Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IC The Barclay New York Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:33 am

Programs: BA Gold, Honors Gold
Originally Posted by davidw70
It is just to left of the main reception area. I ended up using the main reception when I last stayed as the line was quicker.
Same - when we checked in last Friday there were two or three groups waiting to use the Ambassador check-in but no line at the main desk.
Old Nov 12, 2019, 7:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mattyw
Same - when we checked in last Friday there were two or three groups waiting to use the Ambassador check-in but no line at the main desk.
Not to mention, the main desk is the first thing you see when you enter the door - if there is no line there, I would walk up to it reflexively. I would only use the ambassador desk for checking-in as a fallback in case there is a line at the main desk.

That being said, the Ambassador Desk is very helpful for accomodating requests during your stay.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 5:27 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
I’m Spire Ambassador and booked 3 nights in October on 40.000 points/night that I consider as good deal comparing to cash rates that are 300+ per night.

That will be my first stay in this hotel so I would like to know some details in advance:

- When paying with points do I still pay resort fee of 35 USD/night?

- What is the price for breakfast if not included? Any discount for Ambassadors?

- For how much I can buy club access? Any discount for Ambassadors?

- What is usual upgrade form standard room?

Thanks in advance!
Old Sep 27, 2021, 9:30 pm

Originally Posted by doktor24
I’m Spire Ambassador and booked 3 nights in October on 40.000 points/night that I consider as good deal comparing to cash rates that are 300+ per night.

That will be my first stay in this hotel so I would like to know some details in advance:

- When paying with points do I still pay resort fee of 35 USD/night?

- What is the price for breakfast if not included? Any discount for Ambassadors?

- For how much I can buy club access? Any discount for Ambassadors?

- What is usual upgrade form standard room?

Thanks in advance!
Did you end up stay there? Is the destination fee charged on award stays?
Old Sep 30, 2021, 4:14 am

I stayed this July combining Ambassador certificate for 2 nights and 3 point nights (40.000/night). Resort fee wasn't charge but I guess it's because there was no service - that time bar, Club and breakfast were still closed because of COVID measures.
I was upgraded to Premium room, don't know what is difference but overall I liked the hotel and room size and setting.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 5:33 am

I contacted the hotel and they said the destination fee will be charged for award nights.

Last edited by gbdbld; Sep 30, 2021 at 10:51 am
Old Sep 30, 2021, 5:44 am

Seems they returned F&B service so charging fee again. F&B credit is part of destination fee package. I don't know how many point is now per night but 40.000 that I paid in July found as good value for quality ratio. Large rooms for NYC standards!
Old Sep 30, 2021, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by doktor24
Seems they returned F&B service so charging fee again. F&B credit is part of destination fee package. I don't know how many point is now per night but 40.000 that I paid in July found as good value for quality ratio. Large rooms for NYC standards!
I found a night at 36k but cancelled my stay and booked at the HY36 midtown crown plaza instead since they don’t charge destination fee for award nights.
Old Sep 30, 2021, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by gbdbld
I found a night at 36k but cancelled my stay and booked at the HY36 midtown crown plaza instead since they don’t charge destination fee for award nights.
I agree and am probably doing the same. The resort fee is a killer for 2 nights. You also can usually get street parking near the HY36 CP.

Any street parking near the IC Barclay?
Old Feb 6, 2022, 11:57 am

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
Looking at IC Barclay for later in February.
What would a room upgrade be if I booked the "Barclay King"? About $35 more than standard room.
Seems Club Lounge is closed, and if there isn't a room type above it other than (not allowed for upgrade) suites, maybe I should go lower.
Platinum Ambassdor here.
Thanks!
Old May 27, 2022, 11:37 pm
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Diamond, IC Amb
Just checked in. First trip to this hotel and NYC since covid.

Booked three nights on points.

”Upgraded” (cough, cough) one level to a Deluxe King as a Diamond AMB.
Old May 30, 2022, 9:54 pm

Programs: DL PlatMM, BA and Alaska Emerald, HHonors DIA, Accor, Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Amb, UA Silver, AA
We did stay here for 3 nights in February. Happy with the hotel-- great lobby, and we had booked a breakfast included rate and that was excellent. Absolutely not worth the $50 buffet cost-- only about $25 per person when we booked it with the room.... but high quality ingredients.
Booked and received a Deluxe King. Next day asked why we didn't get an upgrade and was told we could move to a higher category room. It was nicer, but not amazing. Definitely would stay again if prices were reasonable (around $170+breakfast).
Old Jun 22, 2022, 6:04 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, AAdvantage Gold, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I stayed at the Hotel Lexington last weekend, which is caddy-corner from The Barclay. I got upgraded to a high floor with a balcony and was able to take some nice pictures.

The Barclay is more handsome from this angle, I think. I didn't know the rooftop patio existed - not sure if it was part of a suite or an event space.

Old Jun 22, 2022, 7:52 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
The rooftop patio is part of the Van Der Bilt suite.

(At least it was prepandemic)

Gloria would have approved !
Old Jun 23, 2022, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
The Harold S. Vanderbilt Penthouse is a 1,300 sq. ft. suite with private terrace, directly overlooking the Chrysler Building.
The living room space is wide open boasting floor-to-ceiling windows, inviting natural light to brighten the suite.
Indoor space that’s 2,700 sq. ft. big, boasting two rooms and one master bedroom equipped with a king bed as well as a second room with two double beds.

Pictures of the Suite
drod likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.