Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:34 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Middle_Seat
IHG Accelerate Fall / End of year promotion 2015

Stay dates 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015, inclusive.

Offer page: http://www.ihg.com/content/us/en/off...ffer/dashboard

FAQ:

Q: Is there any way to change to different offers?
A: No.

Q: Can the same stay count towards multiple offers?
A: Yes, as long as it meets the terms of the individual offers, it will count for all of them. The same stay can count towards staying once, staying more, staying at a brand, staying on a weekend, booking with the app, paying with the credit card, and so on.

Q: Really? Seems too easy.
A: Yes, really.

Q: Do Cash and Points rates count as qualifying stays/nights?
A: No. Neither do award nights.

Q: How long does it take for completed items to show on the dashboard?
A: Various posters say their activities took 1 to 14 days to show.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, can I stay at the same Holiday Inn more than once?
A: No, the stays must each be at different hotels to count separately.

Q: For "Change Your View" offer, does Holiday Inn Express count as a Holiday Inn?
A: No, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Discover Our Brands" offer, can I count both Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn separately?
A: Yes, Holiday Inn Express and Holiday Inn are different brands.

Q: For "Eat, Drink and Earn" offer, must the food and beverage spend amount be a single transaction?
A: No, you can spread the spend amount across multiple transactions and multiple stays, to achieve the required total.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is on September 1, will that count at all?
A: It appears that checkouts on September do not qualify.

Q: If check in is in August, but check out is after September 1, will that count at all?
A: No, check in must be Sept 1 or later. For stays starting in August and ending September 2 or later, it appears the September 1st and onward nights do count (e.g. Aug xx to Sep 3 = 2 nights).

Q: Do I need to make my reservations after September 1?
A: No, you can book now, or use bookings from before the promo was announced, as long as the stays are consumed starting Sept 1.

Terms and Conditions (as of 8/24/15):
You must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in “Accelerate” ("Promotion"). Upon Registration, members will be presented with the opportunity to earn at least 50,000 bonus points upon completion of all offers presented. Members will be awarded bonus points listed for each individual Promotional offer ("Offer") after completing the requirements of each individual Offer. Each Offer must be completed between 1 September 2015 and 31 December 2015 (both dates inclusive) ("Registration"). The bonus points earned through individual Offers can be used for redemption opportunities toward Reward Nights, merchandise and other redemption opportunities. See individual Offers for the specific terms and conditions per Offer type. A Stay is defined per IHG® Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when member pays qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates at InterContinental®, Crowne Plaza®, Hotel Indigo®, Holiday Inn®, Holiday Inn Express®, Staybridge Suites®, Candlewood Suites®, EVEN®or HUALUXETM hotels worldwide. Bonus points are not issued for Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stays. “Non-Qualifying Room Rates” or “Non-Qualifying Stay” include the following: any stay at a Kimpton Hotel, net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Qualifying Stay will be awarded the applicable bonus points. Each Promotion Offer of bonus points is available only once to each member. No retroactive bonus points will be awarded for Stays prior to Registration. Except as otherwise stated in the terms and conditions, please allow up to 2 to 3 weeks for Promotion Offer bonus points to be credited after checkout .This Promotion is subject to standard IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions and earning structure, which can be obtained by visiting www.ihgrewardsclub.com. This exclusive Promotion is valid and applies to the original recipient only. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's bonus points or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Promotion is detected. IHG® Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer. Members must make any promotional inquiries by 60 days from the end of the campaign promotional period.
NEW Member offer
Stay twice and get a Free Night.

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register your member number in advance to participate in this Offer. Free Nights earned are applicable only to the room nights and privileges specifically provided by this Promotion and supporting Offers, at IHG’s discretion, and are not comparable with IHG® Rewards Club Reward Night (redeemed by points) or any other room nights. To be eligible for this Offer you must complete a Stay (as defined below), on two separate occasions, throughout the period of 1 September 2015 to 31 December 2015 (inclusive). Free Nights earned from any such Stay, must be redeemed by 31 December 2016. A Stay is defined per IHG Rewards Club Membership Terms and Conditions as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out (“Stay”). A Stay constitutes a “Qualifying Stay” when paying qualifying rates, which include most business and leisure rates. Free Nights are not issued for Stays at the following reduced room rates (Non-Qualifying Room Rates or Non-Qualifying Stay): net wholesale individual and group rate, certain package rates, employee discount rate, friends and family rate, crew rate, special discounted contract rates, seasonal worker/crew rate, 50% travel club discount rate, travel industry discount rate, distressed passenger rate, IHG® Rewards Club Reward Nights/Airline Hotel Reward rate, rates booked through third party web sites, complimentary hotel Stays and any other rates not defined as a Qualifying Room Rate at IHG’s sole discretion. Only one room per member per Stay will be awarded the applicable Free Nights. Free Nights can only be used in IHG hotels and may not be transferred. A Free Night is valid only for one standard room night rate and applicable taxes (not including breakfast). Redemption of Free Night is subject to availability. The hotel room type provided by the hotels relating to this promotion shall be determined at IHG’s discretion. Free Nights shall be redeemed on first-come and first-served basis. Redemptions must be made 24 hours in advance by logging in to the member account on www.ihgrewardsclub.com. Cancellation or changes must be made 48 hours prior to 6 P.M. of arrival date. Any changes or cancellation after that will be deemed to be a no show, and the Free Night credit will be removed from member's IHG Rewards Club account. Individual hotel’s cancellation policy applies to the use of the Free Night. Cancellation fees apply if cancellation is made outside of the hotel’s cancelation time period. Free Nights cannot be exchanged for cash and are not transferrable in the system to other members and guests. IHG reserves the right to remove a member's Free Night reward or cancel a member’s account if fraudulent use of the Offer is detected. IHG Rewards Club reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion/Offer at any time with or without notice. IHG reserves the right of final interpretation of this Offer.
Print Wikipost

IHG Accelerate End of year promotion (2015)

Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:22 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Order of stays

I can see how one has to complete stays IN ORDER with the Share Forever promo but what about the Accelerate promotion?

Yes, I suppose the very name of the promo denotes the idea, too, but maybe not?

My 4th stay offer will precede my plans for the first bonus stay offer.

Thoughts? TIA. 😊
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Hi guys,

apologies if this has been asked, but there is a lot of pages...

do the stays have to be booked through the buttons in the offer page? I have an upcoming stay next weekend, but I booked it before I got to the offer. (I am not sure if it was after the offer was made public, or before).

It would be a nice unexpected bonus of 10 000 points if the answer is yes, so I'd be a very happy camper.
And I guess qualifying stays on corporate rates count as well? That would make me be very receptive of an invite to stay for a longer time with one of our clients, normally I'd stay clear of longer trips, but 30 000 extra past 18th night is quite a nice bonus to consider.
no, existing bookings work. it's just your in/out dates that have to satisfy, i have always found as long as the in or out date happens within the promo time frame, they pay. Yes corp rates are OK.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by jjoaquin
Anyone know how to go about completing this offer? I don't have a corporate account and neither does my work..

5,600 Corporate Account Bonus
Stay 4 time(s) using your negotiated rate and earn 5,600 bonus points.
i got that offer, and called them explaining no corp rate, requesting they amend the offer, they said yes, but wait a week. Suggest you give them a call.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by jan_believes
I can see how one has to complete stays IN ORDER with the Share Forever promo but what about the Accelerate promotion?

Yes, I suppose the very name of the promo denotes the idea, too, but maybe not?

My 4th stay offer will precede my plans for the first bonus stay offer.

Thoughts? TIA. 😊
sequence makes no difference, do them in any order.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by SEAfarer
I know this is repetitive, but sometimes it's the simple stuff that gets past us. And this promo seems to be raising enough yawns (the glitches just haven't hit yet? Or, all has been worked out from before?) that I'm just not paying the usual attention to detail.

Can we confirm that we fulfill multiple offers in one stay? Or any gotchas in this? There's plenty of time for me to correct this, both before and later trips after October, so it's mostly educational, for me and any newbies just getting up to speed, as I was two years back.
Well, few glitches so far, mostly since the promo hasn't yet started. No one has yet had a qualifying night, so no one has yet had a night that failed to post. The initial offers that many folks got did count the offers wrong, e.g., complete 3 of 4 when only 3 offers were listed. So that counts as a glitch, I guess.

Similar past promos, you've always been able co have a single sty or night count towards multiple promos. And there's nothing in any of the small print to suggest this time will be any different.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:08 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
sequence makes no difference, do them in any order.
Terrific! Thanks much for the quick reply.

May I have a follow-up?

Can you overlap the example below?

1. Receive 5K points for a stay.

2. Use IHG MC to pay for a stay for 1500 points,

We sometimes use BOA TR CC for a stay so that regular CC spending can accumulate TR points and then redeem for travel expenses placed on the BOA CC. Can we earn the points from the example above with 1 and 2 at the same time with ONE stay?

Thanks again.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 6:34 pm

Originally Posted by Tim O'Brien
i got that offer, and called them explaining no corp rate, requesting they amend the offer, they said yes, but wait a week. Suggest you give them a call.
Did you call because you never use a corporate rate?
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:33 am

Originally Posted by jan_believes
Terrific! Thanks much for the quick reply.

May I have a follow-up?

Can you overlap the example below?

1. Receive 5K points for a stay.

2. Use IHG MC to pay for a stay for 1500 points,

We sometimes use BOA TR CC for a stay so that regular CC spending can accumulate TR points and then redeem for travel expenses placed on the BOA CC. Can we earn the points from the example above with 1 and 2 at the same time with ONE stay?

Thanks again.
Yes!
Old Aug 31, 2015, 1:54 am

Programs: IC Ambassador, IHG Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Miles & More FT
Originally Posted by chrism20
Out of curiosity how many nights have you had this year so far?

I have the same first two offers and then they start with 14 nights going up in increments of three for slightly less than you.

Mine is also pretty unrealistic and I'm trying to work out of there is any trend
I had 25 nights this year. I earned my status with points not nights. Seems they givu you task oposite of your usual travel habits.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 3:51 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum
Cool Just Dennis

Made advance reservation in August for stay in Sept using my Rewards Club Visa which constitute 2 of my 5 offers.
Realise my stay will count but as payment already taken from my card I am wondering if this will also qualify.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG Spire, National Exec Elite, Hilton Gold
I'm currently Spire - prior to starting the promo I have 35 nights (15 reward) on the year and 81,000 EQPs.

------------------------------------------

Earn 51,100 total bonus points.

5,000 - Stay Once Get 5,000
Thank you for being a loyal IHG® Rewards Club member. Stay once and earn 5,000 bonus points.

22,000 - Stay More, Earn More
Get closer to the rewards you want when you stay 17 night(s) and earn 22,000 bonus points.

4,000 - Stay a Little Longer
Earn 4,000 bonus points when you book a single stay of four or more consecutive nights.

4,000 - A Bonus Weekend Stay
Stay with us for the weekend and earn 4,000 bonus points. A Friday and Saturday or Saturday and Sunday night stay required.

3,600 - Stay for Less and Earn
Earn 3,600 bonus points when you book 3 stay(s) using Points and Cash. We’ll reward you with more Bonus Points when you use a combination of points and cash.

1,500 - Spend on your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card
Book and pay for one stay with your IHG® Rewards Club Credit Card and earn bonus points.

1,000 - Earn When You Redeem
You've earned your points, now use them how you want. Redeem your points for anything from a digital download to a Reward Night and you’ll earn 1,000 bonus points.

10,000 - Your Achievement Bonus
Complete 6 of 7 offers and earn (an additional) 10,000 bonus points.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by doktor24
I had 25 nights this year. I earned my status with points not nights. Seems they givu you task oposite of your usual travel habits.
That is pretty much the same as me. I've had eight nights during August which took me to thirty five.

Qualified for plat last year through points and nights but Spire has been on points.

So yes, it looks like you are pretty much spot on - the complete opposite of your habits.
Old Aug 31, 2015, 8:11 pm

My offers are based on my stays but unfortunately I only holiday in June/July school holidays so no way I will acheive any of the upcoming tasks.

The only one I could have was to renew my Ambassador membership for 5000 points but I had done so 2 weeks earlier.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 1:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Flying Blue (KLM) Platinum, Oneworld (BA) Sapphire, *A (Aegean) Gold, IHG Spire RA,
I'll be on my first stay starting tonight in the promo timing. Lets hope IHG IT is ready for our stays
Old Sep 1, 2015, 4:56 am

New here,

Found this thread on smart travel.

Just registered for IHG rewards.

I'm planning a trip to Miami Florida for 4 nights. Been hearing about the stay 2 nights get a free night but haven't really seen it anywhere besides the replies.

Just wondering if I book the two nights, how long will it take to received that free night or points.

Also would you recommend using cash back website on top of this promotion. I was think h of using Mr.rebates or topcashback

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.