Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extending Diamond status by purchasing Ambassador?

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2021, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by beachmouse
I've renewed in, like, November, October (slightly early to take advantage of a different promotion) and then April this year (free six month extension from the previous October pushed out renewal date) and the Spire membership expiration date has always synced up with Ambassador expiration date, so I'm now showing as Spire through May 1, 2022.
Really? My Platinum (not Spire) status never matched my Amabassador expiration date (which is 1 October). It has always expired on 31 December of each year. An most of those years, I never met the thresholds to qualify for Platinum status, BTW.
Old May 10, 2021, 11:56 am

Programs: UA Platinum, IHG Spire ambassador, Hilton gold, Bonvoy??? Platinum
I just renewed ambassador and spire is good through August 2022
Old May 12, 2021, 10:50 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold
Can somebody point me in the direction of how to renew ambassador, I remember doing it previously but it’s been a while!

I’ve been clicking around their website for about half an hour to no avail.
Seem to remember you could do it with points?
Old May 12, 2021, 11:12 am

Programs: UA Platinum, IHG Spire ambassador, Hilton gold, Bonvoy??? Platinum
On the APP, there should be a button to renew. It does not seem to appear until about 9-days before your expiration date.
Click on your account and page down to memberships.
Old May 12, 2021, 11:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by adobbing
Can somebody point me in the direction of how to renew ambassador, I remember doing it previously but it’s been a while!

I’ve been clicking around their website for about half an hour to no avail.
Seem to remember you could do it with points?
When logged into your account it's at the top left of the page under the 'redeem' button for points it will say

'Ambassador expires:
(date)
renew now'

then click on the 'renew now' orage link

And yes you can do it with cash or points
Old May 12, 2021, 11:34 am

Originally Posted by ymx
Has anybody signed up for or renewed their Ambassador mid-year and still received the Spire extension? I’m currently Spire and thinking about signing up now (due to the Ambassador promotion) for the automatic extension. But if the extension only works by signing up in December I’ll hold off to the end of the year.
I renewed Amb last month after receiving the ) month extension. My AMB now shows as expiring 1/7/22 (am assuming that’s 1st July) but Spire is expiring 31/12/22. So the AMB renewal has definitely extended Spire.
ernestnywang and mster like this.
Old May 12, 2021, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by loyaltylobby88
You shouldn’t be looking at that expiry date. You should look at your Spire Ambassador digital card expiry by simply tilting your phone to landscape mode.
The digital card date might not be accurate though. Mine shows Spire at the bottom left but with the expiry of my Ambassador rather than my Spire.
Old May 12, 2021, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
When logged into your account it's at the top left of the page under the 'redeem' button for points it will say

'Ambassador expires:
(date)
renew now'

It may only appear if you’re close to your expiry date. Fingers crossed it’ll show for you.
Old May 13, 2021, 10:09 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Am Elite, Best Western Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Radisson Rewards Gold

'Ambassador expires:
(date)
renew now'

Thanks have tried this on both IOS app and website and don’t an option to renew.
Says expires 1 September 2021
So maybe it will appear closer to that time?
Old May 13, 2021, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Yes Sept is too soon to renew.

If I remember correctly you can only renew two months 'early'.
Old May 13, 2021, 10:27 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Yes Sept is too soon to renew.

If I remember correctly you can only renew two months 'early'.
I’ll keep an eye open over the next couple of months.

How many points is it to renew?
Old May 13, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by adobbing
How many points is it to renew?
Old May 21, 2021, 6:33 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Just read this;

https://thepointsguy.co.uk/news/ihg-...tus-extension/

Elite status extension

Last year, IHG announced that it would automatically extend all elite status levels through January 2022 — regardless of how many nights you completed in 2020. This was similar to Hilton and Hyatt’s previously announced moves and is slightly more generous than Marriott’s announcement. It even includes extensions for members who earned status via a status match.

This means elite members have a full additional year to enjoy benefits like complimentary room upgrades and late checkout. For Spire Elite members, this includes the choice benefit of 25,000 bonus points or gifting of Platinum Elite status to someone each year. InterContinental Royal Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members will maintain their memberships in the invite-only programmes.

checked my account, but no sign of any change to the status expiry date of 1/9/21

Anybody else any different?
Old May 21, 2021, 7:00 am

Got my Spire Elite extended to 1/7/22 according to the app, when I renewed Ambassador last month. The Spire Elite was extended to 31/12/22. Got 25,000 points in March for Spire renewal but I seem to recall this was running late for most people.

If you are Ambassador as well as Spire Elite the two expiry dates are in different places. In the iOS app the Ambassador expiry is at the bottom of your account page which shows your Available Points at the top. You'll find the Spire Elite expiry by tapping '2021 Track to Elite Status' just underneath where your points are shown. It then shows on the next page.
ernestnywang, mster and Carel1 like this.

Last edited by colin_thames; May 21, 2021 at 7:16 am
Old May 21, 2021, 7:13 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by colin_thames
Got my Spire Elite extended to 1/7/22 according to the app, when I renewed Ambassador last month. I think the Spire Elite had been extended already. Got 25,000 points in March for Spire renewal but I seem to recall this was running late for most people.
The article makes it sound like they are extending automatically, by one year.
Not sure what impact this has if you’ve already, previously extended yourself.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.