Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2018, 12:40 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by pretzlaff
Do they not use their own website?
Of course I don't know, but my guess is they absolutely do not use their own web site.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:29 am

Programs: IHG Spire, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by King Chung Huang
I totally agree. The humongous elements on the hotel list makes it a chore to scroll through on my 13" MacBook. And, I can no longer see both the points required for a reward night and the cost of a regular paid night together. It's one or the other, now. The way it shifts the map as you scroll is super annoying, too.
Not only does the map jump around it shows hotels up to 50km (?) away with no option for choosing the search distance ( 5 / 10 / 15 etc) &/or unit (mile / km) as per the old website. That is really good for somewhere like Hong Kong when the results show the various options in nearby territories / countries (i.e. Macau and China) or Bangkok that shows options in Pattaya and Hua Hin.

Also no longer able to 'right-click' and open particular hotels / rates for particular hotels in new windows and from there be able to search for rates over different dates to make comparisons. Now it is clicks forward on first hotel, clicks backward to return to main list, clicks forward on next hotel. clicks backward to main list... etc. etc. all the time having to make note of what information you find along the way.

Certainly is not as user friendly as the old site design.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Additionally when you are trying to choose between one hotel or another during the reservation process, there is no longer a link to the hotel property showing on the list. I've been opening up another tab on my browser and googling the hotel property link to find out details about the hotel. In the past, and currently on every other hotel chain website, you can click on the property name to open on a page on the property itself. No longer possible with IHG.

But it's nonsense to say that I would quit IHG because they have a terrible website design. It is ugly and a pain, but it functions. I just booked an AMB Weekend too. Make sure you go here to do that. https://www.ihg.com/intercontinental...nd-certificate
Old Jan 10, 2018, 3:19 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
The BOGO should go thru the correct link as shown by Stimpy, above. I just did one and the Ambassador site is better, at least there's the map and easier to find things without having to go thru multiple links. Send an email to IHG CS everytime you have a problem and maybe something will get done....wait, it's IHG so nothing will get done. Enjoy.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: BA LTG, UA Gold, EK Silver, Hilton LT Diamond, Marriott LT Titanium, IHG Plat
Is the website not working as when I search for any hotel it just comes back and says there is nothing. Tried many locations and dates so assume the booking engine is down ?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Aeroplan 75K, Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by moral_low_ground
Is the website not working as when I search for any hotel it just comes back and says there is nothing. Tried many locations and dates so assume the booking engine is down ?
I'm having a similar problem. No matter what I search for, the search results page just has a spinning indicator and never shows any hotels.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 12:46 pm

Me too ... been like this since at least yesterday. Tried webchat last night who were utterly useless then rang the UK telephone booking line who said they had had many complaints and had reported it to tech who were working on it ... perhaps putting back the old website while they do some PROPER testing before going live might be a good idea ?

To any IHGService Lurkers reading this .... have you any idea how annoying this is and any idea how much money it must be costing your company ... SORT IT OUT.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by rrohio
Absolutely TERRIBLE I HATE the new website
Same here. It's like those "big print" books for old people with bad vision. Accor hotels did the same thing with their website last year. I like to have the hotel listings in a nice and concise format, with very little need to constantly scroll down.
Old Jan 12, 2018, 9:56 pm

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Horrible. Search results show reward nights available, but then I only get paid rates!
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:12 am

Who tested this out before implementing? Agree with all of the above. Violates IT best practices I worked under 30 years ago.

Not only are they not paying us FT members for doing their QA ("Software Janitor") work; they are not even reading the FREE advice we are giving them here. They should sign in, message the top five posters here, and at least offer to pay them for a phone consultation FIRST. At a minimum.

Fortunately, I'm saving all confirmation emails, until well after my points and promos are posted. This is turning out useful when I cannot see my upcoming stays on this new "upgrade". I can cancel using the reservation number saved in emails. Otherwise, I'd have no access. I shouldn't have to do this workaround.

In normal times, if I'm not sure of my next few days' location, I may keep dual or triple locations under individual reservations, especially if I have previously searched out good rates for them. I almost always cancel at least two days before, where a one day cancellation is the usual requirement. Just to be safe from my own memory lapses or busy times.

Now I am cancelling 4-5-6 days ahead, not wanting to be trapped by a website I cannot reach under some unforeseen situation. Not a user-friendly upgrade at all. It hasn't cost them any of my business as yet, as the hotels themselves are fine for my needs, but...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:26 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Yeah, the website is beyond terrible. It's ten levels of absurd that when I needed to call about a recent HIX stay that hadn't credited Welcome points, the info on the website listed only the property name and not the reservation number under the stay details, so I had to trawl through my email to find it.

At the moment, the site is basically not working at all, just that stupid rotating ring, followed by a message saying: "Sorry, please try again. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Care for assistance."

I honestly think they could sack their entire IT department and just outsource the whole thing to some guy in Manila working out of his bedroom. I fail to see how it could be any worse than what they have right now.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:36 am

We used to get valuable user feedback on the sly, as management forbade us from contacting them.

But salespeople knew their incomes depended on user satisfaction, and beating out the software competition. So they gave some of the smarter users our phone numbers, and slipped beta versions of our work to the users who knew what they would be looking for in it, people who could really beat on it and find the breaks, just like our QA people were trying all day to do. (This was early WP and database work.)

Any bug we could locate before release, from whatever source, was a plus to us. These people were probably given a deadline by management, with insufficient or misallocated man-hours to meet it. And the result is...
Old Jan 13, 2018, 8:57 am

Programs: Delta FO, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond Elite
Originally Posted by rfrost
Horrible. Search results show reward nights available, but then I only get paid rates!
This is so frustrating! I used to have this happen sporadically on the old website, too. We frequently use our points for youth sports travel, so I'm always looking for rewards stays.

This new website makes me feel like I'm 80 years old with extreme vision problems.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
It looks like a website for children. Everything is just way too BIG! I cannot book two standard rooms for two adults and two children. It keeps offering me a damn suite! All I want are two rooms and I've tried specifying one adult and one child in each room, but no luck.

I may end up making two separate reservations.
Old Jan 13, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: United 1K, Frontier 100K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond/ Ambassador/ Milestoner
There is a 'feedback' tab on the side of the desktop site. Every time that I check the site, I open that tab and remind them that their new web design sucks. Today, I told them that I have been going to the Hilton website first to check prices because the new web design is so painful to use. Indeed, this is true, as I would sooner deal with the Hilton website than fight to check rates on the IHG website.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.