Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extending Diamond status by purchasing Ambassador?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2021, 3:19 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by adobbing
Just read this;

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/ihg-...tus-extension/

Elite status extension

Last year, IHG announced that it would automatically extend all elite status levels through January 2022 — regardless of how many nights you completed in 2020. This was similar to Hilton and Hyatt’s previously announced moves and is slightly more generous than Marriott’s announcement. It even includes extensions for members who earned status via a status match.

This means elite members have a full additional year to enjoy benefits like complimentary room upgrades and late checkout. For Spire Elite members, this includes the choice benefit of 25,000 bonus points or gifting of Platinum Elite status to someone each year. InterContinental Royal Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members will maintain their memberships in the invite-only programmes.

checked my account, but no sign of any change to the status expiry date of 1/9/21

Anybody else any different?

Received this email on partner’s account, referring to extending points expiry.
Although no reference to Status expiry as she’s dropped down to club,
But no email for mine!

Has anybody received any Status extension, referred to in the article linked above?

My Spire Ambassador status still shows same expiry, but I now have the option to renew ambassador for points/ cash.

Just wondering whether to wait for an automatic extension rather than burn points unnecessarily!
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:22 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond

Received this email on partner’s account, referring to extending points expiry.
Although no reference to Status expiry as she’s dropped down to club,
But no email for mine!

Has anybody received any Status extension, referred to in the article linked above?

My Spire Ambassador status still shows same expiry, but I now have the option to renew ambassador for points/ cash.

Just wondering whether to wait for an automatic extension rather than burn points unnecessarily!
The September expiry will be your Ambassador Expiry, rather than your Spire Expiry.

I'm not sure in the web site where to see the Spire Expiry, but in the App, click on the 2021 Track To Elite Status, and see what it says
Old Jun 3, 2021, 8:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Originally Posted by perthite
The September expiry will be your Ambassador Expiry, rather than your Spire Expiry.

I'm not sure in the web site where to see the Spire Expiry, but in the App, click on the 2021 Track To Elite Status, and see what it says
Thanks

I can see where it is, I’m just wondering whether they will be offering a free status extension as per the article from “The Points Guy”
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
You’ve already had that extension of your Spire although it’s not easy to see.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:28 am

(posted in wrong thread)

Last edited by mster; Jun 3, 2021 at 10:00 am
Old Jun 3, 2021, 9:58 am

Programs: QF Gold, VA Plat, IHG Plat Amb, LCAH Gold, Hilton Diamond
Thanks

I can see where it is, I’m just wondering whether they will be offering a free status extension as per the article from “The Points Guy”
If your Spire expiry is 31 Dec 2021, that's close enough to Jan 2022.

Your Ambassador should have had a six month extension, when you renew that your spire date will likely extend to the end of 2022.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 10:56 am

I bought Ambassador last week, app shows Ambassador validity until 7/1/2022. When I click on "2021 activity" it shows Spire Elite expires at 12/31/2021. So apparently no Spire extension?
Old Jun 3, 2021, 11:10 am

Programs: IHG Diamond, Delta PM, Hilton Gold, Accor Gold, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by kumaranik
I bought Ambassador last week, app shows Ambassador validity until 7/1/2022. When I click on "2021 activity" it shows Spire Elite expires at 12/31/2021. So apparently no Spire extension?
Go into the app and click on ‘show member card’ and report back on what the date is on the virtual card.
Old Jun 3, 2021, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by beachmouse
Go into the app and click on ‘show member card’ and report back on what the date is on the virtual card.
It says Spire, and then Ambassador expiry July 2022. So not sure about the Spire status. Are you suggesting Spire gets extended to July 2022 as well?

Last edited by kumaranik; Jun 3, 2021 at 12:49 pm Reason: Added Image
Old Jun 4, 2021, 3:50 pm

I've just renewed my AMB and the Spire has immediately rolled from Dec 2021 to Dec 2022.
Old Jun 4, 2021, 10:52 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
It says Spire, and then Ambassador expiry July 2022. So not sure about the Spire status. Are you suggesting Spire gets extended to July 2022 as well?
That's the expiry date of your Ambassador membership. To view the expiry of your Spire élite membership, click your name at the upper right corner, then click "2021 Track to Elite Status," then go to the bottom of the page for "Elite Status Expiration." I would be interested to know if your Spire élite status is extended till 31DEC2022.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 1:13 am

Originally Posted by ernestnywang
That's the expiry date of your Ambassador membership. To view the expiry of your Spire élite membership, click your name at the upper right corner, then click "2021 Track to Elite Status," then go to the bottom of the page for "Elite Status Expiration." I would be interested to know if your Spire élite status is extended till 31DEC2022.
It has definitely not been extended for me I see "Elite Status expiration: 12/31/2021"
ernestnywang likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2021, 8:15 pm

Programs: IHGPlatinum, Marriott Silver
I renewed Ambassador in Feb 2021, and both Ambassador and Spire expiry went to Mar 31 2022. While booking a future trip I noticed my Ambassador expiry was still the same, but Spire got extended to Dec 31 2022!
Old Jun 5, 2021, 11:33 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
It has definitely not been extended for me I see "Elite Status expiration: 12/31/2021"
Originally Posted by AkWxMan
I renewed Ambassador in Feb 2021, and both Ambassador and Spire expiry went to Mar 31 2022. While booking a future trip I noticed my Ambassador expiry was still the same, but Spire got extended to Dec 31 2022!
Seems the consensus is that buying (joining) Ambassador won't help, but renewing will?
kumaranik likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2021, 12:52 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

So checked again and currently;

Ambassador expiry = 1/9/2021
Spire Elite expiry = 31/12/2021

Is there anything to be gained from renewing Ambassador now using points, or do I wait until end of August?

I assume from comments, that renewing ambassador will also still extend Spire Elite expiration, how long for?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.