Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Just Matched to HH Diamond Elite...Who Else Matches?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2016, 1:42 am

Originally Posted by buvan
No. You must submit your request by January 11, 2016.
True what you say but not true they are not accepting. I chanced my arm Saturday from IHG RA and by end of last night, I was an HH Diamond......done one night in 4 years at the waldorf! .... actually was a good stop in fairness.

And yes exp date in March 2017

Impressive response from Hilton folk.

So try the application. I emailed and they didn't flinch.....asked for proof etc but fair enough.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by Atacama40
True what you say but not true they are not accepting. I chanced my arm Saturday from IHG RA and by end of last night, I was an HH Diamond......done one night in 4 years at the waldorf! .... actually was a good stop in fairness.

And yes exp date in March 2017

Impressive response from Hilton folk.

So try the application. I emailed and they didn't flinch.....asked for proof etc but fair enough.
After a few no so good stays with my new red ultimate Spire Card elite card...

I did the same, got two emails back at first saying that they are no longer status matching and that it ended January.

I then tried the third time on February 15th (via email) and got Status matched to HH Diamond. I sent them My Spire Ambassador 365 Day Print out and then a nice congratiulations welcome to HH Diamond. Thru until February 2017.

Due to no IHG Weekend Cert , that I was going to use in Dubai (This is on my dollar/pound not company) have switched to the Hilton Dubai Creek from the Intercontinental.
Also switched Maurituis in March from the IC to Hilton for 2 days.

So Hiltons match got them a couple of stays prob worth only about Ł900 but at least some return...

To confirm the switch/status match was in February after the offer had expired.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 5:08 am

I emailed [email protected] with screen grab and got a response in about 2 hours welcoming me to diamond. Are you learning IHG? Just need to figure out a good way to keep diamond past Mar '17.
Old Feb 22, 2016, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by steve1975l
Just need to figure out a good way to keep diamond past Mar '17.
I have retained Platinum with IHG now, going to switch the stays for the remaining parts of this year to HIlton where I can..
Have decided that until IHG work out how they are going to recognise Spires more, not going to chase after the extra nights or points to hit the Spire and stay with Plat for next year.
I am only ambassador and not RA and never will be due to staying more HIX, HI than IC
So will look at switching the HIX, HI to Hamton, Garden etc see if can keep the Diamond...
Old Feb 22, 2016, 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by steve1975l
I emailed [email protected] with screen grab and got a response in about 2 hours welcoming me to diamond. Are you learning IHG? Just need to figure out a good way to keep diamond past Mar '17.
Also my experience.....very customer responsive.

I can't say as I needed or really wanted it but I was curious see if I would get it. I did and in that sense it was impressive c/s.

I've not really read much since and I doubt it will match the treatment I almost always get as an RA but it's nice to know there are alternatives.

But high marks to Hilton customer service and responsiveness. Now if they throw in a free minibar then there is valid competition
Old Feb 22, 2016, 10:55 pm

I got home to find a physical card from Hilton too only gripe was it didn't really saying anything about benefits of being a diamond. Now where is my physical IHG card...
Old Mar 7, 2016, 11:02 pm

HI !
Wrote to almost all of the Hotel Groups for a Stus Match towards my IHG Platinum. Only Hilton responded immediately. After the record of my stays of the last 365 days in IHG they gave me a Gold Status for a year. After what was written here, I expected Diamond, but nevertheless it is for free, so Gold is also not too bad.
Old Mar 8, 2016, 10:59 pm

I sent my IHG match to Hilton today. First response was "you need name, status and logo" (I think I left off the part of the page with the logo).

I did include my Hilton number, and played nice nice (it will be so nice to examine the benefits of diamond...)

I was already Gold, and mentioned that. On the second go round, I got approved for Diamond (through March 2017)
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Is hyatt still matching? Just got that card and would love to be diamond for the rest of the year to use with the 2 free nights
Old Mar 9, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
I didn't search but does IHG offers matching from HH?
I have already made Gold with IHG this year but would love to be Platinum.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.