Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport [SFO] (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2015, 7:03 pm

Crowne Plaza San Francisco Airport.

So this hotel requires its staying guests to pay $20 each night for parking (comparing to the free guest parking at Holiday Inn Express one block away). So is it possible to park my car across the street at Bayside Park parking lot overnight to avoid $20 parking charge at CP SFO?
Old Dec 27, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: AA EXP & 3MM, Priority Club Plat since 1984
Originally Posted by uclacolumbiaunc
So this hotel requires its staying guests to pay $20 each night for parking (comparing to the free guest parking at Holiday Inn Express one block away). So is it possible to park my car across the street at Bayside Park parking lot overnight to avoid $20 parking charge at CP SFO?
Just stayed in this run down over priced, surly staffed property this past week. I do not believe there is overnight parking in the park.
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
On a semi-related note, has anyone stayed at the HI Express SFO North property? More specifically, would anyone know when the first shuttle leaves the hotel for SFO in the morning?

ETA: called the hotel and they said that shuttles start at 04:00.

Originally Posted by Thumper
Just stayed in this run down over priced, surly staffed property this past week. I do not believe there is overnight parking in the park.
Precisely why I avoided this property. 'Tis an anecdote I've heard time and time again.

Last edited by brewdog11; Mar 1, 2016 at 4:03 pm Reason: Edit to add
Old Mar 1, 2016, 2:01 pm

Programs: HH Lifetime Diamond, 20 years
Ditto last two posts! Saturday night stay, the Club Floor Lounge coffee machine, bowl apples and bowl of cookies and water. Nothing in the morning.
Old Jun 8, 2018, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist,
CP SFO Upcoming stay

CP SFO

Anyone stayed at this property recently?
As a PLAT can I expect Upgrade?
Planning to stay there June 23, 18 for 2 nights.

Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2018, 11:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by siliconflyer
CP SFO

Thanks
WELL, it's usually the cheapest IHG hotel around the airport. Although it's definitely nothing special, I'm a fan: it's a walk away from the overpass to shops and the station, and on the other side there's a pleasant-ish walk along the bayside. You'll probably get upgraded to some rather nice refurbished rooms: if not, ask. Traffic can be noisy. I think the lounge-thing is closed, but you really won't be missing anything. Airport shuttle works well.
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:27 pm

Programs: UA Platinum; IHG Diamond Ambassador

I stated there last summer on points, no upgrade (spire Ambassador), was only there for one night to catch a flight the next morning so no big deal but FYI, that was my experience.

Originally Posted by siliconflyer
CP SFO

Thanks
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
WELL, it's usually the cheapest IHG hotel around the airport. Although it's definitely nothing special, I'm a fan: it's a walk away from the overpass to shops and the station, and on the other side there's a pleasant-ish walk along the bayside. You'll probably get upgraded to some rather nice refurbished rooms: if not, ask. Traffic can be noisy. I think the lounge-thing is closed, but you really won't be missing anything. Airport shuttle works well.
Thanks Ian. Yes the rates looks good- perhaps for a reason. I will try it out. BTW, did you use their parking?
Old Jun 9, 2018, 4:46 pm

Cool

Originally Posted by ARR72

I stated there last summer on points, no upgrade (spire Ambassador), was only there for one night to catch a flight the next morning so no big deal but FYI, that was my experience.

Cool. Guess no UG chance as Plat in that case.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 5:48 am

Programs: MR LT Titanium, IHG Plat.,UA Premier Silver, & PA/OH Turnpike Million Miler
I stayed their last Tuesday. No exec. lounge; however, they do leave some snacks (cookies, trail mix, and a granola bar) and two bottle waters in the exec. level rooms. Property is old and tired. WiFi was terrible and unreliable, fortunately a wired connection was also available. It worked but the Internet connectivity was still very slow. I didn't have a problem with road noise and slept fine. Bed was comfortable. Water pressure in the shower was also bad.

As others have noted above it is an easy walk to Broadway in Burlingame with lots of restaurant. We ate at Ristorante Rocca for dinner and had a very nice meal in a pleasant atmosphere. I highly recommend it. We also ate at Big Joe's Cafe for breakfast the next day and it is also very good.

Distilling it down, for a place to sleep near SFO at a lower price point, it is okay. As long as you understand the shortcomings, you should be fine.

--Jon

P.S. I tried the HIX San Francisco Airport South the next night. It is two blocks away from the CP. The rooms are slightly larger and the staff are friendly. They didn't do a good job of keeping the ice water and cookies restocked in the common area at night. Coffee was always available and hot. Internet was also slow and unreliable at this property though better than the CP. Shower was fine. This also felt like an old, tired property. I left for an early flight so didn't try the breakfast. During check-in, they did offer to give me a to go bag for breakfast when I inquired about a very early airport shuttle. That was nice but I declined since I prefer to just get food at the airport. I probably like the CP slightly better even though I experienced more issues during that stay. Not sure why.

Last edited by Jon Maiman; Jun 10, 2018 at 5:54 am
Old Dec 15, 2018, 8:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
I'm staying here right now.

As a Plat, got upgraded to the club floor and I'm up on the 9th floor (16th a few days ago at LAX with my keycard having to be used to access the floor).

Traffic noise, yes there is some but it's not putting me out sleep wise, but then again I was tired anyway. Rumbling more than anything but I suppose that if you notice it, you'll keep noticing it.

Seem to be facing the parking lot, freeway and some tall trees by the park on my right.

Loads of power points (plug and USB) next to the bed etc.

No idea if there's a club lounge as it, or breakfast, wasn't mentioned.
Offered a drink or 600 points at check-in. Points haven't appeared yet whereas very quick from a recent CP LAX stay (last HI never posted, usual HIX within seconds).
2 bottles of water, some Oreos (6 pack), bag of chocolate nut type things and a Nature Valley bar were in the room.

Fridge very handy.
Keurig coffee machine.
Beekman toiletries (shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, lotion, soap X2, soothing face wipe, dental kit, shower cap, vanity kit and shoe shine mitten thing).
Robe and slippers
Iron and ironing board.
Safe in closet - Added: might not actually be one?
No apparent water pressure issues as above.

Room numbers are hard to spot. They look like some 50s style Las Vegas motel ones that are small and blend into the walls.

Haven't really looked around the hotel.
Ok, as others have said, it's not spanking brand new and hi-tech, but it works for me for the night I'm staying near the airport.
It's far better equipped in the room than quite a few hotels I've stayed in (one reason I sometimes prefer a HIX over a HI, Hilton or whatever brand that lacks facilities but charges $$$$ for everything)

Got a swimming pool as well if you want that.

It's right next to the freeway so very handy for that and there's a bridge across the parking lot that takes you into Burlingame?
Nice paths and a trail up to Coyote Point, a marina (3-3.5miles? each way) etc. should you fancy a walk or run. Think you can go a lot further than that.

Shuttle bus from SFO had a bit of a wait compared to one or two others and is shared with one of the Hilton branded hotels I think.
Driver didn't leave his seat to help me with my luggage so I brought it onboard even though it says not to. Fine on the return to the airport.

Last edited by xenole; Dec 28, 2018 at 8:27 am
Old May 13, 2021, 7:43 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum
Haven't stayed here before, but came across this in a search:

AIRPORT SHUTTLE SERVICE ALERT: Effective May 17, 2021, shuttle service will become pay-per-ride and hours will be 4:00 am to 1:00 am.
(unable to post links yet, but it's on the main IHG page for the property)

Appears to be $10/person round-trip (that is from the home page on their "independent" SFOCP site) . First time running into a US IHG property with "airport" in the name that charges for an airport shuttle. I've seen airport properties that have suspended shuttles over the last year, and at least onee airport property that is opting not to offer a shuttle, though.
ARR72 likes this.
Old May 14, 2021, 4:34 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Interesting. We stayed night before a flight beginning of April and then at midnight on the return home. Rate was $75; t the only reason I chose this property was the fee for long-term parking was $10/night. I paid the initial park & fly rate (7 nights parking included) and then 20 nights @$10. Was told after midnight must call from the airport to request shuttle. Long-term parking is the only reason I'd stay here, besides the low price, the lot is easy and close to the front door. The room is okay for 8 hours of sleep. Be aware there are no food options here except for vending machine type food and no coffee at all in the lobby in the morning. It's bare bones. The morning of our departure to return home, I noticed the shuttle was very very crowded--jam packed. Sounds like they're trying to come up with more creative money making ideas. This is a place you want to get in and out of as fast as possible.
Old Jul 18, 2021, 7:24 am

Programs: LT Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hertz Prez Circle, United Platinum
They've added a new surprise fee. $5 each way to/from SFO for the shuttle.

Last edited by itsallgood; Jul 20, 2021 at 4:51 am
Old Jul 21, 2021, 12:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by itsallgood
They've added a new surprise fee. $5 each way to/from SFO for the shuttle.
What a joke. And they're actually selling a "Park Stay And Go" rate that doesn't even cover the shuttle fee.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.