Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 5, 2015, 12:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: scubaccr
List of properties that have (or have not) recognised Spire. AND Provided Spire 'Specific' Benefit.

I suggest listing country, brand, property, how you were recognised (Club/not at all etc) and the month you stayed that way if anyone stays after that date we can have an update on whether things have changed.

Or if anyone can think of a better solution feel free to change it.

INDIA
CP JAIPUR - Suite upgrade, club access, happy hour with free snacks, Spire Elite label placed on your table for better treatment - Sep 2016

INDONESIA
IC Bali - local gift at check-in, room upgrade, free breakfast - Jan 2016

JAPAN

IC Tokyo Bay, not recognised at all, August 2015

NETHERLANDS
CP Amsterdam South - Spires Amenity choice now 'Lounge/Drink/600pts' on both paid+Award nights.
(On paid nights at checkin likely to be offered Junior Suite upgrade too if room is free, but not offered on awards.)

UNITED KINGDOM

CP London Heathrow. Free breakfast only. Offered discounted cash payment of 24 GBP pp for lounge access June 2016
Indigo Paddington, no recognisition. September 2015 (this hotel now gives good upgrades to Spire even when checking in late)
Indigo Kensington/Earls Court - apparently recognised. Got nothing not even Welcome Amenity, October 2015
HI Haydock M6 - J23, recognised as club. September 2015
HI London Gatwick Worth, Recognised as Club, September 2015
HI Express Birmingham NEC recognised as "basic member" August 2015
HIX Birmingham Star City, no recognition or amenity - January 2016
HIX Hamilton, recognised as club Aug 2015, recog. Spire Aug 2016
HI Birmingham M6, recognised as club Sept 2015 & Oct 2015, recognised as Spire January 2016
HIX Leigh Sports Village, recognised as club Sept 2015
HI Portsmouth, recognised as Club 22/October/2015
HI Leeds - Wakefield, recognised as club 19th December 2015
HI Luton Airport Recognised as Club 18th March 2016
HI Norwich Airport Me Recognised as Platinum June 3rd 2016
HI Norwich Airport MrsB Recognisd as Club June 3rd 2016.

USA

HI Express, Chicago, IL, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), October/2015. No benefits

THAILAND

HI Pattaya, Thailand, recognized at Platinum (not Spire), November/2105. August 2016, recognized as Spire, upgrade to Ocean View Suite but no benefits

CHINA

CP Guangzhou Haidu letter recognising as a Spire but no benefits additional to Golds. No room upgrade
CP Qingdao No letter, no recognition nothing
Print Wikipost

Discussion about new top tier: Spire

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2020, 8:15 am

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by Retron
It's four, as spire came in during 2017. From my "IHG Rewards Club Spire Elite Benefits" page:

Thanks! You selected 25,000 IHG Rewards Club points for your account on 26/08/2017
Thanks! You selected 25,000 IHG Rewards Club points for your account on 12/06/2018
Thanks! You selected 25,000 IHG Rewards Club points for your account on 01/10/2019

It's disheartening though that some IHG staff don't seem to know how it works - it's always been the case that you get the points/platinum choice as soon as the 75th night or 75000th qualifying point posts.
So far, I have been Spire member since they started the program. My IHG page shows as follows:

Thanks! You selected 25,000 IHG Rewards Club points for your account on 07/05/2019
Thanks! You selected 25,000 IHG Rewards Club points for your account on 27/05/2019

They keep insisting (after at least more than 5 emails and a webchat) that the 7 May 2019 was for Y2018 and 27 May 2019 was for Y2019.

From my computation, I definitely have not hit 75K mark in May 2019 but only in Aug 2019.

I have asked for a detailed breakdown of the elite points earned for the year by hotel to match against my records but they chose to ignore them and as a broken record said that I have already redeemed the 25K Spire Choice Award. I really have no other way out with them.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 4:37 pm

Programs: IHG Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, oneworld Emerald
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
The brand "rules" are that where lounges exist, a Spire member should not be given access.
There is no such rule for any brand aside of IC. While Club access is not listed benefit of Spire, it is nowhere excluded in T&C. While should imply that Club should be given at least as long as Exec level upgrade is given. In reality, some properties deny it – though IMO it is a violation.
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by barracuda93
While Club access is not listed benefit of Spire, it is nowhere excluded in T&C. While should imply that Club should be given at least as long as Exec level upgrade is given. In reality, some properties deny it – though IMO it is a violation.
Wishful thinking. But dream on 😁
Old Mar 10, 2020, 11:50 pm

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Wishful thinking. But dream on 😁
Last time I read through T&C, there was no exclusion of Club listed outside of IC brand. Can you point to such, if you believe/know that it exists?
Old Mar 11, 2020, 12:23 pm
Suspended

Last time I read through T&C, there was no exclusion of Club listed outside of IC brand. Can you point to such, if you believe/know that it exists?
You may have a point there. BUT: How many non IC, non CP hotels got a club? I frequently get complimentary club access at CP's. But, despite thinking hard about it, I can't remember I ever got club access as a benefit outside CP (ignoring singular pseudo clubs at HI/HIEX).
Old Mar 11, 2020, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't read T&C

But if the lounge-equipped CPs and Holiday Inns I visit believe, or claim, it is against brand standards to offer me access to their lounges, it's good enough for me.

It's certainly nice when hotels do it: the latest to regret that IHG rules do not allow it was the new(ish) CP in Doha. It joins the slightly drab older CP there, the city's Holiday Inn and all their sister properties in the region.

OK, they called my room and said they'd changed their mind and i could use the lounge for the evening cocktails, but STRICTLY AS A ONE OFF.

It certainly will be a one-off: the city offers better value propositions.

================

I mean, I really do get your point. Though programme should give breakfast and/or lounge to their most frequent guests. Placing a flag on the reception counter during check-in and giving me a room maybe on a higher floor doesn't make me feel valued or special. Indeed, the red/gol. flag thing is weird and embarrassing

Last edited by IAN-UK; Mar 11, 2020 at 10:40 pm
Old Mar 12, 2020, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Stuttgart21
You may have a point there. BUT: How many non IC, non CP hotels got a club? I frequently get complimentary club access at CP's. But, despite thinking hard about it, I can't remember I ever got club access as a benefit outside CP (ignoring singular pseudo clubs at HI/HIEX).
Some HIs do have Club, and occasionally it can be really nice, as in HI Gajah Mada in Jakarta or HI Pattaya in Thailand. HI Kuala Lumpur also has the Club, but not great overall, though food is still quite solid.
Old Mar 15, 2020, 9:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some HIs do have Club, and occasionally it can be really nice, as in HI Gajah Mada in Jakarta or HI Pattaya in Thailand. HI Kuala Lumpur also has the Club, but not great overall, though food is still quite solid.
HI KL (I think that must be Glen Marie) is one of the few that allow me lounge access with an upgraded room on standard room bookings - but I think that's a personal favour rather than a regular upgrade for Spires.

HI Pattaya has never offered me lounge, breakfast or anything discernible as an upgrade.

How about the JKT HI Gajah Mada? I gave up on JKT's IHG hotels when the Kemayoran HI abruptly stopped lounge upgrades and breakfast for Spires: joining the shabby old CP in meanness. So I'd like to try the new HI.

I like the new Jakarta IC, but the location is hopeless. The central HIX are fine: cheap, comfortable enough and they try hard. Though I have to say for $20 dollars or so more the Doubletree has won my heart (and wallet!) with lounge, breakfast and occasional suites for Diamonds.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.