Wiki Posts
Search

Points for two room booking

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2018, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by Eli1980
They also wrote to me: no credit for multiple rooms for stays within the European, Middle Eastern, African, Central and South American and Asia Pacific regions.
Not much left beyond the USA....
Canada and Mexico - more than nothing.
Old Apr 25, 2018, 6:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by Flying Lawyer
Believe it or not: There is a world outside north America. ......

... but it can be an uphill struggle getting that message across
Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:09 am

Programs: DL Silver, NZ, VS, HH, IHG Gold, Marriott, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by navelfluff
Last week I had two rooms for two nights at a London (UK) HI. I booked both at the same time, and I paid for both rooms on a single bill / single card transaction. I only got points for one room. It would be perfectly reasonable to only get qualifying nights & points for a single room, I have no problem with that. However, why shouldn't I get points for the revenue generated from the second room?

Is that usual for IHG? It was my first stay this year and I would be reluctant go give them any further business this year, especially as the local Hiltons are better and they just status-matched me to HHonors Diamond.

I booked two rooms at Indigo London Kensington. They were credited as an overlapping stay. I got points for both rooms but only room counted towards qualifying nights.

It mattered because it was in December and it left me one night short of retaining platinum. I ended up doing a mattress run at my local HI to keep status for 2018.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.