Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 25, 2016, 7:43 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sdsearch
For newcomers to IHG promotions, note that Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn (including Holiday Inn Resorts) are two different brand categories for these things. If your dashboard says 'stay at a Holiday Inn Express' as one of the tasks and you stay at a Holiday Inn, it will NOT credit for the Holiday Inn Express task. (and vice versa)

At IHG, points + cash stays are simply points stays where you bought some of the points at the time of the reservation. Once you finish the reservation, a points + cash stay shows as a points stay. Thus points + cash stays only count for tasks where they are specified, and not other tasks.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate 2016 promotion (September to December 2016)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:00 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Cool

Originally Posted by kannon99
I got the same offer, still confused by what they mean by double points 30,000. If I stay two nights I will get 30,000 points?
I read it as meaning youll get double points Starting from your second stay up ton30000 points!?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:15 am

I'm a Spire Ambassador and I didn't partake in the last promotion as it was completely awful. I'll be able to complete every single offer except the "Stay In A Big City" with previously booked trips.

Total: 74,200
3,000 Stay Once Get 3,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 3,000 bonus points.

10,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 10,000 bonus points.

17,600 Authentic Experiences
Live the InterContinental® life when you stay at 3 InterContinental® hotel(s) and earn 17,600 bonus points.

4,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

3,600 Big City Bonus
Stay in 1 of 6 major markets: New York, Chicago, Washington, DC, Los Angeles, Houston, and Las Vegas and earn 3,600 bonus points.

8,000 Explore with Confidence
Stay in any country in Europe, Greater China (China Mainland, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan), Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa and earn 8,000 bonus points.

1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

21,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of the 7 offers and earn (an additional) 21,000 bonus points.

5,000 September Bonus Offer
Stay once in September and get 5,000 bonus points.

500 Registration Bonus
Register for Accelerate and earn 500 bonus points.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:14 am

Does anyone know whether the challenge below requires 3 stays at unique HIX properties or just 3 stays at any HIX property? In the past this type of challenge could've been completed with 3x stays at the same HIX property, but the terms on my challenge indicate that this may have changed.

"Stay Smart® by staying at 3 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 8,800 bonus points."

"Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays at different Holiday Inn Express® hotels worldwide have been consumed by the member between 6 September 2016 and 15 December 2016 (both dates inclusive)."
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:22 am

Originally Posted by darthbimmer
Aside from specific targets for Points & Cash bookings, all other bonuses require paid stays. P&C books as an award stay.
Last Time I booked an Award Night and got the 5000 Bonus Points for staying in June.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 2:58 am

Originally Posted by mster
Does anyone know whether the challenge below requires 3 stays at unique HIX properties or just 3 stays at any HIX property? In the past this type of challenge could've been completed with 3x stays at the same HIX property, but the terms on my challenge indicate that this may have changed.

"Stay Smart® by staying at 3 Holiday Inn Express® hotel(s) and earn 8,800 bonus points."

"Number of bonus points listed above will be awarded after required number of Qualifying Stays at different Holiday Inn Express® hotels worldwide have been consumed by the member between 6 September 2016 and 15 December 2016 (both dates inclusive)."
Need to be different properties.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 6:19 am

Just saw this:

31,200 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 brands and get 31,200 bonus points.

6,000 A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 6,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

If I stayed at 2 different properties for the weekend. Do you think that'll count?
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, Marriott Tit
Originally Posted by Steph58
12,000 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 6 night(s) and earn 12,000 bonus points.

1,000 Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 1,000 bonus points when you book 1 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We'll reward you with more bonus points when you use a combination of points and cash.
I have a similar offer. Will a Points and Cash "stay" count as a "stay" for the first task? Thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 8:57 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by kannon99
I got the same offer, still confused by what they mean by double points 30,000. If I stay two nights I will get 30,000 points?
same question
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:02 am

Originally Posted by StatusChallenged
same question
It means double points on each stay upto a maximum of 30k
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:10 am

Programs: AA, Hyatt, Marriott, Hilton
Originally Posted by chrism20
It means double points on each stay upto a maximum of 30k
thanks that was my thought. Looks like Ill just stay once in september.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 9:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by SFOTerry
I have a similar offer. Will a Points and Cash "stay" count as a "stay" for the first task? Thanks.
No, those 6 nights must be paid ones.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jix
I have the similar offer, but I'm wondering if the September bonus can be combined with the points and cash offer as a single stay?
In the IHG program, points and cash stays are simply points-only stays where you buy some of the points at the time of the reservation.

So ask yourself, would a points only stay qualify for the September bonus? If not, there's your answer for points and cash (since once you buy the points at booking time, it's simply a points-only reservation from that moment onward).

The only thing that qualifies for points and cash stays is if you get a task that requires a points and cash stay (which it sounds like you did). But that stay won't qualify for any of the other tasks.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 12:46 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Blue
IHG Accelerate Advice

Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I have just signed up for the new September Accelerate.

I have the following offers:

Stay Once Get 1,000
Book 2 stays via the app for 4800
Earn 3600 for booking a bonus points package
5000 for staying in September
Complete 4 of the 5 offer for 11000 points

I know I will be staying in a CP in November, what I am wondering if, if I find a cheap hotel to stay in in September in my own city, would it be worth while to help get the above points. If I completed all these I'd be looking at 25400 points.

New to this so any advise would be great!
Old Aug 20, 2016, 1:05 pm

Hard to get too specific because it doesn't look like you've posted the complete offer (bonus mentions 5 tasks, but you only have 4), but it appears you'd get only get 1000 points for the planned november stay, but get the whole 25,400 with any additional stay in September. So 24,400 points for one stay. You can buy points for ~.56 cents, so the absolute max 24,400 points is worth is $136.64. What they're actually worth to you, I can't say.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 4:29 pm

Originally Posted by richarda
Hello,

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this but I have just signed up for the new September Accelerate.

I have the following offers:

Stay Once Get 1,000
Book 2 stays via the app for 4800
Earn 3600 for booking a bonus points package
5000 for staying in September
Complete 4 of the 5 offer for 11000 points

I know I will be staying in a CP in November, what I am wondering if, if I find a cheap hotel to stay in in September in my own city, would it be worth while to help get the above points. If I completed all these I'd be looking at 25400 points.

New to this so any advise would be great!
Is the 5k in September one of your four of five? It's not for mine, it's a different colour and below my list of offers.

If it is it would get you everything mentioned there but as stets said it looks like there is something missing.

I'm also in Edinburgh, I think you might struggle to get something cheap enough in September to make it worthwhile though tbh as there are still so many tourists about in September. Even HIX Dunfermline's lowest rate is Ł51 which I've used for mattress runs in the past (normally at rates lower than that though).

If you can get a decent return from the 25,400 it's worth doing it.

The main accelerate thread is here, the mods will probably merge this one in at some point to keep everything together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.