Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
I got what I wanted. Actually double booked one of the rooms by accident as a result of aggressive panic-clicking when the page wouldn't refresh. Good thing these bookings are refundable...
Per usual, the one I wanted is "full". Berlin for 28-29 April.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:07 am

I was able to snag three reservations just now. All three not so exciting locations (Michigan and Illinois), but in each case saving $$ for planned trips. ^
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Been refreshing all morning and managed to get the one i really wanted for the holiday and mysecond choice not on my first date but on 2 other dates. really stoked!!!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:10 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
No, once the list is posted no more hotels will be added.

And hotels will disappear as rooms booked at 5K rate will exhaust inventory (and we don't know how many rooms are available for 5K). And no, they will not be put back into inventory if someone cancels 5K booking at 5K rate
Originally Posted by lonelycrowd
I got what I wanted. Actually double booked one of the rooms by accident as a result of aggressive panic-clicking when the page wouldn't refresh. Good thing these bookings are refundable...
Just to add to this note. I double booked as well (the website showed the reservation as not having gone thru so I clicked again and then noticed that double the points were missing). I was making one reservation for 3 nights and one for 4 nights, we are not sure if we would be up that extras day or not on 2 different accounts. well, once i did those 2 3 nights by mistake i couldnt get the 4 nights but as soon as i cancelled the 3 night, boom i was able to snag the 4 night. So in this case, my hotel sent that room right back at 5k. I was super stoked.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:11 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
I booked a night at the Porto HIX for this week as I have a late arrival at OPO booked last minute, it was the perfect option ^
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:12 am

Just got 2 nights at the Holiday inn @ Bronte outside Toronto
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by finlandokie
Per usual, the one I wanted is "full". Berlin for 28-29 April.
to expect a successful booking just a few days out is probably a little too much...

I got my dates and am now points free and will bid a happy farewell to IHG. Thanks for the fun while it lasted.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:19 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Just bagged CP Vilnius :-)
People interested in Vilnius shoul keep in mind the airport closure.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:22 am

Programs: AS,UA
I keep getting an error when I try to book

We encountered a system problem while processing your request. Please try again or contact the IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care Center for assistance
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:24 am

Booked 7 nights at the HI Brno
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:26 am

Originally Posted by lebowski2222

We encountered a system problem while processing your request. Please try again or contact the IHG® Rewards Club Customer Care Center for assistance
Check your account. I had that happend and click reserve again and the reservation went thru twice.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:28 am

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
Secured myself 2 stays at HIX KUL. Error came during completion. 2x pts deducted. Meanwhile check in ur upcoming reservation if booking was gone thru. Pts came back by complaint CS agent thru live chat.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:28 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by lebowski2222

Originally Posted by miadukes
Check your account. I had that happend and click reserve again and the reservation went thru twice.
Yup, had it happen as well

Cancelled the extra night, but points didn't return to my account even15 minutes later
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by EmailKid
Yup, had it happen as well

Cancelled the extra night, but points didn't return to my account even15 minutes later
Oh I didnt have that problem, in fact when I cancelled the double booking, it put the nights back into 5k inventory. very interesting turn of events. I almost scrwed myself with those bookings.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by miadukes
Same here, I ended up with 3 rooms, I only noticed due to my points balance that was decreasing (no confirmation email when I got the error message), it happened when I booked for 1 person, went through fine when I put 2 people for some reason. Cancelled the unwanted bookings without problem

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.