Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit (Master Thread)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2017, 6:14 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by scubaccr
HI Silom , post July2016 trial, now gives Spires (not Plats) lounge/club access if booking 1cat below a club room, quite a nice lounge as it goes.
Silom has one of the better lounges, I think it's much better than the more expensive Westin on Sukhumvit, as the F+B selection is good at Silom and just so-so at the Westin. Careful booking one cat down and expecting no fight about lounge access though as they also have their unpublished room categories they trot out to avoid giving lounge access. If you call them on it, they will always do the "make an exception this time" explanation, especially if you checkin at the lounge.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 10:32 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by scubaccr
Yes per standard IHG t+c's Lounge access is not a benefit for as IHG Elites , Spire or Platinum level

I moved a poor Hilton Sukhumvit night here (I saw allocated Hilton room, rejected it and walked as had cancel upto 4pm to on day flex). As such I booked my night whilst standing in reception after checking on Spire treatment first.

As I expected no lounge foc, even if book 1-cat below, then upgrade w/o lounge access happens (or no upgrade) , so I booked 2cats below a club room.

The 2x Bangkok IHG hotels that previously gave Spire (and if lucky Plats) lounge access, CP and Indigo stopped foc lounge acces.

HI Silom , post July2016 trial, now gives Spires (not Plats) lounge/club access if booking 1cat below a club room, quite a nice lounge as it goes.

Hotel Indigo in Bangkok has a club lounge?
Old Nov 26, 2017, 12:03 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
Silom has one of the better lounges, I think it's much better than the more expensive Westin on Sukhumvit, as the F+B selection is good at Silom and just so-so at the Westin. Careful booking one cat down and expecting no fight about lounge access though as they also have their unpublished room categories they trot out to avoid giving lounge access. If you call them on it, they will always do the "make an exception this time" explanation, especially if you checkin at the lounge.
i have never been to Holiday Inn Silom but i have seen most 5 Star Lounges in Bangkok and the one at the Westin is one of the best in Bangkok.... It's maybe not the largest spacewise but they have a selection of imported premium cheese. They also have a soup and 2/3 hot dishes and high quality breadrolls, antipasti, etc not to talk about the deserts.. The lounge has no cocktails but foodwise i consider the best.
I am surprised to hear what HI Siloms lounge has to offer as i considered a stay there to complete an accelerate task
Old Nov 26, 2017, 4:17 pm

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by cln
The lounge has no cocktails but foodwise i consider the best.
I remember having cocktails at the Westin lounge: Johnney Walker Red and a cheap gin vs JW Black and Bombay Sapphire gin at the HI Silom. Maybe it's changed in the past year. While it's not the IC BKK lounge offerings, but it's pretty good for the price you're paying.
Old Nov 26, 2017, 5:18 pm

Is breakfast served in the main restaurant or lounge for those who book Exec Room?
Old Dec 4, 2017, 4:57 pm
cln

Programs: TK E+, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Dusit Gold
Originally Posted by rbAA
I remember having cocktails at the Westin lounge: Johnney Walker Red and a cheap gin vs JW Black and Bombay Sapphire gin at the HI Silom. Maybe it's changed in the past year. While it's not the IC BKK lounge offerings, but it's pretty good for the price you're paying.
i meant real cocktails like Tequila Sunrise, etc yeah they have some hard liquor
Old Mar 26, 2019, 6:16 am

Programs: HH Diamond IHG Spire Amb MR PLAT
Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm Spire Ambassador. Im guessing Spire's do not get lounge but i was thinking of just getting a club room. Is the hotel and lounge any good?

thanks
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:45 am

Programs: Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by robnc35
Has anyone stayed here recently? I'm Spire Ambassador. Im guessing Spire's do not get lounge but i was thinking of just getting a club room. Is the hotel and lounge any good?

thanks
Stayed here last year and was given lounge access as a Spire.
email them and ask.
Old Mar 27, 2019, 9:38 pm

Thanks Rebabc
Old Mar 28, 2019, 6:14 am

emailed them. They gave me a link to buy club room lol. Was not expecting anything anyway.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 5:53 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Just booked the Thailand Bangkok 3for2 Nights Promo here Which offer gives restaurant breakfast too in the rate for upto 2ppn.
(though 2x nights were at full flex, but 2 Flex nights cheaper than 3nights corporate rates, 1night non-refundable deposit at booking time, book by 14th April).

o HI Sukhumvit location happens to suit me this visit, though spent last night (Monday) at Royal Orchid Sheraton (on the River) which has a greatb/f and evening Lounge offering. Will weekend at the Conrad as I prefer that lounge evening offering to IC Bangkok's.

o Alas book Prem King , you'll get 1ct upgrade to Exec Room minus Lounge Access as a Spire, they'll tell you Exec Room is nicer than Premier etc (or sometimes no upgrade).
o If you get fake upgrade Prem to Exec w/o lounge access, be pleasantly dissapointed and push back politely... As... No guarantees, but it is not unknown here to be offered a 1-off (this visit only) taster of foc lounge access

o Probably worth booking lounge access here if you will use in evening for drinks, plus the Exec Room upgrade is then to a suite for Spires.
o Lounge Access (all day coffee/tea/sodas)
a)breakfast (no right to restaurant b/f)
b)afternoon tea 1430 (not been)
c)evening drinks+nibles 1800-1945
c)Drinks = Spirits, local beer, heineken
c)Food (Tue 9Apr) = Cheese/Pastrami/Duck , Chicken Satay, Hot Vegetarian Penne, plus other bits n pieces. For a Holiday Inn it is actually a good offering.
Old Apr 9, 2019, 7:51 am

Thanks Scubaccr. I left IHG for awhile and did Hilton Diamond for the last 2 plus years. Usually stay at Hilton Suk 24 or Conrad. But the last 6 or so months both hotels have been packed. Check in is always busy breakfast is usually packed so is evening cocktail. It seems a lot of people are using evening cocktails as a buffet to fill up on. I know that probably goes on at alot of properties. The staff at both Hilton's are really nice but they are way under staffed to cope with the crowds

I find if i book club room at HI Soi 22 the price is just about the same as if i book a regular room at Hilton son 24. I know Spire sucks for any extra benefits but the points add up pretty fast and i like using them for reward nights at IC in SE Asia.

Is the lounge busy tonight ?

just my 2 cents anyway
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:08 am

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
@robnc35,

tonight .... circa 20 guests in lounge at any one time 1800-1945 drinks 1730-2000 food, maybe 30 in all during the 2hour window lounge seating+tables not an issue although i went 1750pm and already 14 guests started on food waiting on 1800 drinks, guess those guests wanted to grab something and hit the streets. Food still left to eat at 8pm, so no one got too greedy/stupid over stuffing themselves to excess with food.

To be honest, i notice the excess consumption is more likely at w/end's with family+2kids guests, who pay lounge and try to make do with no other food expenses. Hi Suk tonight, all adults, 50/50 split singles and couples. For me food in streets/malls around here is cheap, no need for anyone to need to live off lounge food offerings in Bangkok
Old Apr 9, 2019, 10:16 am

that's alot better ratio than the Conrad or Hilton Suk 24. That's mayhem over at those 2 places.. Thanks alot for the info Scubaccr I'm just going to bite the bullet and book club for that hotel.. by the way there is a good restaurant right up the street from the hotel called No Idea really good Farang food.aand nice cocktails as well
Old Apr 9, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: CX GO (=SPH), IHG Diamond Amb, Hertz 5*, Accor, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by rebadc
Stayed here last year and was given lounge access as a Spire.
email them and ask.
Hmm I stayed for a week there in Oct.-Nov. 2018 and was given 50% off for lounge access (so paid ~470THB/night tax incl.). I liked the lounge a lot.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.