Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2016, 10:22 am

Programs: AA, HH, SPG, UA
My mom had this posted in her IHG account. Does anyone know what its for? She did this promotion and got 1 no win (eiffel tower). She's still waiting for 18 plays to be posted

Other | Downward to Club| 0 pts.| 0 pts.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:17 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by express3
My mom had this posted in her IHG account. Does anyone know what its for? She did this promotion and got 1 no win (eiffel tower). She's still waiting for 18 plays to be posted

If i had to take a guess, it looks like she went from Gold to Club but i have no idea.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Emails back and forth, and 94 plays for me and my wife.

All 500s in that last round, except one goose egg.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:55 am
Community Director Emerita

My husband received 67 entries last night. We are both finished. He had 2x 5000, 2 x 2000, and 1 x 1000 for a total of 59,500. I entered earlier and received all my entries some weeks ago. I had a total of 51,500. Someone had conjectured that the higher point plays would be gone as this contest has gotten more entries than anticipated. Happily, my husband's experience would say that theory was inaccurate.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:59 am

I mailed in all my entries at the end of January/beginning of Feb. After a few weeks I emailed IHG and today I received the following email:

"Good Afternoon,

Thank you very much for your patience. You currently have 76 plays available. We are currently processing the remaining entries to get you to the maximum of 94. Please copy and paste the link below to access the game."

The game let me play the full 94 times today. 2 of my plays were non-winners.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:30 pm

Originally Posted by 0geek
I emailed IHG about my free night not showing in my account (I see the entry but it shows 0 available). Got a response saying that they could see the free night available on their end. It was awarded on Jan 11th, 2016 and expires April 11th, 2016. I replied to confirm that date. 3 month expiration date seems a bit crazy.
Got a reply about the date issue. Without prompting they extended my date to Dec 31st and now it actually shows on my account ^
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:50 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, JetBlue, Virgin America, Ultimate Rewards
UPDATE: HW mailed me back and told me they only received 12 entries from me.

I mailed all 94 entries together on 2/3. A month later, they supposedly only received 12.

Essentially they are blaming the post office for losing 87% of my entries!!!

This is absolutely ludicrous.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott, IHG, JetBlue, Virgin America, Ultimate Rewards
Originally Posted by bruceleeroy
Got a response from them after emailing them a few days ago. They said they only have 49 plays for me and nothing else to process. I'm missing 45 plays in total. All 94 entries were sent in on the same date 2/8. My GF who sent it in on 2/10 received 93/94.

I sent them back a reply asserting that it makes no sense that the USPS can lose 45 individual letters. I requested they escalate it and see if they can find my missing entries. Would making a big stink about it do anything in the end? If it was a few plays, I would be like whatever. But 45 missing plays is close to half. That's a lot.
I'm missing 82 plays... I sent them on 2/3.

I'm making a big deal about it.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:07 pm

Anyone have points posted to their IHG accounts after Feb 24??

I'm waiting on some points to post so I know exactly how many plays I'm missing.
I had a small subset of what I have won post on March 2.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:18 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Finally got all my credits to appear on my IHG account. Here was my breakdown:
500 x90
1000 x3
2000 x1
5000 x1
Yes, I know this adds up to 95 but I only sent in 94 to Helloworld, so I think my 95th is the one paid stay I had in the contest timeframe.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 11:55 pm

This is ridiculous. I sent 94 entries in over 6 weeks ago!! I have received ZERO emails with any link for me to even attempt re-playing to get the additional plays.

I emailed them 2 weeks ago with the 1-3 business day response and have gotten ZERO response. I just emailed them again, just copying and pasting my original email... which included my IHG Member #, in hopes that they just used the wrong email address.

I have NEVER had an issue with USPS not delivering mail from or to me. I used forever stamps on all envelopes. I'm certain that the USPS would have gotten all envelopes to the proper sorting office in that zip code, and that said sorting office and postman wouldn't have mis-delivered these envelopes with obvious address to a wrong address.

I copied and pasted Hello World's mailing address from their own Terms & Conditions onto all the labels, which I printed. I *did* register. I *did* handwrite my index cards with all information requested.

I am going to go apesh*t if they don't deliver something in the next 10 days.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador
I contacted Hello World about 3 missing entries and they got back to me saying that they had never received them.
I know 3 is no big deal compared to what so many people have not had acknowledged but I still wanted to see what they had to say.
I mailed 93 entries, all identical and all were mailed in batches of 15-20.
Mysteriously 3 are missing.
They acknowledged they had gotten 90 and I have already had the game plays and points added to my account.
Is anyone else that sent in quite a few entries missing just a few?
Old Mar 4, 2016, 2:01 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador

I also had this post to my account on 3/1 and I would not be downgraded because I have the IHG Credit card which gives me automatic Platinum.
My account still shows my status as Platinum Ambassador.
Any idea why this is notated on my account?

Last edited by Suite Disposition; Mar 4, 2016 at 2:51 am
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:19 am

Programs: Hhonors Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Suite Disposition
I contacted Hello World about 3 missing entries and they got back to me saying that they had never received them.
I know 3 is no big deal compared to what so many people have not had acknowledged but I still wanted to see what they had to say.
They acknowledged they had gotten 90 and I have already had the game plays and points added to my account.

My son had the same thing happen. His count and the one they acknowledged after numerous contacts was six less than the 94 he sent in. My guess is someone got desperate when this became overwhelming and discarded a batch. Still waiting on a reply for the daughter-in-law and her missing emails. What a mess this became at the end.
Old Mar 4, 2016, 9:24 am

Programs: Delta Gold, Alaska Gold 75K, LATAM Black
Originally Posted by kathiel
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suite Disposition

My son had the same thing happen. His count and the one they acknowledged after numerous contacts was six less than the 94 he sent in. My guess is someone got desperate when this became overwhelming and discarded a batch. Still waiting on a reply for the daughter-in-law and her missing emails. What a mess this became at the end.
Not sure what I did right but I sent in 94 entires a day before the deadline and received 94 entries a week later ! Good luck to all

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.