Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:39 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
Created WIKI Mar2017 purely to add the "new" IHG PB List URL as I can't find by screen navigation since IHG changed the reservation screens etc, and the old url if saved no longer works either.

Just got fed up trying to find , much easier to store in wiki, hope this helps others

SCUBACCR

Use this URL for "Live" PB Listing:
https://www.ihg.com/rewardsclub/content/us/en/redeem-rewards/pointbreaks.html

The PREVIEW list usually appears on IHG's blog first
https://blog.ihg.com/ihg-rewards-club-pointbreaks-preview
Print Wikipost

2017 Pointbreaks Discussion Thread

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2017, 3:06 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by mster
The Madrid property looks more like a below average airport hotel. Like the other cities above Madrid is very affordable so staying at a poorly run HIX near the airport seems a poor decision.
The Madrid hotel is nowhere near the airport!!!!! I don't know how you come to the conclusion but the Madrid hotel is a €25-30 taxi ride to the airport. Even the Holiday Inn Tablas is closer to airport than this one. The hotel itself is not 'poorly' run but has its own limitation for its location. An average HIX in the suburbs.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: AC Peon / Hyatt Discoverist
Has anyone stayed at the HIX Karlsruhe location? (looks like no mention of this in this thread before). Any comments?

It looks like it's a short walk to the zoo. Would be interesting to take the 2 toddlers & wife for a day or two.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:24 am
Suspended

Programs: Accor, IHG, LH, BAEC, DB
Originally Posted by darwiniandemon
Has anyone stayed at the HIX Karlsruhe location? (looks like no mention of this in this thread before). Any comments?

It looks like it's a short walk to the zoo. Would be interesting to take the 2 toddlers & wife for a day or two.
It's not centrally located. It's in the development area City Park near the train tracks. About a 30 min walk to the zoo. It's even further away from the city center. Right now, due to construction, you will even need a transfer from the tram to the S-Bahn (commuter rail) to get to the city center.

But the hardware is nice. They opened last September IIRC. Breakfast ist slightly underwhelming for German standards (but certainly better than what you'd get, say, in an American HIX).
Old Apr 24, 2017, 5:53 am

Programs: AC Peon / Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by fppmongo
It's not centrally located. It's in the development area City Park near the train tracks. About a 30 min walk to the zoo. It's even further away from the city center. Right now, due to construction, you will even need a transfer from the tram to the S-Bahn (commuter rail) to get to the city center.

But the hardware is nice. They opened last September IIRC. Breakfast ist slightly underwhelming for German standards (but certainly better than what you'd get, say, in an American HIX).
Thanks for the quick feedback. Hope to check out this location using Pointbreaks.

Also, it seems that this whole city is under construction all the time.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I was wondering what the Porto hotel is like, given that it's so far from the city. I thought I had scored big time because I happen to be going to Porto, but it's not that much of a deal really. The normal price is 10,000 points per night and, as someone mentioned a few posts ago, hotels in the center of Porto are not usually too expensive.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Isnt the promo supposed to start today? Looked at several hotels for May 24-27 and none have rooms for 5K.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:36 am

Programs: AA Аэрофлот UA LH AF AS SPG HH PC
Yes, todays the day. List has not been updated yet, but should in a couple of hours or more.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:56 am
Moderator: Budget Travel forum & Credit Card Programs, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA lifetime MM / *A Gold
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Isnt the promo supposed to start today? Looked at several hotels for May 24-27 and none have rooms for 5K.
Originally Posted by lesenok
Yes, todays the day. List has not been updated yet, but should in a couple of hours or more.
Yes, I too am refreshing

According to other posters should hit mid to late morning Central time.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 7:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by lesenok
The list has been updated right? Are they planning to add more hotels to the list?
Old Apr 24, 2017, 8:15 am

The list has been updated right? Are they planning to add more hotels to the list?
See my post directly above yours.
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:43 am

Programs: TK Elite+, *A Gold, ITA Executive, SkyTeam Elite Plus, HH Diamond, IHG Spire, Wyndham Diamond
And now for the waiting game...
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:50 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Just bagged CP Vilnius :-)
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:53 am

They're up!
Old Apr 24, 2017, 9:54 am

Are they planning to add more hotels to the list?
No, once the list is posted no more hotels will be added.

And hotels will disappear as rooms booked at 5K rate will exhaust inventory (and we don't know how many rooms are available for 5K). And no, they will not be put back into inventory if someone cancels 5K booking at 5K rate
Old Apr 24, 2017, 10:04 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
I got what I wanted. Actually double booked one of the rooms by accident as a result of aggressive panic-clicking when the page wouldn't refresh. Good thing these bookings are refundable...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.