Search

Ambassador Programme Information

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Finnhansa
Hi all,

seems that I missed my ambassador renewal window as the site shows:

I'm Diamond Elite Member and I have a plenty of points. I'm thinking that this year the travels will be bit less and I might do only 15-20 nights at IGH properties. Previously there were extension benefits and I do not know what is the status nowadays. So in short, should I spend 40k of points to extend my ambassador, as this option somehow still seems to be available?
The main benefit from renewal (if it works in this case) would be extension of your Diamond status for another year
Old Aug 23, 2022, 7:17 am
Formerly known as newbie elite

Programs: IHG Diamond Ambassador, Accor Platinum, AC50K
Originally Posted by yurtripper
The main benefit from renewal (if it works in this case) would be extension of your Diamond status for another year
I am debating whether to renew Ambassador as a Diamond (already good to 2023), the 4pm guaranteed late checkout and free night are pushing me slightly toward yes.
Old Aug 23, 2022, 3:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
I have renewal coming up as well and also have diamond until end 2023

i need to have a think about how I’d get value from the weekend voucher. It would help if they extended usage of it at Kimptons until the end of next year!
Old Aug 23, 2022, 10:43 pm

So if current diamond status lasts until end 2023, signing up or renewing ambassador now in August 2022 doesn't extend the diamond status. But getting the ambassador later at the start of 2023 in January will then extend the Diamond status until end 2024? Will this be correct?
Old Aug 25, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
It seems the Diamond extension only works when extending ambassador, not if your ambassador lapses and you take it out again
Old Aug 25, 2022, 5:36 pm

Originally Posted by ninjalad
It seems the Diamond extension only works when extending ambassador, not if your ambassador lapses and you take it out again
Oh I see. Thanks a lot for the information. I didn't know that it only works for renewal of the ambassador, but not for signing up. Have a good day!
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:38 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Am a little befuddled, so could use some help please. I Am Diamond until 31 December 2022 & my Ambassador Membership expires 01 December 2022.

If I renew my Ambassador membership (the option is now showing on my account to renew as of 01 August 2022) will my Diamond status automatically extend until December 2023? Thanks!
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:16 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by NoY
Am a little befuddled, so could use some help please. I Am Diamond until 31 December 2022 & my Ambassador Membership expires 01 December 2022.

If I renew my Ambassador membership (the option is now showing on my account to renew as of 01 August 2022) will my Diamond status automatically extend until December 2023? Thanks!
That's how it's worked up until now at least - renewing AMB will extend your Spire/Diamond status for another year. I haven't seen any DPs to the contrary so far (for renewals I mean, rather than restoring lapsed membership).
NoY likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 9:48 am

Originally Posted by NoY

You tell us.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 1:04 pm

Ok so I want to confirm a few things with everyone.

First to get the ambassador status I just need to pay the $200, or 40,000 points? No stays at a IC, kimpton or other properties before having the status added to my account?

Second, all my upcoming stays are on points. We are going to IC Fiji and SIX SENSE fiji. Would my ambassador status and benefits be applied there? Even on points?

Thanks again, and my apologies if these questions have been answered before, I looked around but there is a lot of information and can be a little confusing.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 3:04 pm

Originally Posted by brabb12
Ok so I want to confirm a few things with everyone.

First to get the ambassador status I just need to pay the $200, or 40,000 points? No stays at a IC, kimpton or other properties before having the status added to my account?

Second, all my upcoming stays are on points. We are going to IC Fiji and SIX SENSE fiji. Would my ambassador status and benefits be applied there? Even on points?

Thanks again, and my apologies if these questions have been answered before, I looked around but there is a lot of information and can be a little confusing.
yes to both (not sure about benefits at Six sense as ambassador but at IC for sure)
brabb12 likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by Admiral Ackbar
yes to both (not sure about benefits at Six sense as ambassador but at IC for sure)
I looked up and the terms and conditions and found this. Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas

42. Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa is progressively integrating into the IHG® One Rewards program and at that time the following benefits will apply for InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members at participating Six Senses hotels:

a. Complimentary Breakfast for two in the main restaurant per day. Benefit not applicable at Six Senses Residences.

b. Signature Amenity of either a complimentary 50 minute Six Senses Spa massage for two or local experience once per stay. The Signature Amenity varies by resort, is subject to availability and confirmed on arrival. Not applicable with corporate or negotiated rates.

c. Complimentary one category room upgrade (subject to availability, excluding residences and 2 bedroom or greater suites/villas)

d. Extended check-out of 4pm subject to availability. Guaranteed for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members. Benefit always subject to availability for all tiers at Six Senses Residences.

e. Early check-in subject to availability. Guaranteed for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members and in circumstances where the room is not available at 10 am, the member may be checked into another available room until the original booked room becomes available. Benefit always subject to availability for all tiers at Six Senses Residences.

f. Complimentary Internet access. Internet accessibility, speed, and connectivity in common areas and guest rooms vary by resort

g. Wellness Platter welcome amenity on day of arrival. Benefit always subject to availability for all tiers at Six Senses Residences.

Does this sound to good to be true?
the massage alone makes it worth it for six senses properties.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:10 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by 336
You tell us.
A very insightful & helpful post. Thanks so much.
Admiral Ackbar likes this.
Old Sep 1, 2022, 6:11 pm
NoY

Originally Posted by yurtripper
That's how it's worked up until now at least - renewing AMB will extend your Spire/Diamond status for another year. I haven't seen any DPs to the contrary so far (for renewals I mean, rather than restoring lapsed membership).
Great, thanks. I'll give it a go & report back accordingly.
yurtripper likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2022, 12:17 am

Originally Posted by brabb12
I looked up and the terms and conditions and found this. Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spas

42. Six Senses Hotels Resorts Spa is progressively integrating into the IHG® One Rewards program and at that time the following benefits will apply for InterContinental Ambassador, Royal Ambassador and Kimpton Inner Circle members at participating Six Senses hotels:

a. Complimentary Breakfast for two in the main restaurant per day. Benefit not applicable at Six Senses Residences.

b. Signature Amenity of either a complimentary 50 minute Six Senses Spa massage for two or local experience once per stay. The Signature Amenity varies by resort, is subject to availability and confirmed on arrival. Not applicable with corporate or negotiated rates.

c. Complimentary one category room upgrade (subject to availability, excluding residences and 2 bedroom or greater suites/villas)

d. Extended check-out of 4pm subject to availability. Guaranteed for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members. Benefit always subject to availability for all tiers at Six Senses Residences.

e. Early check-in subject to availability. Guaranteed for Royal Ambassador & Kimpton Inner Circle members and in circumstances where the room is not available at 10 am, the member may be checked into another available room until the original booked room becomes available. Benefit always subject to availability for all tiers at Six Senses Residences.

f. Complimentary Internet access. Internet accessibility, speed, and connectivity in common areas and guest rooms vary by resort

g. Wellness Platter welcome amenity on day of arrival. Benefit always subject to availability for all tiers at Six Senses Residences.

Does this sound to good to be true?
the massage alone makes it worth it for six senses properties.
Nope, those are your benefits then!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.