Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Express Bali Raya Kuta (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2015, 8:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Plat Amb, Accor Plat, Hilton HHonors Gold, Best Western Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, GHA Black
Holiday Inn Express Bali Raya Kuta (Master Thread)

HIE Raya Kuta Bali is the second HIE property in Bali and is located at the Raya Kuta region, a 10minutes drive from the airport. I had a 2n stay here during my recent trip to Bali, Indonesia.

It was going for USD50++ per night. I booked a standard room and was given an upgrade to its suite! Was given a personal welcome tour by the General Manager. Great treatment.

During the night had some problem with the room, only 1 out of the 2 aircon was working. Was rectified next day.

Hotel Lobby & Check In Area

Hotel Bar

Hotel Grounds & Pool

Hotel Day Bed & Pool

Suite Living Room

Living Room with view of walkway/door & kitchenette

Deep Soaking Tub in Bathroom

Bathroom with seperate Rainfall Shower

Bedroom

Night view of hotel grounds

Overall, I was quite surprised by the suite upgrade and the GM welcome. The bed was comfortable and the extra space is indeed welcoming. Did not expect to have a soak in a tub in a HIX, but never say never.

For the detailed write up, feel free to visit the blog link @ http://www.jltravellounge.com/Travel...Bali-Raya-Kuta
Old Sep 2, 2015, 9:54 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
If one is comfortable with the location (Kuta is not my cup of tea) then this is a solid property that is fairly new at very reasonable prices and decent standards. Well above many HIX or even HI outside of Asia.
Old Sep 4, 2015, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by demue
If one is comfortable with the location (Kuta is not my cup of tea) then this is a solid property that is fairly new at very reasonable prices and decent standards. Well above many HIX or even HI outside of Asia.
This hotel isn't really in Kuta. It's quite a bit inland, near the bypass road. So the location is pretty poor, but maybe in a different way.

Agreed it looks very nice, though.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 4:40 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Currently going for 32US$ for low season in November which is great value. Agree not smack center Kuta, but one wouldn't really want to be there anyways though YMMV. If party central is the desire better go with the HIX Bali Kuta Square. Also often in the 40-60US$ range.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I've seen both HIX locations in the $30-36++ range recently. I'm thinking of checking out the new Raya Kuta location this month. I stayed at the other Kuta HIX and wasn't overwhelmed, in the least.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 3:58 am

Aside from location (which isn't to my liking in either case) the Raya Kuta property is the preferable one. For that price (e.g. 35-40 USD) it comes with a reasonably decent breakfast, new and clean rooms and has a better vibe ("remotely resortish") than Kuta Square. It beats any HIX in the UK or US in my book, but opinions differ. YMMV.
Old Aug 14, 2017, 1:35 am
Marriott 10+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, IHG Gold, BAEC Silver, TP Silver
Not in an optimal location

Holiday Inn Express Bali Raya Kuta

Map| 1 Review | 0% Recommended

Jalan Raya Kuta No. 39, Badung Kuta, ID 80361

Not in an optimal location (4 Photos)

I booked a night at this hotel just because I needed a stay for my Accelerate challenge. It was quite cheap (less than USD50) so why not. But I didn't actually sleep in it and didn't get to use the pool the next day or have the included breakfast at the restaurant. So don't take this as a super thorough experience :)

It's still in Kuta but not the usual Kuta that tourists stay at... It's a bit out of the way inland. The surroundings are quite dark and there's not much to do. I had the weirdest idea to walk from the Four Points Sheraton Kuta (roughly 1.5km) in the middle of the night and oh boy, what a bad idea that was hahaha. I had a bit of trouble finding it just looking at Google Maps. The entrance being on Jln Raya Kuta rather than Jln Merta Nadi (yeah that's my bad, I should have read the address instead of just looking at the map).

But yeah, unless you need to be around there or if you don't mind taking the taxi every time you head in or out, why not. On a map, it seems fine but maybe because I chose to do it on foot, it really put me off haha.

Took a taxi back out to the Beachwalk area and it's still quite cheap so yeah, why not.

Check In

Checked-in just before midnight. Two attendants at the desk, it was fast and painless as everything was ready with the usual "thanks for being a member" thing. All I had to do is sign some forms and the usual check-in detail papers as well as present my passport.

Room

I booked the normal lowest cat room for this purpose and I was pleasantly surprised. It's a good size room for a HIE, clean and functional. Flat screen TV, fridge, water kettle, some instant coffee and tea bags, bottled water.

Nice bathroom with a glass wall separating it from the bed room (everyone seems to be doing this nowadays). You can pull down a screen if you are sharing the room with someone for privacy of course.

No bath tub for this room type but a big nice shower.

Big bed, big window that takes up the entire wall so I can imagine a lot of light in the day time. Small sofa on the side for reading and relaxing as well. There's a small table top along the TV that allows you to sit at and work if needed on a laptop. The feel is good and it beats lots of other HIE I've stayed at.

6_FullSizeRender_3.jpg

8_FullSizeRender_4.jpg

6_FullSizeRender_6.jpg

5_FullSizeRender_5.jpg

Overall

Overall it's a nice hotel, for a very low price but the location just doesn't fit my needs. I'd rather be a bit closer to the beach side and the action, even if I hate the crowds, being in a bit more lively neighborhood would be nicer.

To each its own I guess but I wouldn't book this hotel for future stays, based on location only.

Not in an optimal location

Would you like to write a review on the Holiday Inn Express Bali Raya Kuta?

No, thank you.
Yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.