Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
IHG Accelerate Fall / End of year promotion 2015

Stay dates 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015, inclusive.

Offer page: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/off...ffer/dashboard

FAQ:

Q: Is there any way to change to different offers?
A: No.

Q: Can the same stay count towards multiple offers?
A: Yes, as long as it meets the terms of the individual offers, it will count for all of them. The same stay can count towards staying once, staying more, staying at a brand, staying on a weekend, booking with the app, paying with the credit card, and so on.

Q: Really? Seems too easy.
A: Yes, really.

Q: Do Cash and Points rates count as qualifying stays/nights?
A: No. Neither do award nights.

Q: How long does it take for completed items to show on the dashboard?
A: Various posters say their activities took 1 to 14 days to show.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, can I stay at the same Holiday Inn more than once?
A: No, the stays must each be at different hotels to count separately.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, does Holiday Inn Express count as a Holiday Inn?
A: No, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Discover Our Brands" offer, can I count both Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn separately?
A: Yes, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Eat, Drink and Earn" offer, must the food and beverage spend amount be a single transaction?
A: No, you can spread the spend amount across multiple transactions and multiple stays, to achieve the required total.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is on September 1, will that count at all?
A: It appears that checkouts on September do not qualify.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is after September 1, will that count at all?
A: No, check in must be Sept 1 or later. For stays starting in August and ending September 2 or later, it appears the September 1st and onward nights do count (e.g. Aug xx to Sep 3 = 2 nights).

Q: Do I need to make my reservations after September 1?
A: No, you can book now, or use bookings from before the promo was announced, as long as the stays are consumed starting Sept 1.

Terms and Conditions (as of 8/24/15):
You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in “Accelerate” ("Promotion"). Upon Registration, members will be presented with the opportunity to earn at least 50,000 bonus points upon completion of all offers presented. Members will be awarded bonus points listed for each individual Promotional offer ("Offer") after completing the requirements of each individual Offer. Each Offer must be completed between 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015 (both dates inclusive) ("Registration"). The bonus points earned through individual Offers can be used for redemption opportunities toward Reward Nights, merchandise and other redemption opportunities. See individual Offers for the specific terms and conditions per Offer type. A Stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN®or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Each Promotion Offer of bonus points is available only once to each member. No retroactive bonus points will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for Promotion Offer bonus points to be credited after checkout .This Promotion is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Promotion is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer. Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the campaign promotional period.
NEW Member offer
Stay twice and get a Free Night.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. Free Nights earned are applicable only to the room nights and privileges specifically provided by this Promotion and supporting Offers, at IHG’s discretion, and are not comparable with IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night (redeemed by points) or any other room nights. To be eligible for this Offer you must complete a Stay (as defined below), on two separate occasions, throughout the period of 1 September 2015 to 31 December 2015 (inclusive). Free Nights earned from any such Stay, must be redeemed by 31 December 2016. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Free Nights are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable Free Nights. Free Nights can only be used in IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption of Free Night is subject to availability. The hotel room type provided by the hotels relating to this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion. Free Nights shall be redeemed on first-come and first-served basis. Redemptions must be made 24 hours in advance by logging in to the member account on www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Cancellation or changes must be made 48 hours prior to 6 P.M. of arrival date. Any changes or cancellation after that will be deemed to be a no show, and the Free Night credit will be removed from member's IHG Rewards Club account. Individual hotel’s cancellation policy applies to the use of the Free Night. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel’s cancelation time period. Free Nights cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferrable in the system to other members and guests. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's Free Night reward or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate End of year promotion (2015)

Old Sep 11, 2015, 1:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Travelomania
I only needed one confirmation for myself ... Thank you very much !
Then why did ask to "confirm again"? That wording suggested you'd already gotten at least one confirmation before!
Old Sep 11, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Check out Monday the 7th, points posted by yesterday, nothing on the offer page yet (this stay should give me 10.000 pts from 2 requirements)
Old Sep 11, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: DL DM; 2MM
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Then why did ask to "confirm again"? That wording suggested you'd already gotten at least one confirmation before!
Because I never asked prior for a confirmation, however this poster did so apparently on 8/29 - as was quoted in my OP ...
Sorry for the confusion about the word "again" - I should have re-phrased - mea culpa !
Old Sep 12, 2015, 3:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I have two questions that, having read the whole thread, have not so far been addressed. Firstly, to qualify for a booking made through the IHG app, does it have to be done on a mobile phone or can it work if completed using the IHG app on an iPad? It would be really good to have some data about this.

Secondly, I have a task of $90 spend on F&B, which is fair enough. Does this have to be completed in one go, during the same stay, or is it the cumulative value of F&B spend that will be taken into account over the promotion period?
Old Sep 12, 2015, 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by Concerto
I have two questions that, having read the whole thread, have not so far been addressed. Firstly, to qualify for a booking made through the IHG app, does it have to be done on a mobile phone or can it work if completed using the IHG app on an iPad? It would be really good to have some data about this.

Secondly, I have a task of $90 spend on F&B, which is fair enough. Does this have to be completed in one go, during the same stay, or is it the cumulative value of F&B spend that will be taken into account over the promotion period?
iPad worked fine last year for ITN with me. It can be downloaded from the App Store so it is an app.

The F&B is cumulative so a small amount every stay is fine.

Couple of things to note. When making a reservation online if you click the "Add breakfast for x £/$" this does NOT count towards the spend as this books a specific rate code that includes breakfast rather than it being a bolt on to the reservation.

Room service tray charges are NOT included in the cumulative spend, however the food and drinks purchased via room service DO count.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:35 pm

Does an award stay count as a stay for the promotion or does it need to be a paid stay? for example, the stay once get 5000 promotion requires one stay and I plan on using the chase free night @ IC miami

Side note, should I use the chase night for the IC miami in november or go with a paid stay @ 230? Free night expires in april
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
Does an award stay count as a stay for the promotion or does it need to be a paid stay? for example, the stay once get 5000 promotion requires one stay and I plan on using the chase free night @ IC miami

Side note, should I use the chase night for the IC miami in november or go with a paid stay @ 230? Free night expires in april
No, award stays (also including points and cash) are non-qualifying, and don't count towards the promo tasks (except ones that explicitly call for a points redemption, of course). You'll need a paid stay to meed the stay-once promo.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:36 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Check out Monday the 7th, points posted by yesterday, nothing on the offer page yet (this stay should give me 10.000 pts from 2 requirements)
I had a stay on 9/1, checkout 9/2. Nothing has posted to my Accelerate dashboard yet although I received the Spire Elite points in my account 5 days after the stay completed.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by CalItalian
I had a stay on 9/1, checkout 9/2. Nothing has posted to my Accelerate dashboard yet although I received the Spire Elite points in my account 5 days after the stay completed.
I got an email from IHG about it. They said 3 weeks to post from stay date. Hope that helps.
Old Sep 12, 2015, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by cln
i am pretty happy with my offer... i have no status but this promotion shifts at least 5 nights to IHG

Earn 63,600 total bonus points.

Complete all your offers to get 63,600 total bonus points
My Offers
Points Value Offer Description Status
1,000 Stay Once Get 1,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 1,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
9,200 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 9,200 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
20,800 Discover Our Brands
Stay at 3 number of brands and get 20,800 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
600 Eat, Drink and Earn
Spend $39 on food or beverages at IHG® hotels and earn 600 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
32,000 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of 4 offers and earn (an additional) 32,000 bonus points. Terms

Are IHG stays always posting so slow ?
Stays at other chains almost always post 1 day after the checkout...

I guess nobody has any activity posted in accelerate tracker ?
Usually 5 days after checkout for the stay to credit to your account and then a few more days for those to appear at the tracker, and if that completes a component, allow a week after that to see the bonus points in your account.
Old Sep 13, 2015, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by chrism20
iPad worked fine last year for ITN with me. It can be downloaded from the App Store so it is an app.

The F&B is cumulative so a small amount every stay is fine.

Couple of things to note. When making a reservation online if you click the "Add breakfast for x £/$" this does NOT count towards the spend as this books a specific rate code that includes breakfast rather than it being a bolt on to the reservation.

Room service tray charges are NOT included in the cumulative spend, however the food and drinks purchased via room service DO count.
Thanks very much, good to know. As always, I will post updates about successes and problems!
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:49 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Concerto

I had the spend task last time Jan-April 2015 version of this promo, alas for us$600 spend which meant real spend of $750 as Vat is excluded. I would click the terms link and read carefully

For that version in 1Q2015 the following spend was excluded
o vat
o service fees, tray charges
o all room service (annoying as on solo stays I habitually order room service food)
o mininbar charges
o spend in franchised restaurants on the premises even if charged to room
o Lounge upsell, as this is added to room rate
Old Sep 14, 2015, 5:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Seems like an awkward challenge to complete all in all, this Spend task. I am on the verge of not bothering at all with this promotion, due to practical reasons mainly. Plus, I don't think 50,000 points is worth the hassle involved. Because hassle it will be, like it always is.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 3:30 pm

Programs: AA, DL, UA
Originally Posted by VeryHumerus
I got an email from IHG about it. They said 3 weeks to post from stay date. Hope that helps.
Thanks. I also completed my two stays by 09/06 and had all the points posted. Still 0 nights showing up on the dashboard.
Old Sep 14, 2015, 8:04 pm

Programs: AA Gold; Marriott Lifetime Silver; IHG Plat Amb; Hilton Diamond
I haven't been staying at IHG much lately but am pretty pleased with my offer. Two CPs in London on 12/29 and 12/30 will get me 4 outta 5, which will net me about just over 43K points. Since I arrive at LHR around 10PM my first one will be there, and then the CP in Docklands will be home my second night. It will actually reimburse me for nearly half of my 3-nght stay at the HI Vauxhall the rest of my trip, so I can "top up" my account as the Brits say.

My Offers
Points Value Offer Description Status
5,000 Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
6,800 Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 5 night(s) and earn 6,800 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
9,600 You’re On Your Way
Get a great start by staying at 2 Crowne Plaza® hotel(s) and earn 9,600 bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
2,000 Earn More, Faster
Earn 2,000 bonus points when you book 1 Bonus Points Package stay(s) and get to your next reward faster. Terms
BOOK NOW
1,500 Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points. Terms
BOOK NOW
25,100 Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 4 of 5 offers and earn (an additional) 25,100 bonus points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.