Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
IHG Accelerate Fall / End of year promotion 2015

Stay dates 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015, inclusive.

Offer page: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/off...ffer/dashboard

FAQ:

Q: Is there any way to change to different offers?
A: No.

Q: Can the same stay count towards multiple offers?
A: Yes, as long as it meets the terms of the individual offers, it will count for all of them. The same stay can count towards staying once, staying more, staying at a brand, staying on a weekend, booking with the app, paying with the credit card, and so on.

Q: Really? Seems too easy.
A: Yes, really.

Q: Do Cash and Points rates count as qualifying stays/nights?
A: No. Neither do award nights.

Q: How long does it take for completed items to show on the dashboard?
A: Various posters say their activities took 1 to 14 days to show.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, can I stay at the same Holiday Inn more than once?
A: No, the stays must each be at different hotels to count separately.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, does Holiday Inn Express count as a Holiday Inn?
A: No, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Discover Our Brands" offer, can I count both Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn separately?
A: Yes, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Eat, Drink and Earn" offer, must the food and beverage spend amount be a single transaction?
A: No, you can spread the spend amount across multiple transactions and multiple stays, to achieve the required total.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is on September 1, will that count at all?
A: It appears that checkouts on September do not qualify.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is after September 1, will that count at all?
A: No, check in must be Sept 1 or later. For stays starting in August and ending September 2 or later, it appears the September 1st and onward nights do count (e.g. Aug xx to Sep 3 = 2 nights).

Q: Do I need to make my reservations after September 1?
A: No, you can book now, or use bookings from before the promo was announced, as long as the stays are consumed starting Sept 1.

Terms and Conditions (as of 8/24/15):
You must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in Accelerate ("Promotion"). Upon Registration, members will be presented with the opportunity to earn at least 50,000 bonus points upon completion of all offers presented. Members will be awarded bonus points listed for each individual Promotional offer ("Offer") after completing the requirements of each individual Offer. Each Offer must be completed between 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015 (both dates inclusive) ("Registration"). The bonus points earned through individual Offers can be used for redemption opportunities toward Reward Nights, merchandise and other redemption opportunities. See individual Offers for the specific terms and conditions per Offer type. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (Stay). A Stay constitutes a Qualifying Stay when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental, Crowne Plaza, Hotel Indigo, Holiday Inn, Holiday Inn Express, Staybridge Suites, Candlewood Suites, EVENor HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHGs sole discretion. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Each Promotion Offer of bonus points is available only once to each member. No retroactive bonus points will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for Promotion Offer bonus points to be credited after checkout .This Promotion is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Promotion is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a members account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer. Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the campaign promotional period.
NEW Member offer
Stay twice and get a Free Night.

Must be an IHG Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. Free Nights earned are applicable only to the room nights and privileges specifically provided by this Promotion and supporting Offers, at IHGs discretion, and are not comparable with IHG Rewards Club Reward Night (redeemed by points) or any other room nights. To be eligible for this Offer you must complete a Stay (as defined below), on two separate occasions, throughout the period of 1 September 2015 to 31 December 2015 (inclusive). Free Nights earned from any such Stay, must be redeemed by 31 December 2016. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (Stay). A Stay constitutes a Qualifying Stay when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Free Nights are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHGs sole discretion. Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable Free Nights. Free Nights can only be used in IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption of Free Night is subject to availability. The hotel room type provided by the hotels relating to this promotion shall be determined at IHGs discretion. Free Nights shall be redeemed on first-come and first-served basis. Redemptions must be made 24 hours in advance by logging in to the member account on www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Cancellation or changes must be made 48 hours prior to 6 P.M. of arrival date. Any changes or cancellation after that will be deemed to be a no show, and the Free Night credit will be removed from member's IHG Rewards Club account. Individual hotels cancellation policy applies to the use of the Free Night. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotels cancelation time period. Free Nights cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferrable in the system to other members and guests. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's Free Night reward or cancel a members account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate End of year promotion (2015)

Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:33 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
So people can access the dashboard? What does it mean if it's no longer listed on Offer Status page and when I manually go to the Accelerate page, it says, "There was a problem processing your request."

My wife completed her 2nd stay on Dec. 31 (checked in Dec. 30), so I'll wait another week before calling. I'm just worried because I can't do screenshots anymore.
still gaining access here:

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...r/registration

https://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/of...ffer/dashboard
Old Jan 7, 2016, 6:53 pm

Programs: UA Explorer card, AA Plat, Copa Plat, IHG Plat,
[QUOTE=Delectatio;25977736]You are totally correct, they are wrong.
Try and send a completely new email to [email protected] and hopefully the email will be read by someone that is a bit more competent.

I have sent numerous emails to [email protected] with no success at all. The responses are canned and I don't think they understand basic English very well
Old Jan 8, 2016, 2:26 am

[QUOTE=rrohio;25981360]
Originally Posted by Delectatio
You are totally correct, they are wrong.
Try and send a completely new email to [email protected] and hopefully the email will be read by someone that is a bit more competent.

I have sent numerous emails to [email protected] with no success at all. The responses are canned and I don't think they understand basic English very well
Skype them and insist on speaking with a supervisor or manager straightaway. Make sure you have the reference number to hand for the query from the email as that will speed things up.

Make sure you stress that it is totally unacceptable the responses thus far and that you should not need to phone for something as trivial.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:10 am

My dashboard finally updated, but one of the completed tasks still showed up as incomplete. I called in to try to get it straightened out. Interesting experience.... The customer service rep put me on hold to address with an "expert". The expert manually posted the last task and the achievement bonus for completing all tasks and the points went into my account. However the bonus points for the remaining tasks that were updated on the dashboard have still not hit my account. I also inquired about this which lead to another discussion with the "expert". I was then told the remaining points will post within a couple of weeks of my last stay that triggered the task completion (last stay was on December 26). I'm extremely doubtful that the points will automatically post, but I'll give it another week and call back. I will say the rep was pleasant and helpful. Just an IT mess it seems...
Old Jan 8, 2016, 7:50 pm

My dashboard is correct but I have not received the 20k 'achievement bonus' points for completing my 5 offers. Anyone get their points?
Old Jan 8, 2016, 11:54 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by bobby21
My dashboard is correct but I have not received the 20k 'achievement bonus' points for completing my 5 offers. Anyone get their points?
My dashboard updated about 2 weeks after my last stay (i.e. yesterday) including the achievement bonus. From experience with other point postings I would say it takes another 1-2 weeks before the points will appear in my account.

HTB.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 1:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
its been about 2 weeks now since i completed my last task but still no points in my account....i thought i would call to find out what's going on & the agent said that i have to wait for upto a month for the points to show up & if they don't show up at that point then i should call back....guess i'll wait another couple of weeks & then call again....
Old Jan 9, 2016, 8:39 am

Programs: Hiltonhonors gold, Priority Club platimum, Club Carlson gold, Marriott gold
Unhappy Completed Accelerate Promo

Completed my last stay on Dec. 4th for the Change your View protion of the promo. I needed to stay 2 stays at a Holiday Inn including HI resorts and HI Club Vacations. Although my second stay shows up as a qualified stay in my account activity it never showed on my dashboard. I have sent several e-mails but they never address that specific stay. They tell me I got My Achievement Bonus credit for completing 4 out of 5. I know this. I didn't get credit for completing 5 out of 5. Frustrated

Last edited by beggsmoore; Jan 9, 2016 at 8:45 am
Old Jan 9, 2016, 9:02 am

Programs: HH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, DL-DM, PnF Plat, Kroger +
Originally Posted by htb
My dashboard updated about 2 weeks after my last stay (i.e. yesterday) including the achievement bonus. From experience with other point postings I would say it takes another 1-2 weeks before the points will appear in my account.

HTB.
Same thing happened to me. It took almost 2 weeks for my points to appear on my dashboard. Then another extra week for my bonus points to appear on dashboard.
If this is how it's normally is with IGH, I'm going back to HH after this offer is over. What a headache.
Old Jan 9, 2016, 10:36 am

Programs: BA Silver
If the accelerate 2015 dashboard shows 1 free night earned, should the night be immediately redeemable? My partner's dashboard changed to show 1 night earned yesterday and she called to book today but they couldn't see any free nights on the account.

No free night is showing in her online account but I thought that was a general problem with everyone hence why she called to book. The operator said it will take 6-8 weeks to show in the account which is strange as you only get 60 days from the end of the promotion to make any inquiries as per the T&Cs, so presumably they can wash their hands of it if you did wait and it never appeared!
Old Jan 9, 2016, 4:45 pm

Programs: IHG Plat
2 of my offers were

5,000 September Bonus Play
Stay once in September and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms

5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.
First one shows completed since I stayed in september but for some reason the 2nd doesn't show completed...and i never got my 5000 points for the first one.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 1:27 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, Melia Silver, NH silver, H10 Class
Finally...after another email...my 2 free nights are posted. They just added the 2nd one manually.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:44 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Originally Posted by travelislife
Just call them. It is free using Skype. As soon as the computer answers just say operator. I had zero wait. Booking was done easily. Not sure what people's aversion to calling is.
Just called, spoke to someone with a slight Indian accent.

My last qualifying stay was December 31, 2015. Was told it may take 2-4 weeks for the "SYSTEM" to register the stays for the promotion and there was no way to "accelerate" the process or manually provide me with the free nights.

Is there a magic word I should have used to get a more favourable result?
Old Jan 11, 2016, 7:30 am
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
You'll have to wait a bit. I wouldn't bother to contact them before 21st.... From my experience it took between 2-3 weeks to get the free night / points credited
Old Jan 11, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by cln
You'll have to wait a bit. I wouldn't bother to contact them before 21st.... From my experience it took between 2-3 weeks to get the free night / points credited
Is this 2-3 weeks even after the "achievement" has hit the dashboard?

Also for those that have earned the free night, is it now bookable online again? If not just wondering how you know it is in your account.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.