The New IHG Web Booking Interface is PISSING ME OFF!

Old Mar 12, 18, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by tdcao View Post
More like BAD MANAGEMENT. The old site was working PERFECTLY and FULL of USEFUL FEATURES. Who DECIDED to scrap that and SHOVE this CRAP up ours? Certainly not IT folks. Must be some BUSYBODY probably newly hired CIO trying and FAILED to score points with the board. Nothing but aggravation everytime I go to the website. The apps are working somewhat but the small screens are driving me insane!
My question is, who's idea was to make it even worse???? The new website unveiled a couple of months ago was bad enough. Now, the "enhanced" changes on top of that are absolutely horrible. Trying to find a rate at a specific hotel is outright annoying.
Old Mar 12, 18, 3:43 pm

Programs: HH D; IHGR P; MB m
Now the web interface only shows points+cash when I click on [Points]. Have to use the app to do points booking. !&[email protected]#!#%&!
Looks like this has been taken care of: website search results (when selecting Reward Nights) now default to POINTS. You can quickly switch between POINTS and POINTS+CASH, just like in the App.
Old Mar 12, 18, 4:06 pm

Originally Posted by Fanjet View Post
My question is, who's idea was to make it even worse???? The new website unveiled a couple of months ago was bad enough. Now, the "enhanced" changes on top of that are absolutely horrible. Trying to find a rate at a specific hotel is outright annoying.
The way these things usually work is - some manager needed to show initiative and deliver some large feature so that they can get the next promotion/bonus. Redesigning of the website is one such large project to give visibility to some IT manager.
Old Mar 13, 18, 3:01 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond Select, BA Blue
I think IHG IT consists of a team from a local Under-5s playgroup.
Old Mar 13, 18, 8:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
More like BAD MANAGEMENT. The old site was working PERFECTLY and FULL of USEFUL FEATURES. Who DECIDED to scrap that and SHOVE this CRAP up ours? Certainly not IT folks. Must be some BUSYBODY probably newly hired CIO trying and FAILED to score points with the board. Nothing but aggravation everytime I go to the website. The apps are working somewhat but the small screens are driving me insane!
I think it must be a mix of bad management and bad IT. But the common problem is budget and it affects all hotel, airline, etc. travel sites. None of these companies will attract decent talent with the budgets they have. And the only successes they have is when they outsource the work to a firm of good web designers. But then the budgets get cut by management and no more good work gets done. Then it is back to leaving it up to people who are on salaries of less than $50K or so and you get what you pay for. The best people will go to the top tech companies who pay significantly more.
Old Mar 13, 18, 10:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by rumbataz View Post
I think IHG IT consists of a team from a local Under-5s playgroup.
Yeah. This whole booking website looks like it was meant for children to navigate.
Old Mar 15, 18, 2:12 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
finally a third option when viewing hotels
money

only seeing the cash and points rate was pretty annoying

spoke too soon. when you click on the hotel it reverts back to a cash and points rate, then finally back to a points rate
Old Mar 15, 18, 2:35 pm

Programs: EK Gold, EY Gold, Bonvoy LT Titanium, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
whats annoying me now is they have still not fixed the Ambassador renewal page!
what a bunch of muppets. I remember last year having to call up as the website was nackered

must be a record for a broken link... 12 plus months
Old Mar 18, 18, 1:40 pm

Programs: WN, DL, UA, AA, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
It appears that the new web interface also obscures messages about conditions at the hotel. I arrived at our hotel last night to find that it's under major renovation. That information was no where in the booking process nor in any emails. I was able to find the announcement on the IHG website, but not on a page that you'd ever need to visit to make a reservation.

This is especially frustrating because I know it used to work- we stayed at this same hotel a few years ago when their kitchen was being renovated so the breakfast would be cold only. I was made aware of that when making the booking and in the confirmation email.
Old Mar 20, 18, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by nomiiiii View Post
Their website team really should focus more on making a stronger login instead of 4 numbers, instead of making the UI worse.
YES

This is a case where they fix something not broken and ignore obvious weakness
Old Mar 20, 18, 12:28 am

They have ruined the website. It is no surprise for me. This new website caused me to get the Hyatt card (no 5-24) and use IHG less. I also upgrade to Hilton Ascend and was offered 75000 bonus points just to upgrade (must spend 2000 in 90 days). New website made me not book with IHG. No more "search by route" which I used many times. I only use IHG if no other alternative.
Old Mar 20, 18, 2:02 am

Programs: BA Nada, HH Diamond, IHG Spire AMB, Marriott Plat, Accor Gold
It's dreadful, if I do a search for a hotel at London Heathrow it list hotels in central London first. When I click on stay details more often than nor the page doesn't load!
Old Mar 20, 18, 4:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by CarlosRodrigue View Post
YES

This is a case where they fix something not broken and ignore obvious weakness
I suppose they are putting off the headache of getting people to migrate across to a healthier password system. Easier to prettify the website.

I'm particularly impressed with the intermediary "Select Your Room Type" pop-up. The helpful "skip this page" option at the bottom of that page suggests they know it's useless.

But after all that out of the box, blue sky thinking, the discussions, the coding, I guess it would be a shame to ditch it
Old Mar 20, 18, 7:41 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by strickers View Post
It's dreadful, if I do a search for a hotel at London Heathrow it list hotels in central London first. When I click on stay details more often than nor the page doesn't load!
Thank you. I thought I was doing something wrong. (Of course, we could both be doing something wrong, but it's less likely.)

The website must be a great thing for some IHG manager. First, he or she replaces the old website (something accomplished!), and now he or she can list multiple accomplishments improving the new website!
Old Mar 25, 18, 9:30 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Okay, it's now 3/25 and the web site is still telling me about my upcoming stay from 3/22-3/24. On the app, that same stay shows as both an upcoming stay and a past stay.

Database weirdness?

Search this Thread