10% Points Rebate with (legacy) credit cards

Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
That was a good break down, but I think with the OP wants to know is whether they get the full 10% on the full points "rate" or the "discounted" number: 35K vs. 25K plus cash (as an example)? In that case, it'd be the full 3500 points.
Since all that's there at the end of reservation process is the full points rate, and the 10% rebate is applied after that stay (at which point no record seems to exist of the "discounted" number any more), I don't see how it could be based on anything but the full points rate. It would seem to require herculean efforts to figure out what the "discounted" number was at the point, since it's not put it into the reservation.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 7:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Another data point on the randomness of the posting dates:

Check out 5/28, rebate points posted 6/11 (14 days).
Check out 6/03, rebate points posted 7/03 (30 days).
Old Jul 5, 2018, 9:47 am

Originally Posted by swag
Another data point on the randomness of the posting dates:

Check out 5/28, rebate points posted 6/11 (14 days).
Check out 6/03, rebate points posted 7/03 (30 days).
Do you also have one of the new cards that were introduced in April? If so, when did you get it? Just wondering, I think we were still waiting to hear of the first DP of someone who has both the Select (legacy) card and one of the new cards still receiving the 10% points rebate after a reward stay.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Originally Posted by Dadofsix

Do you also have one of the new cards that were introduced in April?
No I don't, sorry.
Old Jul 8, 2018, 10:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Spire Amb, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Dadofsix

Do you also have one of the new cards that were introduced in April? If so, when did you get it? Just wondering, I think we were still waiting to hear of the first DP of someone who has both the Select (legacy) card and one of the new cards still receiving the 10% points rebate after a reward stay.

I am keeping the old card for the 10% rebate, plus I have the new card that gives 10X points on IHG spend. I can confirm that I am still receiving the point rebates, as I just got some points back from a June stay a few days ago (7/3) and got the new card in late Apr or early May.
thealphalion likes this.

Last edited by madipides; Jul 8, 2018 at 10:28 pm Reason: omitted a detail
Old Jul 9, 2018, 12:58 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
We are also waiting to see if we get the 10% back on the 4th night free.
Anyone?
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:25 pm

Originally Posted by madipides

I am keeping the old card for the 10% rebate, plus I have the new card that gives 10X points on IHG spend. I can confirm that I am still receiving the point rebates, as I just got some points back from a June stay a few days ago (7/3) and got the new card in late Apr or early May.
Thanks for sharing your DP, thats great news.
Old Jul 9, 2018, 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by rebadc
We are also waiting to see if we get the 10% back on the 4th night free.
Anyone?
Do you mean 10% points rebate on the 4th (free) night only, or for the entire 4+ night stay? I think it would have to be 10% based on the total number of points redeemed for the reservation, but I will let others confirm. I wouldnt expect any rebate specifically for the 4th, 8th, etc. night- as 10% of zero points is zero points.
Old Sep 16, 2018, 9:31 am

Question...does anyone know what would happen in this scenario?

Hold IHG card that gives 10% back on points
Have regular Ambassador in 2018 without extra rebate bonus on point use
Book 140k worth of stays in 2018 for 2019 date that is in 2019 Ambassador year\
When renewal time for 2019 Ambassador year comes, pay for Ambassador version that has 10% rebate on points

Will the stays rebate 20% when they post in 2019 even though the booking was made in 2018, but the actual stay and credit card rebate will not trigger until the 2019 year?
Old May 25, 2019, 6:07 pm

Another data point. I stayed in late February and my 10% rebate credited on April 16.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 11:23 am

No Points Rebate for Chase Premier Card

Originally Posted by ArlingtonTraveler
Another data point. I stayed in late February and my 10% rebate credited on April 16.
Did you have the legacy card as your payment method in your IHG account?

Per the benefits section for the premier card, points redemption rebates is not listed. Chase CSR said the same thing - no points rebates - when I called. That is still a part of the benefits listed on the legacy card, though. Unfortunately, I didn't change my "payment method" in the personal section of my account from the premier card to the legacy card before I redeemed 75K points in July.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:21 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by bmholmes
Did you have the legacy card as your payment method in your IHG account?
The Select card does not need to be listed as the payment method for the 10% points rebate; merely holding the card is sufficient. If you hold the Select card and did not get the 10% points rebate, you should call IHG.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 2:37 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA 1K 1MM (finally!), IHG AMB-Spire, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by serpens
The Select card does not need to be listed as the payment method for the 10% points rebate; merely holding the card is sufficient. If you hold the Select card and did not get the 10% points rebate, you should call IHG.
I can confirm this as well.

What I havent tested yet is whether the 4th night Free (with Premier card) stacks with the 10% rebate from legacy Select card.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by uastarflyer

What I havent tested yet is whether the 4th night Free (with Premier card) stacks with the 10% rebate from legacy Select card.
We have reports that it does.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 12:45 pm

Thank you, serpens and uastarflyer! For sure, I'll contact IHG after 6 weeks, if I don't get them automatically..

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.