FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador-426/)
-   -   Using my points to book hotel for someone else ok? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/intercontinental-hotels-ihg-one-rewards-intercontinental-ambassador/1596807-using-my-points-book-hotel-someone-else-ok.html)

TOMFORD Jul 23, 2014 4:19 am

Using my points to book hotel for someone else ok?

Is it okay if I use my IHG points to book a hotel room for someone else? I will not be checking in and the other person is not related to me.

randidliyo Jul 23, 2014 6:50 am

70% of the nights I book are for someone else. Just make the reservation then call the hotel and let them know who will be checking in so they can put it in the record. They will have to throw down a credit card for security purposes, but that's about it. very simple.

TOMFORD Jul 23, 2014 6:54 am

Great, thanks for the info!

jhuck Jul 23, 2014 11:19 am

I too book most of my stays from someone elses account. I just add the name of who will actually be there (usually me) as the additional guest on the reservation, and in the special instructions/requests box I tell them who will be checking in. Have always done so online and have never had a problem yet.

Kay_nyc Jul 25, 2014 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by jhuck (Post 23244095)
I too book most of my stays from someone elses account. I just add the name of who will actually be there (usually me) as the additional guest on the reservation, and in the special instructions/requests box I tell them who will be checking in. Have always done so online and have never had a problem yet.

Ditto.

ArkansasTraveler Aug 5, 2014 9:38 am

I have done this many times for points award nights. Does this also work when using the Chase Annual Free Night or does the cardholder need to check in as well?

Voucher Aug 6, 2014 9:02 am

Originally Posted by agp423 (Post 23241995)
the other person is not related to me.

As the others said, I've booked for my family/friends under my name many times and it was always ok.
Not sure about what do u mean by "not related to me", but I would be more careful about people using my name.

TTT103 Aug 7, 2014 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by ArkansasTraveler (Post 23313476)
Does this also work when using the Chase Annual Free Night or does the cardholder need to check in as well?

I'd be interested in hearing others experience using the Annual Chase Free Night for another individual, as well.

cpns72 Aug 7, 2014 5:37 pm

last May I booked for my mother & my sister under my name for first time and it went smooth fine. whew. I did email to let them know my mother & my sister names for my nephew's graduation. They were very nice. ^