Wiki Posts
Search

IC Pattaya Resort (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2022, 6:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
Originally Posted by maverikbc
Great reviews, thanks, I'll come back to your site to read reviews of hotels in Thailand.

The translation said you redeemed 15k pts, the near the end you talked about promo prices in December and March. How did you pay for your stay? Maybe you booked with a promo rates, then paid 15k pts or 3k THB to upgrade to a club room? I booked for 15k pts for a night, but I couldn't choose anything other than a standard room, not a club room like in your review.

Like you, I'm diamond/spire, how likely that I'll get a free club access? I know it's become a part of milestone awards, but I've had good chance of getting it for free elsewhere, before that change. Looking forward to have free breakfast for diamonds, my first IHG except for HIE after the elite benefits change.

The res officer has reached out to me yesterday their with service status, and asking about room preference, possible early check-in. I replied saying I'll see what kind of free upgrade you can give me!

I don't think there's a separate thread for HIE Bangkok Sathorn, so I talk about it a little after reading your another great review. I got upgraded to in front of the building room, but that room got hot during the day with sun. Sun passes through north in Bangkok during northern summer, I didn't know! When I returned for my second time, I declined the free upgrade and stayed back of the building as I originally booked. It was facing a condo, so we may want to close curtain, but the sun didn't hit my room, so it worked out better for me. Salads and fruits are no longer individually wrapped this month, and it was really busy after 9 to close on Fridays and Saturdays, some people needed to sit in Coffee Club. I think it remains the cheapest IHG hotel in Bangkok, because it doesn't have a pool, which I don't mind at all for saving. I'll return. I would've stayed HIE Pattaya instead, it was cheaper but with pool, but their rates didn't go above USD 30 some days even flex, so they didn't qualify for status challenge. After my stays at Sathorn, my diamond has been extended from end of this year to end of next year.
This Years about Mar - May 2022 Intercontinental Pattaya Offer Complimentary breakfast up to 2 persons and Club Intercontinental access For Spire Elite Member and Spire Ambassador

and Upgrade 2 - 3 Step for Ambassador Member
Old Jul 1, 2022, 6:23 am

Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Best Western Diamond Selec
Originally Posted by taecu
This Years about Mar - May 2022 Intercontinental Pattaya Offer Complimentary breakfast up to 2 persons and Club Intercontinental access For Spire Elite Member and Spire Ambassador

and Upgrade 2 - 3 Step for Ambassador Member
I got a reply from the res officer, free early check-in and late check-out are confirmed, but no confirmation about free upgrade, just telling 'my room preference has been noted'. We'll see!
Old Jul 2, 2022, 3:07 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
A bit off-topic, but happy for suggestions: Will stay at the IC Pattaya in a couple of weeks and need a car/limousine transfer from Bangkok downtown and back to BKK after may stay. Can someone suggest a reliable company or does the IC Pattaya offer such a service?
Old Jul 2, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It was THB 8000 for a Mercedes S class each way when I did it back in February via the hotel. IC Bangkok also charged the same for Pattaya pick up.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:32 am

Programs: IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by maverikbc
I got a reply from the res officer, free early check-in and late check-out are confirmed, but no confirmation about free upgrade, just telling 'my room preference has been noted'. We'll see!
When are you going to stay?
I see there is paid upgrade to suite for reward night which cost 1000THB per night with club access. Quite attractive for me.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 11:21 pm

Programs: Life

shuttle timings
Staying here a night..reminds me of the Hilton Bali..not a big fan but the club looks promising, happy hours from 7-9, and high tea from 2.30-5? the shuttle bus runs every few hours from 11.
kevino and cln like this.
Old May 26, 2023, 5:32 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Has anyone used a suite upgrade certificate here. Wondering what suite they upgrade into is it just the jr suite or full suite?
Old May 26, 2023, 6:21 am

Programs: IHG Rewards
Originally Posted by kauppias
Has anyone used a suite upgrade certificate here. Wondering what suite they upgrade into is it just the jr suite or full suite?
jr suite, the cheapest one. But is getting full club benefit.
kauppias likes this.
Old May 26, 2023, 8:02 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by charliechan51
jr suite, the cheapest one. But is getting full club benefit.
yeah lounge access is allready included in my lounge pass, propably makes no difference if one is a ambassador with the suite night upgrades trying to decide if its worth it to stay there as the location is a bit out of the way 😀
Old May 27, 2023, 2:19 am

There are only Jr. Suites, i.e. no real suites, at this IC. Other than of course the 1 Bdrm and 2 Bdrm Pool Villa, which are on the exclusion list for upgrades.
Old May 27, 2023, 10:50 pm

Originally Posted by Viennafly
There are only Jr. Suites, i.e. no real suites, at this IC. Other than of course the 1 Bdrm and 2 Bdrm Pool Villa, which are on the exclusion list for upgrades.
Okay good to know 👍 I dont suppose any of the js suites are swim up rooms or pool access?

Ive allways stayed closer to the central festival area so Ive never visited the hotel
Old May 28, 2023, 5:30 am

Okay good to know 👍 I dont suppose any of the js suites are swim up rooms or pool access?
There are Junior Suite Pool Access Rooms, where you can access the pool/lagoon from the suites' terrace:
https://pattaya.intercontinental.com...ss-pool-access
kauppias likes this.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 1:54 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Limited availability. I just tried. I also tried to use the Ambassador weekend night... no go.
Old Jul 13, 2023, 2:26 pm

Programs: Cathay MPC, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Domestic Airline Nobody
Does someone know which are the Junior Suite Ocean View / Ocean Access rooms?

The pictures suggest P3 / P5 / P6 / P9?

Any tips on the better rooms?

Diamond Ambassador here... booked an "Ocean View" Jr. Suite based on the "guaranteed upgrade" to an Ocean Access. I'm dying as I watched the "Only X Rooms" available number continue to shrink... 30 days out. :-( My luck I'll get stuck with consolation points.

Old Jul 14, 2023, 11:19 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Spire Ambassdor
Junior Suite Ocean View

this's room will second floor of P5. same size

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.