FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   New RA qualifying criteria based on IC Revenue (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1772309-new-ra-qualifying-criteria-based-ic-revenue.html)

Land-of-Miles Feb 17, 2024 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 35991225)
last year they didn't renew my RA until Feb 22, and i had diamond, and they added a year of diamond to end of '25, as of Feb '23.

i usually reach out to Ambassador Services, but contacted Diamond line for first time, we discussed RA renewal, he said he'd reach out to that group, and i also earned diamond, and they did not extend to end of '26, but then went on to discuss the account, and he said he'd update to life status, . .

What is the criteria for this Lifetime Diamond?

nicolas75 Feb 17, 2024 6:01 am

Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles (Post 36006390)
What is the criteria for this Lifetime Diamond?

Rule #1: Being alive and Diamond. 😂😂

Pseudo Nim Feb 17, 2024 7:08 am

So IC ANA has simplified their upgrade chart by adding a few more categories and reclassifying some rooms. It is such a mess now that even the club people have no idea where you’re supposed to upgrade to now. Double upgrade means absolutely nothing anymore because they just classify rooms by floors - which they sorta did before - but they seem to have added some renovated floors now so you’re really NEVER getting a suite no matter what you book. Ahh good times.

HadesNL Feb 17, 2024 7:33 am

The criteria is having patience like a pious nun = Tim O'Brien 's dealings with IHG

Seek out this thread around DEC/JAN :
at 2023
at 2022
at 2021
at 2020
at 2019

Tim has usually the displeasure of being held longest in limbo,
even showing endurance dealing with IHG,
demonstrating relentless patience :)

His lifetime diamond is a merit award !
So hideous exclusive badge :)

HadesNL Feb 17, 2024 7:37 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 36006528)
but they seem to have added some renovated floors now so you’re really
NEVER getting a suite no matter what you book.
Ahh good times.

Are these good times at IC ANA Tokyo by any chances influenced by IC PL London?
Seeing how long this Mayfair collection renovations nonsense drags on ...
.. IC ANA Tokyo might have found a roll model to beter monetize their renovation strategy

HadesNL Feb 17, 2024 7:58 am

I'm due to checkout of IC Houston MC today,
So expect this midweek the sorted RA qualification data for 2024.
And ofcourse an update of the current situation at IC Houston MC
Spoiler

Pseudo Nim Feb 17, 2024 8:07 am

Originally Posted by HadesNL (Post 36006582)
Are these good times at IC ANA Tokyo by any chances influenced by IC PL London?
Seeing how long this Mayfair collection renovations nonsense drags on ...
.. IC ANA Tokyo might have found a roll model to beter monetize their renovation strategy

I dunno, could be the other way around - IC ANA started renovations way before Covid, and they were making a HUGE deal out of those "renovated" rooms back then, even though they're nothing too special (except the electrostatic bathroom glass, which is INCREDIBLY cool, I just love the technology - too bad it's not exactly fully opaque, so it's a little funny if you are travelling with someone). But it's been like 4 years now... so the first renovated rooms are kind of ... not so renovated anymore.

Amusingly, I also preferred the minibar in the non-renovated rooms, because it had actual burgundy - as opposed to the renovated rooms, which always had a rotating selection of bottom shelf $5 anonymous wines. Of course, this is no longer a problem...

HadesNL Feb 19, 2024 12:42 pm

The wiki has been updated with the 2024 statistics ....

Additional statistics can be found in the comments of LL:
https://loyaltylobby.com/2023/12/03/...4-share-yours/
The only other place on the interweb that has an interest in Royal Ambassador.

To circumvent our dear friends bloggers and AI chat GPT and not to forget that one has to do effort:
Spoiler:
Spoiler

helvetic Feb 26, 2024 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 35991225)
last year they didn't renew my RA until Feb 22, and i had diamond, and they added a year of diamond to end of '25, as of Feb '23.

i usually reach out to Ambassador Services, but contacted Diamond line for first time, we discussed RA renewal, he said he'd reach out to that group, and i also earned diamond, and they did not extend to end of '26, but then went on to discuss the account, and he said he'd update to life status, . .

I believe you mentioned at some point you had a contact to plead to? I think I will reach out regarding inner circle to discuss. Would you mind DMing me the contact if you could share?

Tim O'Brien Mar 20, 2024 2:32 am

Originally Posted by helvetic (Post 36033571)
I believe you mentioned at some point you had a contact to plead to? I think I will reach out regarding inner circle to discuss. Would you mind DMing me the contact if you could share?

I requested ambassador services to confirm my spend. Thy missed my December stays at the Barclay.

I have quite a few points, so I had used some in 2022, and 2023, my qualified spend was $16,344.

what was the consensus threshold?

I would be most interested to hear from anyone who spent less, and qualified, or requalified.

Pseudo Nim Mar 20, 2024 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 36094355)
services to confirm my spend. Thy missed my December stays at the Barclay.

I have quite a few points, so I had used some in 2022, and 2023, my qualified spend was $16,344.

what was the consensus threshold?

I would be most interested to hear from anyone who spent less, and qualified, or requalified.

It must be heavily market dependent. I know two cases that were at approx $9K, one got renewed on appeal, and one did not.

Tim O'Brien Mar 20, 2024 2:52 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim (Post 36094359)
It must be heavily market dependent. I know two cases that were at approx $9K, one got renewed on appeal, and one did not.

I'm on a cell phone and can't see the wiki. I'd be interested to see the numbers.

I had stays at 3 intercons, San Diego, the Willard, and Barclay and a Kimpton in New Orleans, they had confirmed in writing that Kimpton stays were included.

maybe I should message them on social media.

I've got an 8 night two suite stay in Dubai and Oman, Intercon, and Six Senses, next month, but not feeling the love.

my brother recently stayed at The Zighy Bay resort he said was exceptional. Extraordinary setting amongst arid coastal mountains, in a Private Pool Beachfront Villa

If IHG don't respond in the affirmative I think we may stay there, and the Burj in Dubai.

anyone know the effective way to reach out on social media?

ProjectSunburst Mar 21, 2024 8:52 am

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien (Post 36094382)
I had stays at 3 intercons, San Diego, the Willard, and Barclay and a Kimpton in New Orleans, they had confirmed in writing that Kimpton stays were included.

Tim O'Brien - was this recently that you were confirmed in writing that Kimpton stays were included? Would love to hear more info on this too, please. Also, who did you write to that confirmed this?

Tim O'Brien Mar 22, 2024 8:06 pm

The renewed my RA today, better late than never.

last year was late Feb, this year March 22!

I pushed hard, ambassador services missed my December dates at the Barclay.

I think had they included that, I would have been renewed.

in any case it was worth the multiple emails back and forth, in the end it was corp liaison that sealed the deal.

Tim O'Brien Apr 19, 2024 11:03 pm

Originally Posted by ProjectSunburst (Post 36097941)
Tim O'Brien - was this recently that you were confirmed in writing that Kimpton stays were included? Would love to hear more info on this too, please. Also, who did you write to that confirmed this?

it had been confirmed during '23 that they would include the other brands, Six Senses, Regent, and Kimpton.

notably, they stated that they would not been included in '24, but who really knows, they change policy pretty often.