Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHG Censoring Negative Reviews

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Never post, and never trust anywhere that censors reviews, other than for bad language and defamatory statements. Tripadvisor only for hotel reviews.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 6:56 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Not so sure about TA either for accuracy these days (at least for properties with fewer reviews, where it's easier to game the rating).

I actually find the Google reviews and ratings to be much nearer the mark. This might be because hotels don't seem to care about Google ratings in the same way they obsess over TA.
Old Feb 11, 2018, 6:48 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Austin180
It appears that IHG or the Crowne Plaza Beijing Wanfujing is censoring my factual (albeit negative review) of their property.

"First - This hotel actively engages in unwanted "dynamic currency conversion". When checking out I was presented with a credit card receipt (full page of text) and towards the bottom it referenced a specific USD amount...
The IC Beijing Sanlitan pulled the DCC hide-the-ball switch on me last November. Although, my stay was otherwise fine, I managed to get a "some good" and "some bad -- DCC specifically" past the IHC review censors. By the way, I eventually got the hotel to refund the DCC overcharge back to my credit card.

I have four nights in Beijing in March, and my business is going to Hilton (the Conrad specifically). If one does not care about price, the IC Sanlitan is actually much nicer (and very pricey), but I really cannot stand cheap dishonest tricks. (and IHG website insecurity, but that's just another reason to stay away)!

The reviews on IHG's website sound fake because of excess censoring. Surely no one relies on them!
Old Feb 12, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: PC Platinum, CC Gold Elite, VS Red
Originally Posted by Bowgie
The reviews on IHG's website sound fake because of excess censoring. Surely no one relies on them!
I'm sure casuals rely on them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.