Old Nov 2, 2015, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Suite Disposition
ALL THE URLS AND LINKS IN YOUR EMAILS ARE THE SAME. IT IS NOT POSSIBLE TO "REPLAY" A GIVEN EMAIL.

Plays are linked to your IHG account number and your IHG link you receive in the email. The links contained are unique to each IHG account number and cannot be "shared".

If you didn't receive all your plays and think that HW might have gotten your email address incorrect, then simply click the link again in your email.

Their email is [email protected].

Quantity of emails received does not always equal quantity of plays available. Emails received does imply that you have plays available.

If you click on your email links and receive a screen with the below message then you do not have plays available.
We love your enthusiasm!
However, you do not have any instant win chances to use.
Complete a qualified stay before February 15 to earn another chance to win.

Prizes:
Chances of winning:
500 pts 1:1.18 or 84.75% (This does not mean you will be guaranteed 500 pts per play)
1000 Pts 1:14.29 or 6.7%
2000 Pts 1:28.57 or 3.5%
5000 Pts 1:42.86 or 2.33%
Other prizes or no prizes: depends on number of entries

5B Prizes= 1,000, 2000, 5,000, $50 GC & Free night

BE SURE TO REGISTER BEFORE SENDING IN ENTRIES!

Leave Surprises here:
500 points (x1098)
1000 points (x42)
2000 points (x26)
5000 points (x17)
$50 Prepaid MasterCard (x13)
1 free night at any IHG hotel (x6)
$2500 Gilt.com GC (x1)
Sony Package (x1)
No Win (x7)

Official Rules

Logistics of the Mail-In Option:
Index Cards Okay? YES (I used 3x5 blank index cards and they were accepted)
Lined Index Cards Okay? Yes, of course, enough with the index cards!
OK to mail cards not inside an envelope? Not according to the rules, which state they must be inside envelopes, one card per envelope

Need to write title before each line? NO

Need second phone number? NO

Middle name required? NO (Left mine out, still got emails. If it's part of your account info, maybe leave it.)

Printed Destination Address Okay? YES (I used printed a bunch of sticker labels and put them on envelopes, accepted)

Printed Return Address Okay? YES (I used an ink stamp)

No Return Address Okay? Yes

Envelope size? Doesn't seem to matter

Non-IHG MasterCard Okay? YES
Debit MasterCard Okay? YES (I used an Ally Bank issued Debit MasterCard)
Use somebody else's MasterCard first 6 digits? YES

There have been reports of mail-in entry emails being sent out on 12/4 and 12/11, and the emails came in rapid succession. This is indicative of HelloWorld batching these out.
Initially batches of emails sent out was on Fridays but as of of 1/6/16 appears to be Wednesdays
#1 Batch=12/4
#2 Batch= 12/11
#3 Batch= 12/18
#4 Batch(xmas)= 12/23
#5 Batch(New Years Day)=12/30
#6 Batch= 1/6
#7 Batch= 1/13
#8 Batch= 1/18-1/24 (emails appear to be arriving daily)
#9 Batch= 2/3-2/5

As of 1/5, points have been posting within a week(ish) of playing and getting confirmation that you've won points.

Points will be paid out without additional email

Some points have been distributed (probably in batches on either Monday or Tuesday)
Points Payout Batches:
#1 12/28 & 12/29--500 pts, 1000pts, 2,000 & 5,000pts (plays before 12/25)
#2 1/4 & 1/5 (plays 12/25-12/30?)
#3 1/11(free nights & pts) & 1/12 (plays from 12/31-1/8)
#4 1/15 (limited due to MLK holiday on 1/18) (for plays from until 1/14)
#5 1/19 (plays from 1/15 til?)
#6 1/29 (plays until 1/24)
#7 2/3 (plays until 1/29)
#8 2/5 (plays until 1/31?)

Has anyone received email with instructions on how to redeem prize? YES ($50 MC redemption instructions received 12/28)

--As of 1/19/16 10:00 am et(estimated) all plays were showing up as no wins. . The play site seems to be undergoing maintenance. Best not to use up the majority of your plays until things smooth out.

--As of 2:45 pm ET on 1/19 play site appears to be back up.

--as of 4:17pm ET on 1/19 500 point plays seems to be working again. No 5B prizes seem to be won at this time

--As of 6pm ET on 1/19 emails being received for wins during the morning hours of 1/19 where it stated no win after select elevator.

--As of 2:30pm EST on 1/20 still reports of nearly 100% 500 pt wins only. Best not to play alot of plays unless you only want 500 pt wins

--As of 8:00 pm EST on 1/20 multiple reports of 5B prizes being won again. Seems to be back to normal.

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/21 reports of $50, 2k, 5k, 1k pt wins (unsure of free night wins)

--As of 6:00 pm est on 1/22 everything seems to be working as usual(although very few mentions of free night)

--As of 2:00 pm EST on 1/25 seems like daily emails have been sent out since 1/18 until now.

--As of 6pm EST on 1/29 reports of emails being received from mailed in entries from around mid January. So turnaround for new mailings appear to be about 1 week.

--As of 5pm EST on 2/2 appears that emails have stopped arriving daily with many reporting last email received on 1/29.
Print Wikipost

Priceless Surprises Promotion

Old Jan 25, 2016, 2:19 am
Suspended

3x5 paper is fine.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 5:44 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by bitachu
we should be getting a very interesting day tomorrow when all the points will post from the "glitch" days and all those 500pt wins only...
Yes I am very anxious to see when my next set of points is going to post and also for how many plays. I have been keeping track (finally) of what poits i get and what posts (thanks to this thread)

Originally Posted by schilpa
Does it need to be written on index cards? Anyone know whether plain paper cut to 3x5 will work ?
Originally Posted by jsk1973
3x5 paper is fine.
My first 10 or 12 were on the yello paper note pads, the small ones, and i took that sheet and cut it in half, I seem to be getting plays, granted I am still missing about 15 -20 plays so maybe those didn't work! Lol but I really think that is fine because my second bulk of plays was mailed with b/f's and I've gotten play emails and he still doesn't even have one. I am expecting his this week hopefully.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by bitachu
"enthurisam" isn't considered a dud....a dud is when you dont have any prize...for whatever reason u get this message because you dont have plays available..regardless if you got emails for them or not.
Fair enough. I'm familiar enough with duds bc we certainly got caught up in that last week. But I was still surprised that two new emails were useless, mostly because there were several more unopened emails that were apparently useless as well. I mean one unopened email I could understand. It was just that I had so many that surprised me.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:42 am
Original Member

Got responses from our first ten each. Wife got 8@500 and 2@1000. I got 8@500 and 2@5000. They were sent early December
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:46 am

Has anyone noticed a difference between plays on mobile devices and on the computer? For some reason, I've gotten a few "no wins" on the mobile device (iPhone) with the Eiffel Tower in the background. I then went to the computer and received the "we love your enthusiasm" message. Do you think that a "no win" may just be a "no plays left" on mobile device? I thought it was determined the minimum win is a 500 point win and that the odds were 1:1.18 or something because the .18 represented the chance of winning a Group A or B prize.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:52 am

Programs: WN, AA, UA, DL, AC, CX, BA, AGR, IHG, HH, CC, UR, MR, TY
Originally Posted by RedElmo
Are we suppose to get an additional email stating how to claim the prizes we won?

I've gotten a few 500s, 2000, and a 5000 but haven not received any confirmation emails after the play...
The answer to your question is in the Wiki.

Originally Posted by stupidzbu
are there any data points for late registration? we sent out 94 entries for the wife and I decided to double check if she had registered for the promo (she didn't) and registered her today

hopefully she starts getting emails because it would suck if she got none because of that snafu!
From what I have read on this thread, 2-3 weeks of lapsed time between sending entries and registration has still resulted in plays/emails being generated.

Originally Posted by GoingGal
I received only one play yesterday and another today. Just played them both and got a $50 GC and a 2,000. I wish I had another to play but doubt my luck would have held out!
Congrats! I hope to be so fortunate. Given the number of players and entries, that's great luck on snagging the $50 GC.

Originally Posted by sendbillmoney
Mailed 94 entries on 1/2. Got 89 emails this afternoon. 84 were 500, three were 1000, two were 2000.
Thanks for the 1/2 data point. Although I understand HelloWorld's 3-4 week lag time in sending e-mails isn't an absolute certainty, we're inching closer to my send-in date. Very excited! =)
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:53 am

Originally Posted by googs185
Has anyone noticed a difference between plays on mobile devices and on the computer? For some reason, I've gotten a few "no wins" on the mobile device (iPhone) with the Eiffel Tower in the background. I then went to the computer and received the "we love your enthusiasm" message. Do you think that a "no win" may just be a "no plays left" on mobile device? I thought it was determined the minimum win is a 500 point win and that the odds were 1:1.18 or something because the .18 represented the chance of winning a Group A or B prize.
Doubtful, but you could test the theory by downloading a user agent switcher plugin for FF or Chrome, and change it to an iphone profile

Then, when you click on a link, makes the server hosting the page think that you're on a mobile device.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 6:59 am

I have to admit after reading a few things here about playing on your phone, I decided not to even try for fear of no wins.

I would certainly advise against it if at all possible.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:17 am

Originally Posted by miadukes
I have to admit after reading a few things here about playing on your phone, I decided not to even try for fear of no wins.

I've already done it 4 times and 3 were no wins. I'm definitely not using a mobile device again.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:23 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Delta Platinum Medallion, AAdvantage Platinum Pro
Originally Posted by miadukes

I do fear our speculation will amount to nothing.

In a small sample size (1), I used a mobile and got 500 points.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:24 am

Originally Posted by Miami305
I do fear our speculation will amount to nothing.

In a small sample size (1), I used a mobile and got 500 points.
yeah its all fun and speculations but really this whole game is so bizarre, there's nothing to do but speculate
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:27 am
rev

I've already done it 4 times and 3 were no wins. I'm definitely not using a mobile device again.
At first I was thinking there's so few no wins and so few data points on mobile devices how could we possibly determine that....but now that so many people are mentioning it, it really seems like its possible - and I didn't notice until now, but have another data point to support that.

I've had 19 plays so far and I'd say ~6 were on my phone. Of those 6, 2 were no wins. Hmmm....
Old Jan 25, 2016, 7:28 am
Suspended

To play devil's advocate, I've played at least half my entries on my mobile and never won less than 500 points.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 8:56 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Yesterday I received 65 emails from the first batch I mailed on 1/3. Played all of them in 3 separate sessions over the last 24 hours, and here are my results:
5000 x1
2000 x2
1000 x3
500 x59

I mailed my second batch of 29 on 1/16, so looks like I should get those next weekend.
Old Jan 25, 2016, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
seems prima facie, the early birds caught more worms. maybe they got a bigger response than anticipated.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.