 23, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hertz PC; IHG Diamond
Thanks for Confirmation

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

My wife applied 4/26 with instant approval. We added the AU same day. Week later the card arrived. Met with spend in a couple days. 5/23 both the 5K for the AU and 80K posted to her IHG acccount.

Even better news, she has the old IHG card that she got last year. So they are indeed considering this a new product with all the rewards benefits for users under the 24 month limit on previous rewards bonuses.
That is great news, and nice to have confirmation.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Great to hear that as well! I just got my Premier in the mail a few days ago. Those two cards together, along with my Spire, is going to be some serious points.
Tony300S likes this.
Old May 23, 2018, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by Super Mario
Great to hear that as well! I just got my Premier in the mail a few days ago. Those two cards together, along with my Spire, is going to be some serious points.
Hopefully followed by some serious redemptions!!! ^
Old May 27, 2018, 5:22 pm

hi everyone. are the 2 new cards considered separate products from each other? i have the old select card, so i am thinking about applying for the premier card at or around the anniversary date of my select card in december (so i get the free anniversary credit for both cards around the same time) and applying for the traveler card now to get the bonus points. is that possible?

also, is the traveler card subjected to the 5/24 rule? i am at 5/24 until september so if i need to wait then i will.

thanks!
Old May 27, 2018, 7:55 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Should be new product (99% sure) and they are not 5/24 cards (I had 20+/24)
Old May 28, 2018, 8:41 am

Originally Posted by blitzen

100% sure. See my post above.
Old May 28, 2018, 2:06 pm

Originally Posted by blitzen
thats a lot of credit cards in 2 years! thanks for your confirmation.

Originally Posted by Traveler Dave

100% sure. See my post above.
thanks for your response. to my understanding, it seems like your wife only applied for the premier card and she has the select card already. i was thinking about doing that and also getting the traveler card if its possible, so in other words holding all 3 versions at the same time. did she eventually do that?
Old May 28, 2018, 6:06 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Sorry if this has already been covered. I have been trying to monitor this thread.

Does anyone know with certainty if holding both cards yields both sets of benefits? I have heard conflicting accounts from CSRs. For example, if you take advantage of the 4th night free with the Premier Card @ 30k pts per night (90k pts redemption total). Can you also get the 10% back currently offered to Select Card holders? So you would get 9k pts back on top of the 4th night free. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Old May 29, 2018, 8:47 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador, Global Entry
Originally Posted by ColdIsCool
Sorry if this has already been covered. I have been trying to monitor this thread.

Does anyone know with certainty if holding both cards yields both sets of benefits? I have heard conflicting accounts from CSRs. For example, if you take advantage of the 4th night free with the Premier Card @ 30k pts per night (90k pts redemption total). Can you also get the 10% back currently offered to Select Card holders? So you would get 9k pts back on top of the 4th night free. Any help is appreciated! Thanks!
Everything I have heard so far, has said yes. I have both, but can not physically verify it yet.
Old May 29, 2018, 4:18 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ColdIsCool

I've been looking for the answer to this question also. I see nothing in the T&C that suggests the card holder would get one or the other, but it would be nice to get a confirmation that both apply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.