Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 27, 2017, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: beachmouse
Copying over the usual promotion info to the new thread:

For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.

Doing a points + cash booking and then cancelling it does NOT trigger a 'buy points' task completion.

The 'pay with your IHG credit card' task has typically been very slow to post. If it does within about two weeks of completing a stay, that's relatively quick, and it will often be several weeks beyond that, depending on when your statement closing date is and how IHG's system sweep is timed.

Some offers require booking within the promotion period in addition to staying during the promotion period.

Registration & dashboard link:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/offers/q2accelerate2017/registration
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2Q 2017 (15th MAY to 31st AUG)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2017, 6:02 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by daruda
are you sure it count only for stays booked after registration?
Not for stays in correct period but booked before today?
The PointsGuy blog said that you have to register before booking, but you can always contact IHG customer service and ask them.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:00 pm

I got:

Stay once = 2,500
Stay more (5 nights) = 5,000
Discover our brands (stay 3 different brands) = 19,200
Renew Ambassador = 5,000

Achievement bonus (3 of above) = 13,000
Stay sooner (before July 30th) = 3,000

Pretty easy to pick up 52,700 points.

SPG has offered me no promotions over the past year (or more)...so IHG, it is. I actually prefer their hotels, at least in the cities I visit.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 8:59 pm

Programs: British Airways non-rev, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
2,500 Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 2 time(s) using your corporate rate and earn 2,500 bonus points.

I received this one again, but my company doesn't have a corporate rate, which makes it nearly impossible to achieve the "almost all" bonus. Has anyone else experienced this and been able to resolve it? I complained last time and received the 2,500 complimentary, but obviously the "almost all" bonus isn't possible.
Old Apr 27, 2017, 9:44 pm

Programs: AGR, UA, AA
2,500 Stay Once Get 2,500
10,000 Stay More, Earn More (5 nights)
2,400 Stay for Less and Earn (1 night Points and Cash which doesn’t count towards the night minimum)
2,400 Big City Bonus (1 night selected New York, Chicago, Washington, D.C., Los Angeles, Orlando or San Francisco hotels)
1,500 Spend on IHG credit card
21,200 Complete 4 of the 5 offers
3,000 Stay once before June 30th and get 3,000 bonus points.

Total 43,000 points.

Although one might be tempted to go for five nights, I would probably do one points and cash night and one night in the major market (I qualify for government rate in California so could get a room in the LA market for $120 or less should I book ahead, basically using it as a get away or as an airport hotel the night before a flight). 33,000 points for two one-night stays. Not bad!
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:14 am

Points & Cash rate - terms of condition

Hi all! There's one Thing, I don't really understand in the Terms and conditions. One of my offers is:

"Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer ("Registration"). Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of “Points & Cash” Reward Nights have been redeemed/purchased and consumed by the member between 15 May 2017 and 31 August 2017 (both dates inclusive) at..."

Does that mean, a stay that is BOOKED before May 16th but consumed on May 31st would not qualify? I need a booking for that night and want to be sure I'll have a room, so would prefer to book it in, now. Any opinions? Thanks a lot.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:10 am

1. Stay Once Get 2,500;
2. Stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points;
3. Stay at 3 brands and get 28,800 bonus points,
4. Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 4,800 bonus points;
5. Renew Your Ambassador Membership Earn 5,000 bonus points;

Complete 4 of the 5 offers and earn (an additional) 21,000 bonus points

Stay once before 30 June and get 5,000 bonus points
Old Apr 28, 2017, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: AA, BAEC, Alaska, Flying Blue, United, IHG, Hilton
Now working:

Stay once: 2,500

7 nights: 14,000

1 weekend: 4,000

1 x Points & Cash: 2,400

2 countries: 11,200

1 x Your Rate Bonus Points package: 2,800

5 out of 6: 11,000

Bonus: 1 stay before June 30: 3,000

All very stackable so it's kind of tempting, even though Summer is a very quiet travel season for me.

I could knock this out in 3 weekends for 50,900, or 3 nights for 36,900 - a weekend in Italy on a bonus package and a single night in Germany on P&C (I live in Austria).
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:17 am
SBT

Points and Cash - Qualifying Stay?

Anyone know if I book a Stay using the points and cash promotion does this stay count towards a qualifying stay in the Accelerate 2017 promo? Also do I earn Priority points on the cash portion of the stay? Thank you.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 9:24 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SBT
Anyone know if I book a Stay using the points and cash promotion does this stay count towards a qualifying stay in the Accelerate 2017 promo? Also do I earn Priority points on the cash portion of the stay? Thank you.
I asked customer service the same question yesterday and they said no. Points and cash is actually buying a reward night so you won't earn any points even on the cash portion and since it's a reward night stay, it doesn't count towards the Accelerate promo unless you have a points and cash offer. Lucky for me, I do.
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:02 pm

86,800 points to aim for, of which I'm likely to get 68,500 based on current plans. Pretty good offer for me.

Stay Once Get 2,500 - yes
Stay 27 night(s) and earn 54,000 bonus points - probably
Book 2 stay(s) with the IHG® App and earn 1,300 bonus points. No - the return on Quidco bookings is better.
Stay 2 weekend(s), including a Saturday night, and earn 8,000 bonus points. Unlikely
4,000 bonus points for a stay of 4 or more consecutive nights. Possibly, depending on work requirements.
Book and pay for one stay at any IHG hotel using your IHG® Credit Card and earn 1,500 bonus points. yes.
Redeem your points for anything - 1,000 bonus points. yes.
Complete 6 of the 7 offers - 9,000 bonus points. Unlikely
Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points. Yes
Stay once before 30 June and get 5,000 bonus points. Yes
Old Apr 28, 2017, 12:32 pm

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Hi
I got a challenge which requires 100USD spend on F&B but I would not be able to achieve this other than the fact that I am in an IC for a while in August. The problem is its points stay. I am pretty likely to spend a lot more than this but wondered if there is any way that would qualify.

The T&Cs look pretty clear but it does not say qualifying stay as below...

"Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after the member reaches the required “Spend on Food or Beverage” (as defined below) at all IHG® hotels in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan, US, Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, in Asia, Middle East, Africa, South Pacific Islands, Australia or Europe between 15 May 2017 and 31 August 2017 (both dates inclusive) at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites® or HUALUXE® hotels worldwide. The “Spend on Food or Beverage” means the spend on food & beverage at the restaurants, bars and other food and beverage outlets within the hotels subject to the management of the IHG Property during your stay. The Spend on Food or Beverage must be charged to the room bill at check-out. The Spend on Food or Beverage excludes any spend on room service, mini-bar, applicable service fee, tax, discount amount and any other items determined at IHG’s discretion. This Offer does not apply to any food included in the room rate, for example 'bed & breakfast' or 'dinner, bed & breakfast' rates. ""

What is the experience of others?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 2:45 pm

Programs: E50 MM
Question about the weekend stay promotion (must stay Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday). I have 2 one night stays booked at the same hotel on the weekend (Saturday and Sunday night). Is it correct to assume it doesn't have to be on the same reservation just as long as you have two paid nights?
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:18 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
I got the "your rate bonus point package"
What the H is it? Terms do not really explain...
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:24 pm
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FFlash
I got the "your rate bonus point package"
What the H is it? Terms do not really explain...
Just book a stay that has bonus points and requires you to be a member, ie

Bonus Points YOUR RATE by IHG® Rewards Club BONUS POINTS: 1,000 Bonus Points for Every Night
FREE Cancellation until 6:00 PM local hotel time on April 29, 2017
Old Apr 28, 2017, 3:28 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Thanks markis
Very well, I tend to like booking 5K packages anyway

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.