IC Wellington Master Thread

Old Sep 18, 2017, 4:41 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Originally Posted by Dave Noble
The IHG terms now explicitly state that club access is not provided to ambassadors, so shoudl expect to not be receiving club access.
Yup, this year they contacted me after booking to make me aware of the change. Sucks, but at least they had the courtesy to let me know. Changed my booking to a club room and got club harbour view.

justakiwi
Old Dec 30, 2017, 5:39 pm

Programs: NZ
Hi there ... I am staying at the IC Wellington in January. As AMB I have already been upgraded to a King Deluxe Room, which I believe is one of the renovated rooms.

Just wondering if anyone knows if they offer an up-sell to a Club room with Club lounge access? If. so, how much was it?
Old Jan 7, 2018, 9:52 pm

Programs: SQ TPPS (21),QF G, NZ E, IHG D Amb, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, Shangri-La Jade, Accor Plat, Hertz P
Just checked out - usual very good treatment, but also discovered that valet parking is free for RAs.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by minz56
Hi there ... I am staying at the IC Wellington in January. As AMB I have already been upgraded to a King Deluxe Room, which I believe is one of the renovated rooms.

Just wondering if anyone knows if they offer an up-sell to a Club room with Club lounge access? If. so, how much was it?
They do offer upsells. 160 NZD/night from an award booking to a Club Room, with club lounge access.
Our stay was end of December 2017, upgrade was arranged by email prior to our stay.
Old Jan 14, 2018, 7:20 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
from memory valet parking is also free if you book club.
Old May 7, 2018, 7:24 pm

Programs: Eternal Search for LT Club
So I will book a night at this property for a stay later this year and even if I purchase AMB and redeem points for a Standard Room (can only book this with points) I would not get club access ?

If someone has an experience, I would love to know if occasion is taken into consideration at this property because I will be staying at this property during my honeymoon.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:40 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by rtgta
So I will book a night at this property for a stay later this year and even if I purchase AMB and redeem points for a Standard Room (can only book this with points) I would not get club access ?

If someone has an experience, I would love to know if occasion is taken into consideration at this property because I will be staying at this property during my honeymoon.
Yes, as a regular AMB you won't get club access from a standard room. I would book the room using points then contact the hotel explaining it is your honeymoon and ask what the options would be for getting club access. They will probably still charge you, but you never know until you ask!
Old Aug 24, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
Do they offer late check-out if only a Spire member and not an Ambassador?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:08 pm

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
Anyone with a recent stay here who can share their experience ? Is the lounge still as good as @markis10 review ?
I've booked two stays, one in King Club International Room for Christmas Eve and for New Years a choose a King Club International Harbour View in hopes of having a good view for the fireworks-display in the harbour.
I emailed with the hotel and they told me that unfortunately the view is blocked by another building so i shouldn't count on the best views. However I'm still considering staying there just because of having the Club lounge so I don't have to worry about going out to get any food those days since I'm guessing every place will either be super crowded or closed. These two nights will be my "treat yo self"-nights for my upcoming New Zealand trip which will mostly contain hostels and motels
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by xZ4sdDMlSu4aiq63
Anyone with a recent stay here who can share their experience ? Is the lounge still as good as @markis10 review ?

The lounge is a delight. Exceptional.

The rest is, well, ok.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The lounge is a delight. Exceptional.

The rest is, well, ok.
I guess then it’s good enough for me.
too bad the lounge closes at 7:30pm...
thank you for the reply !
Old Aug 26, 2019, 3:59 pm

Debating staying here (or Doubletree) next year. Rate is $150 at DT, or $150 here for basic room, or $270 for a club room. Is nearly double the price worth it for a club room? Figure I can have breakfast at the cafe across the street for cheap, and chances are I'll be out at dinner/drinking at night. Any thoughts for people who've stayed at the DT and both basic/club room? I'm plat, so hoping for a minor upgrade to non-basic room.

Is there a resort fee?
Old Aug 26, 2019, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit
Debating staying here (or Doubletree) next year. Rate is $150 at DT, or $150 here for basic room, or $270 for a club room. Is nearly double the price worth it for a club room? Figure I can have breakfast at the cafe across the street for cheap, and chances are I'll be out at dinner/drinking at night. Any thoughts for people who've stayed at the DT and both basic/club room? I'm plat, so hoping for a minor upgrade to non-basic room.

Is there a resort fee?
There are very few IC where lounge access is worth it in absolute, transactional, out of your own pocket terms. Especially for a lone traveller.

There are, of course, circumstances where that doesn't hold.

The lounge at the Wellington IC is exceptionally nice, but not a $150 supplement nice. Lovely as an RA perk though.
Old Aug 7, 2020, 6:16 pm

Programs: IHG Ambassador, Air NZ lowly Jade now, Emirates
Due to Covid, they have closed the lounge. Lazy. There are no active community transmission cases in NZ and in my mind at least, no good reason to keep it closed at this point in time. May have to try Sofitel instead.
Old Aug 9, 2020, 2:08 am
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Gold, VA Gold, IHG Spire, Accor Plat, Marriot Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Susiew237
Due to Covid, they have closed the lounge. Lazy. There are no active community transmission cases in NZ and in my mind at least, no good reason to keep it closed at this point in time. May have to try Sofitel instead.
Thats disappointing, I am guessing their occupancy is not at levels that make it worthwhile to open, cannot wait to be back there one day, could be a while....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.