Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

IHGSteve: Can we get a final ruling on Resort Fees on Reward Night stays?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IHGSteve: Can we get a final ruling on Resort Fees on Reward Night stays?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:51 pm

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Anyone stay at the Holiday Inn Express Waikiki and know if the resort fee is waived if you book via chase anniversary certificate?
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by Colin
The resort fee never appeared on my award stay folios at Palomar San Diego or Canary Santa Barbara in 2019.
same for Rowan Palm Springs
Old May 26, 2021, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by avatexrs
I have a two night stay at the Kimpton Shorebreak coming up using Chase anniversary free night certificates - one for my credit card and one for my wife’s. I sent emails to both the hotel and IHG customer service. Both responded that the free night awards do NOT cover the resort fee and I would have to pay it directly to the hotel.

From the reports in this thread, it’s odd to me that there would be resort fees charged on Chase free nights but not on rewards points free nights.

Did you end up getting charged the resort fee at the Kimpton Shorebreak? I am driving down the California coast, and am considering whether to stay at the IC Monterey (Mon night) or Kimpton Shorebreak (Fri night) using my Chase night.

Between the stinginess of IC Monterey by putting certain guests in "building across the street, away from the water", and Kimpton Shorebreak's pesky Amenity Fee, I'm stuck in between one type of greed vs. the other.
Old May 26, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist
Suggest you call the Kimpton Shorebreak direct to ask. Amenity/resort fee policies seem to differ, especially at Kimptons. Sometimes it's just a matter of who checks you out, so arbitrary. Both hotels charge for parking. If it matters to you, the IC is a longer walk back to the hotel from the parking garage (about a block away). If you're Ambassador IC will upgrade your room sometimes more than one level, especially on Monday when occupancy should be low.
Old May 27, 2021, 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Steph58
Suggest you call the Kimpton Shorebreak direct to ask. Amenity/resort fee policies seem to differ, especially at Kimptons. Sometimes it's just a matter of who checks you out, so arbitrary. Both hotels charge for parking. If it matters to you, the IC is a longer walk back to the hotel from the parking garage (about a block away). If you're Ambassador IC will upgrade your room sometimes more than one level, especially on Monday when occupancy should be low.
I'm only IHG Plat from the Chase card. Switched my job which no longer involves traveling much so no hotel chain likes me anymore Everyone and their mother is IHG Plat so I'm worried IC Monterey will put me in a storage room.

There are free street parking with a bit more walk for either property from what I gathered.

For the Shorebreak, I'm 99% sure they'll say Amenity fee is separate from the award night, so its really luck of the draws as you said. I'm looking for real data points is all.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 9:04 pm

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Charged $35 at the Kimpton Shorebreak for my chase free night stay last Saturday.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:58 am

Programs: UA 1K
Any recent experiences with the Manhattan properties?

When I tick the box "show prices with taxes and fees", it's telling me that 21,000 points include all taxes and fees. But if I un-tick it, it's suddenly 21,000 + 40 USD facility fee for the Crowne Plaza.

Same for any other property that does charge such a "fee"
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:24 am

my experience is IHG award stays include resort/destination fee waivers for all brands except Kimpton & Mr/Mrs Smith (never stayed at Regent or the other Asia-focused brands)
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 10:36 am

Programs: American, SWA, United, IHG,Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by delpiero223

When I tick the box "show prices with taxes and fees", it's telling me that 21,000 points include all taxes and fees. But if I un-tick it, it's suddenly 21,000 + 40 USD facility fee for the Crowne Plaza.

im interested to know. I booked 4 nights at the intercontinental time square with chase certs for early Feb. it would be nice to get the resort fee waived.
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 12:03 pm
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
I paid no resort fees at IC San Diego ($40/day I believe) on a reward stay over the holidays.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
I was recently charged a "Green fee" of $5/nt on a credit card free night stay at the HIX in Durango CO. Supposedly something to do with them paying their electric bill. I didn't have the energy to fight with them,
PES_B1 likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
I paid no resort fees at IC San Diego ($40/day I believe) on a reward stay over the holidays.
I can confirm, no fee at IC SD. I did pay one at Kimpton on an award stay.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:53 pm

Programs: DL PM MM SC; GE; Bonvoy Titanium; IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by delpiero223

When are you traveling? It probably won't change anything but FYI, the owners of that property recently filed for bankruptcy, claiming, among other things: Argent blamed the financial woes on a “burdensome” licensing agreement with InterContinental Hotels Group for use of its Crowne Plaza brand, and on a complex ownership structure.

https://therealdeal.com/2022/12/29/c...or-bankruptcy/
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by ShopAround
When are you traveling? It probably won't change anything but FYI, the owners of that property recently filed for bankruptcy, claiming, among other things: Argent blamed the financial woes on a “burdensome” licensing agreement with InterContinental Hotels Group for use of its Crowne Plaza brand, and on a complex ownership structure.

https://therealdeal.com/2022/12/29/c...or-bankruptcy/
owners of NYC hotels bought their properties & mortgaged their properties based upon pre-2020 levels of business & leisure travel, while the 2023 reality is fewer in-person business meetings & fewer tourists due to crime. it will take a few years of defaults & writedowns to get the valuations matched to reality of lower revenue streams.
delpiero223 likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2023, 2:00 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by ShopAround
When are you traveling? It probably won't change anything but FYI, the owners of that property recently filed for bankruptcy, claiming, among other things
Thanks for the important notice. I was more likely to book an Holiday Inn (with resort fee) anyway, and this was just an example. But good to keep in mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.