New RA rules after SPIRE

Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:34 pm

Programs: IHG
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Sorry I phrased incorrectly. I wanted to see anywhere online where it shows the expiry date 1.e 31st July 2016 etc.

Mine has renewed and I noticed guys earlier stating their expiry was until dec 2016. I wanted to see where online it shows this.

I think looking at previous screenshots it used to show under manage account, "plat royal amb" now "spire royal am" but I see nothing
I think if you go to "print member card" it shows the expiry date.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:40 pm

Programs: IHG, RC, HH, AA, QF, UA, Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Land-of-Miles
You would be nuts to stay at an IC property that chooses not to upgrade at all though in this way. Few do in my experience but I agree it is a major gap compared to other programmes in terms of consistency. IHG does seem to be a chain where many status benefits are voluntarily given by the individual properties rather than mandated by the centre. This makes it difficult to choose which properties to book.
i've not gone without a reasonable upgrade (although i've only had three award stays), it's just the property has the right to knock you back, and it's all too late when you're there, this time last year i got the Presidential Suite and adjoining suite in Costa Rica, for 5K each on Points Break for a grand total of 80K for eight nights, that was great, and i did get the Oval Suite for three nights at the Willard during Irene in 2011, but the point is,they can put you in a basic room, and other than an attempt at negotiating with them, you don't have the award program T&C top rely on.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Never email as you get one of the pre-emptive proforma pushback replies without recipient even reading the email, assuming they have good reading skills

Skype call to USA numbers are free , some front line Amn Helpdesk Ops are aware and will do the necessary manual count check for you, others are not aware and you have to ask for a supervisor who all seem to be very much aware of the issue regards RA requal ignoring manually adjusted nights

For awareness Supervisor will just check the 365 nights back from the day you ring up though, so I would chase asap
Thanks again scubaccr! I rarely rang them, in particular, have never asked about my status matters as RA's always renewed. I will try the Skype call.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:14 pm

i was just reviewing my account, and noticed a stay i paid with the Chase IHG MC here in the US, paid the five times points as elite points, now that Spire has come into play, does anyone know if payments made at IHG properties with the IHG card will generate elite points?
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:19 pm

Originally Posted by turner32
I think if you go to "print member card" it shows the expiry date.
i just checked that, it doesn't for me at least, just name, number, and status.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 1:58 pm
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Anyone with Sept 30 2015 RA expiry get renewed at July 31 2015? I have 70 Qual Nts Aug 1 2014 - Jul 31 2015 (excluding adjusted stays) and a Sept 30 expiry, and I was NOT auto-renewed ay July 31. I was truly expecting to be renewed now, so I am a bit disappointed.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 2:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by mitpat474
Sorry I phrased incorrectly. I wanted to see anywhere online where it shows the expiry date 1.e 31st July 2016 etc.

Mine has renewed and I noticed guys earlier stating their expiry was until dec 2016. I wanted to see where online it shows this.

I think looking at previous screenshots it used to show under manage account, "plat royal amb" now "spire royal am" but I see nothing
There is a whole thread devoted to this topic... With no clear answer

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...pire-date.html
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, DL Gold, IHG Diamond AMB, MR Gold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, National EE
Originally Posted by nicolas75
There is a whole thread devoted to this topic... With no clear answer

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/inter...pire-date.html
The monthly ambassador statement email lists your RA expiration date.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Originally Posted by The Mileage Millionaire
Anyone with Sept 30 2015 RA expiry get renewed at July 31 2015? I have 70 Qual Nts Aug 1 2014 - Jul 31 2015 (excluding adjusted stays) and a Sept 30 expiry, and I was NOT auto-renewed ay July 31. I was truly expecting to be renewed now, so I am a bit disappointed.
If your year ends on Sept 30th, you should get renewed on August 31st. See above.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 6:35 am
Formerly known as fsa_ea

Programs: UA GS/1MM,AS 75k,NK GLD,AA 2MM,DL 2MM,LH FT,AY PLT,IC RA,FMT LT PLT,HYT GLB,HLT DIA,MRT GLD,HRTZ PC
Originally Posted by stimpy
If your year ends on Sept 30th, you should get renewed on August 31st. See above.
Some people have reported renewal two months in advance, but it does seem to mostly be one or zero months in advance. I was hoping for two montha because my nights were very high in August 2014. Now. I will need lots of nights in August 2015 to replace them in my count.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Some people have reported renewal two months in advance, but it does seem to mostly be one or zero months in advance. I was hoping for two montha because my nights were very high in August 2014. Now. I will need lots of nights in August 2015 to replace them in my count.
My RA is up at the end of September. Taking August to July stays I am on something like 110 nights with 40 IC nights and I didn't get an early renewal. I am never normally renewed until the end of August.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 12:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I don't think it works like that. Your August 2014 nights would never count under any scenario. It's your 12 month membership year that counts. I qualified well before my 10th month, but didn't get renewed til the end of the 11th month.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:17 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
I don't think it works like that. Your August 2014 nights would never count under any scenario. It's your 12 month membership year that counts. I qualified well before my 10th month, but didn't get renewed til the end of the 11th month.
I know 3renewals ago when for RAs we had either got renewed 2months out or had a 60day countdown counter start running that the check at that time was the rolling 365 to that date 2months out ...

So yes the last 2months 11&12 of previous RA year could help 10months into the current year to allow RA renewal by counting i to the next year too.

I think IHG no longer review 60days out but instead review just 30days/1month out , but that still means month 12 of previous RA Year can count a second time when reviewed at 11months into current RA year

No help for me for my 31st Aug Renewal as I had zero IHG stays in 1st Jul - 31 Aug 2014. It may well be the 12month of previous RA year can count double still like previous years but unlike a previous year when it helped me , I lack practical effect of that help this renewal year
Old Aug 3, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by scubaccr
I know 3renewals ago when for RAs we had either got renewed 2months out or had a 60day countdown counter start running that the check at that time was the rolling 365 to that date 2months out ...
3 years ago we were firmly in the top 1% invitation only scheme so they could do whatever they wanted. Many of us who were just barely short for RA called in and got renewed due to our total history with the program.

But in the be careful what you wish for department, too many people complained about the invitation only lack of visibility and they moved to a fixed published program (barring the crazy changes in the online T's and C's in the last month). So perhaps now we are now in a fixed 12 month scheme and previous months don't count. And only people who have already qualified under their 12 month scheme by the end of the 11th month will see their renewal online a month early.

All of the above is the educated guess of a 10+ year RA.
Old Aug 3, 2015, 4:19 pm

3 years ago we were firmly in the top 1% invitation only scheme so they could do whatever they wanted. Many of us who were just barely short for RA called in and got renewed due to our total history with the program.

But in the be careful what you wish for department, too many people complained about the invitation only lack of visibility and they moved to a fixed published program (barring the crazy changes in the online T's and C's in the last month). So perhaps now we are now in a fixed 12 month scheme and previous months don't count. And only people who have already qualified under their 12 month scheme by the end of the 11th month will see their renewal online a month early.

All of the above is the educated guess of a 10+ year RA.
you should be a RA lifer now, it's about time they give Lifetime RA to those that have earned it, say for five years. It makes sense from their perspective, the incremental cost of an upgrade, and a few drinks, and a movie is nothing, but nearly guarantees ongoing business, and loyalty from customers that utilise hotels a lot.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.