Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2022, 1:36 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
Great, thanks. I'll give it a go & report back accordingly.
Ok, I have renewed my Ambassador membership & my Diamond Card expiry was automatically extended from 31/12/22 to 31/12/23. An additional 15,000 rewards points automatically posted instantly to my account too. The t's & c's also confirmed that after 2 paid qualifying stays at IHG hotels I would trigger an additional 20,000 rewards points. Perfect result.
EDIflyer and yurtripper like this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:09 am

Amb. Complimentary Weekend Night

Hi,
I am trying to decide whether to join IC Amb. Program. Would be great to get clarification on the following: 1. Is it possible to book the Complimentary Weekend Night rate without having Amb status? (IHG site does seem to allow it); 2. When choosing the Amb. Complimentary Weekend Night rate shows the total rate for 2 nights, and then it says that "the second weekend night will be credited to your bill at check-in". Is this always the case as long as you have Amb. status and the weekend certificate? Thanks
Old Sep 2, 2022, 2:47 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by NoY
Ok, I have renewed my Ambassador membership & my Diamond Card expiry was automatically extended from 31/12/22 to 31/12/23. An additional 15,000 rewards points automatically posted instantly to my account too. The t's & c's also confirmed that after 2 paid qualifying stays at IHG hotels I would trigger an additional 20,000 rewards points. Perfect result.
Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, did you use cash (which I believe is the case to get bonus points) to renew? Wonder if this offer works for points renewal which would make the net cost 5k.

Again apologies if this was answered elsewhere I tried to search
NoY likes this.

Last edited by Admiral Ackbar; Sep 2, 2022 at 2:59 am
Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:46 am

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
Sorry if this was posted elsewhere, did you use cash (which I believe is the case to get bonus points) to renew? Wonder if this offer works for points renewal which would make the net cost 5k.

Yes and no!

Firstly, if you renew using points then you won't get the 15K points that you get if you pay by cash. However you will qualify for the 20K bonus as per the Ambassador T&Cs.

Members who renew by redeeming 40,000 IHG One Rewards points will receive 20,000 bonus points after completing two qualifying nights, between their renewal date and January 31, 2023, at participating InterContinental® Hotels & Resorts, Kimpton® Hotels & Restaurants, or Regent® Hotels & Resorts.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
I am trying to decide whether to join IC Amb. Program. Would be great to get clarification on the following: 1. Is it possible to book the Complimentary Weekend Night rate without having Amb status? (IHG site does seem to allow it); 2. When choosing the Amb. Complimentary Weekend Night rate shows the total rate for 2 nights, and then it says that "the second weekend night will be credited to your bill at check-in". Is this always the case as long as you have Amb. status and the weekend certificate? Thanks
1. Yes, I believe you can. The important thing is having the Complimentary Weekend Night certificate in your account when you check-in to the hotel.

2. Yes, it should all work out as expected at the hotel. Just make sure that is the case when you check-in. Some ICs adjust the rate in the booking prior to arrival to reflect the free night, either by making the second night $0 or divding the first night cost between the two nights. You may also see the confirmed room upgrade in the booking prior to arrival, so it is definitely worth keeping an eye on your booking leading up to your stay.
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 4:02 am

Regarding the 20K bonus when you renew Ambassador membership where you need two qualifyfing nights by 31 January 2023 to get the bonus, it is worth noting that when boooking using a Complimentary Weekend Night certificate that the free night WILL count as an eligible night for the purposes of this promotion. At least that is how I am interpreting the following from the T&Cs for this promotion.

The “Ambassador Complimentary Weekend Night” rate is a Qualifying Rate, and the complimentary night may be counted towards the two nights needed to qualify for the additional 20,000 bonus points.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by Mister P.
Hi,
If you dont have an available weekend night certificate in your IHG One Rewards account by check-in time, the property will not remove the charge for the second night and both nights will be charged to the guest.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 6:36 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar

No worries, ask away! Yes, indeed, I paid $200 cash. A bargain IMHO. This was a no-brainer for me with the 15,000 points + the bonus 20,000 points for 2 stays (several stays were already booked, so the bonus is an easy win) + the free weekend night certificate & the Diamond benefits (brekkie etc.)...bye bye Hilton Diamond (which I won't renew)..
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 11:05 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP, UA LT Ag, Marriott LT Ti, Hyatt Glob, Avis PC, Busted-Knuckles Club Grand Poobah.
I just got the Ambassador offer email. I'm diamond thru Dec 2023. Other than the late checkout and one free night, is there any other benefit over diamond? "Guaranteed upgrades" is touted but that could be being "upgraded" to maybe the same room on a higher floor.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 1:15 am

Thanks for all the information, this is very helpful!
Old Sep 3, 2022, 2:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by NoY
Whereas those like me that renewed in July, due to impending expiry and Kimpton stays booked in Aug. got nothing. Grrr.
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 3, 2022, 6:13 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by minz56
Regarding the 20K bonus when you renew Ambassador membership where you need two qualifyfing nights by 31 January 2023 to get the bonus, it is worth noting that when boooking using a Complimentary Weekend Night certificate that the free night WILL count as an eligible night for the purposes of this promotion. At least that is how I am interpreting the following from the T&Cs for this promotion.
Yep that worked for me last year (although I don't remember the terms listing is quite so clearly that time!)
minz56 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2022, 7:50 am

Enrol in Ambassador online or when checking in at IC Hotel?

Read that in the past, there were sometimes additional benefits when enrolling in the Ambassador on the spot at an InterContinental hotel at the time of checking in, such as upgrade, lounge access, etc. Any recent data points on this?

If we sign up for the first time at an InterContinental hotel when checking in, will still be able to get the 20000 points after completing 2 nights' stay under the current promotion right?

Just wondering whether should sign up online or might be better to try signing up upon checking in, in case there are really additional benefits. Any recommendations? Thank you!
Old Oct 2, 2022, 2:19 am

I have a question about Ambassador membership. I have one free night to use as an Ambassador. I login to IHG's website and click on "Complimentary Ambassador Night" and check the available dates. Some are available on the weekdays (weird) and I choose 2 consecutive nights (3 days total) and click to the billing page. The billing page shows that I'm being charged for two nights instead of getting the 2nd night free. Is this how it works? Do I get charged for two nights and get one night refunded at some later stage?
Old Oct 2, 2022, 4:57 am

Originally Posted by yorkcec
I have a question about Ambassador membership. I have one free night to use as an Ambassador. I login to IHG's website and click on "Complimentary Ambassador Night" and check the available dates. Some are available on the weekdays (weird) and I choose 2 consecutive nights (3 days total) and click to the billing page. The billing page shows that I'm being charged for two nights instead of getting the 2nd night free. Is this how it works? Do I get charged for two nights and get one night refunded at some later stage?
If I'm not mistaken, this can be hotel dependent. After booking the Ambassador rate for 2 nights, some hotels will soon adjust the rate in a couple of days after the booking, so your booking will soon reflect that you are only charged for the first night.

Other hotels may keep the reservation as it is for the time being, and when checking out, adjust the rate then to charge you only for the first night.

For most countries, weekend nights will include Friday, Saturday and Sunday, for InterContinental hotels.

For Kimpton and Regent hotels, can still book these hotels for the Ambassador nights until the end of this year, and the rates will apply to both weekday and weekend stays, unlike the InterContinental ones.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.