Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Dec 31, 2017, 6:49 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FLYGVA
Wiki was copied from 2017 thread
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

Pointbeaks changed the amount of points needed: This is discussed in this thread: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-rewards-club-intercontinental-ambassador/1890423-point-breaks-now-5k-10-15k.html

This thread is about the discussion about the locations and the actual list, please use the thread above for discussions about the increased number of points needed for pointbreak redemptions.

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2018 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I would have thought that the Crowne Plaza in Muscat, Oman, was a potentially good deal if you happen to be going there. Hotels are not cheap in Oman, so there's definitely bang for your points there. The Intercontinental Sao Paolo is definitely a money saver, of you're going there.

Helsinki seems very well served, with 3 hotels at 15,000 points level. Holidays in Finland, anyone?
And Nice in France is a deal, those hotels are always expensive.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:32 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by miadukes
I swear a couple of the 10/15k were previously on the 5k list. Nothing useful for me this time.
Yup. All Helsinki propertis have been there at 5k previously, and many times.

Seriously. Before, we have been nagging always but silently happy about to snatch a couple of usefuls, but this time around I was seriously hopeful but astonished now by the blatantly underwhelming intent by IHG at least what comes to Europe properties.
It seems all effort they made was to swift focus to Latin America and introduce real devaluation. Too bad I bite all my nails in vain.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:33 am

I believe Crown Plaza Syracuse NY will be at 15,000 points.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
But I agree with the comments above. I think it's sadly and insultingly lacklustre. And there are indeed properties that were 5,000 previously and are now 10,000 or 15,000, Dresden and Lucerne to name just two.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:37 am

Originally Posted by Concerto
I would have thought that the Crowne Plaza in Muscat, Oman, was a potentially good deal if you happen to be going there. Hotels are not cheap in Oman, so there's definitely bang for your points there. The Intercontinental Sao Paolo is definitely a money saver, of you're going there.

Helsinki seems very well served, with 3 hotels at 15,000 points level. Holidays in Finland, anyone?
And Nice in France is a deal, those hotels are always expensive.
I see Crowne Plaza Duqm. I don't see the one in Muscat.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:41 am

Programs: KLM Gold, DL Silver
Originally Posted by FFlash
The. End.
Absolutely horrible.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:42 am

But I agree with the comments above. I think it's sadly and insultingly lacklustre. And there are indeed properties that were 5,000 previously and are now 10,000 or 15,000, Dresden and Lucerne to name just two.
Saddle Brook NJ was 5000 in October. Now 10000 in February.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Some of the IC’s are interesting, but nothing jumps out otherwise. I see lots of 10k listings for previous 5k properties. I normally find 1-2 to book, but don’t think I’ll jump on anything.

Valuewise, I see lots of places that case rates are fairly close to the standard .7cpm value.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:43 am

Programs: Aeroplan, Marriott LTG, IHG Platinum
Holiday Inn Express Chennai Old Mahabalipuram Road is 10K level...this must be really glorified PB List. we could book this hotel for around 30 USD...
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:44 am

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Never able to take advantage. Finally I need a hotel in Laos and one on the list but still not reflective of PB rate. Is Asia released at a different time or am I SOL.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:45 am

Managed to snag two stays in Rome, one for two nights and the other for one night. Also snagged two nights in the Naples hotel, without even checking where it is or what it is like.
Crappy location for both, you'll be better off with a regular booking for cash.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:46 am

Tough list. Was hoping for something decent in APAC but... no much luck. Booked KUL & PEN for an upcoming Malaysia visit, but I'll probably just pay to stay somewhere nicer or more conveniently located.

I'm seriously tempted to visit the ANA CP Wakkanai every time I see it on the list. Average high in February is 27 F
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:46 am

Also, note, that they removed the option to add guests to the booking.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:47 am
Suspended

I am laughing to the bank, so many ICs. Who cares if you do not have ideal hotel on the list. As long as there are more than 8 ICs I am happy. Crowne Plazas in Abu Dhabi and China are great too. In China Crowne Plazas guarantee Spire members Club Lounge.

For those complain about no hotels in Australia and New Zealand, this is summer time the peak travel period there. Be patient waiting for the winter list.

if you wonder why there is no hotels from Florida, check the room rate down in Daytona Beach all the way to Miami. Same can be said to Californian hotels too.

Overall I am happy ICs ate back to the list with so many Crowne Plazas. If you are disappointed with the list, maybe your travel is not extensive enough to take advantage of those good hotels on the list (all the ICs in Caribbean and Latin America or Crowne plazas in Asia), or maybe you are just dreaming too much for nothing.
Old Jan 29, 2018, 10:48 am

Northern Europe is freezing and the hotels on the list are solid. Southern Europe would be nice this time of year, but those locations are frightful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.