Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2018, 4:51 pm

Is there any way to still force the old site? I was using Firefox up until last month but that seems gone now.

The basic design of the new site really is horrible. I can click on the random stuff they present and hope for the best, or spend an extra 20 minutes per booking trying to figure out what the website is doing. Or (hint, hint) book somewhere else.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 11:40 pm

Programs: UA MM-1P, Hilton Life Diamond, Marriot Life Gold, ICH Spire
The ICH site has become so awful as to become unusable. It's as if we've all become unwilling users of Windows 10.
If you select Reward Nights as one of the "Multiple Rates", it overrides everything else and Reward Nights are all you can see.
The enormous tiles on the screen for each hotel reduce the amount of information on a screen at any one time by about 75%.
It's now impossible to compare hotels and best rates via a simple list, which is all I need.
The time needed to get anything useful done on the site has at least doubled, and I don't have time for all this nonsense.
Absolutely no good reason the best rates for all ICH Hotels in the area searched for can't be displayed 6 to 10 hotels at a time.
I have limited patience. Last year I had over 100 nights at ICH, but they're going to lose some of that because as I lose patience with the booking site
I am increasingly going to jump over to others that are more useful.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:11 am
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by pretzlaff
There is a 'feedback' tab on the side of the desktop site.
I tried to locate "Feedback", but couldn't find it. Then I realized that it's displaying the content in German even though I've set the language to "English" (or "Engels" as they call it).

HTB.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 8:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I really miss the website they got rid of several years ago. You could start your search and get a confirmation number in about 30 seconds. No added fluff unless you expanded a link to see such things.
Old Jan 19, 2018, 9:44 am

Lots of my searches are now dying with the spinning dial that never stops spinning...

*edit*

Got the search to work by switching to IE (lol), but now I can't view my account. Clicking on any of the various "Manage Your Account" links just dumps me onto the general page advertising IHG Rewards Club. Logging out and back in doesn't fix it.

Last edited by trouble747; Jan 19, 2018 at 10:15 am
Old Jan 20, 2018, 6:37 am

Programs: SQ QPPS, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by htb
I tried to locate "Feedback", but couldn't find it. Then I realized that it's displaying the content in German even though I've set the language to "English" (or "Engels" as they call it).

HTB.

It keeps asking me if I want to set my language to English everytime I enter the website despite clicking 'yes' many times!
Old Jan 20, 2018, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nym
It keeps asking me if I want to set my language to English everytime I enter the website despite clicking 'yes' many times!
Worse for me, it keeps defaulting to French no matter what country I am in or how many times I say no to that option. I expect if I take the time to dig around in the cookies I'll be able to fix that though. But why should I have to dig into the internals to fix IHG's lame site? Clearly they did not budget for professional web designers.
Old Jan 20, 2018, 10:33 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nym
To be fair to the new website (which, yes, is awful and bug ridden) it used to do this on the old website, at least for me.

More importantly, not all my bookings appear (only the IC bookings, not the HIX bookings I have) and the estimate of points to be earned is incorrect if the booking is in a currency other than US$ (it is correct when you click on View Stay Details as this seems to take you to the old site).
Old Jan 25, 2018, 11:48 am

I despise it too!

Can't stand it!
Old Jan 25, 2018, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA (Exec Plat), ANA (Plat), Club Carlson (Gld), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Plat), SPG (Gld)
Agree with others that new website is awful. Just booked a Marriott stay last night because I couldn't determine the rate at a Holiday Inn Express that was closer to where I needed to be for upcoming travel. Also, agree with others that it is frustrating that when selecting points rates, no other rates show up except points rates even if the points rate is not available. The new website is just one more reason that I am staying less frequently with IHG but is definitely a bigger contributor since if I can't find a rate or availability for a hotel why would I waste my time looking at their site first, when I can look at a competitors site first and if they have what I am looking for in my price range just book with them. So Marriott and Hilton are now the first 2 websites I search whereas in the past IHG was always the first website.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:11 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Awful doesn't even begin to describe it. I haven't had a single successful search yesterday or today. Usually, the search results for hotels fails to load at all. When it does load, none of the clicks on the hotels work, so it's impossible to see the rooms.

At this point, IHG might as well just straight up say “we don't want your business”.
Old Jan 26, 2018, 8:25 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
Awful doesn't even begin to describe it. I haven't had a single successful search yesterday or today. Usually, the search results for hotels fails to load at all. When it does load, none of the clicks on the hotels work, so it's impossible to see the rooms.

At this point, IHG might as well just straight up say “we don't want your business”.
Given that IHG gives so little status recognition, they probably figure that most people do just as well by booking on hotels.com. It really is astonishing to see a business that cares so little - worthless trash website that is actively driving booking aways from their own site, disastrous security that is causing endless problems for account hackings. They really do not give a flying f*** about anything!
Old Jan 26, 2018, 10:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Given that IHG gives so little status recognition
Huh? RA gets the best status recognition in the industry. And the good non-IC hotels really do recognize Spire. This awful website won't keep me away from IC's. Even if I have to book by phone!
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:40 am
Moderator: InterContinental Hotels and Germany

Since the new page, I do not received confirmationts e-mail anymore, they only appear if I choose the (re)send button. I checked the seetings of my mail account (own domain), but they are okay. Does anybody else experience this?

And yes, I am also slightly annoyed by the new page ...
Old Jan 27, 2018, 6:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Is the app behaving as badly as the website for you? I had a look for a property last night and it seemed to be ok. I don’t spend much time on the IHG website, only to check from time to time that I haven’t been hacked.

But don’t get me started on IT, our lives have been polluted and cursed by this stuff. Nothing seems to work properly, wasting huge amounts of time and energy. In the last days, I have written rants about Avis, Air France and Expedia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.