Crowne Plaza ANA - Narita (Master Thread)

Old Jan 5, 2019, 9:50 am

I think it's safe to say that all properties at NRT are old, tired and dated. The CP is no exception, neither is the Hilton. When the TOBU hotel was a HI we stayed there often, taking advantage of the low prices, and that was the same. For us it's fine for a night before or after an International flight. One thing is for sure, though, the cleanliness of these places ( rooms and public area ) is exemplary and everything works.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:06 pm

Programs: NZ
I stayed here recently and agree with others in terms of being dated, cleanliness, price and convenience. Just set your expectations correctly if you plan to stay.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 5:31 pm

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Originally Posted by Exleftseat
I think it's safe to say that all properties at NRT are old, tired and dated. The CP is no exception, neither is the Hilton.

The Hilton Narita is actually in a much more modern and rennovated state (at least the room I had, and the common areas that I saw)...that is one of the reasons why it usually costs a bit more more than the Crowne Plaza.
Old Jan 5, 2019, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by est-gratuite
The Hilton Narita is actually in a much more modern and rennovated state (at least the room I had, and the common areas that I saw)...that is one of the reasons why it usually costs a bit more more than the Crowne Plaza.
Haven't experienced any renovated rooms at the Hilton and my last stay was a couple of weeks ago. It's way cheaper for us ( couple ) since the CP adds a minimum charge of $ 30.00 ( I am always
converting at 1yen:1$, not right, but easy ) for a second person and of course breakfast is not included. I actually prefer the CP as one can open the window.
Old May 11, 2019, 10:24 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriott Bonvoy, Accor, Hyatt, (Former IHG Ambassador)
Stayed here again recently. Nightly rates are low and staff are really friendly and helpful, and even lowly IHG gold members get good discounted rates on breakfast and late check out until 2pm. Check-in is pretty fast and without hassle (Many hotels in Japan usually take so long to register and check you in, and want to give you dozens of different little papers & coupons & explanations while doing so).

I have been to other hotels in Narita like the "Marroad" and "Narita view" hotel....honestly, they are much, much worse. Staff that don't speak hardly a word of english at all (for a hotel near an airport as big & important as narita thats not acceptable) and awful rooms that haven't been rennovated in 30 to 40 years (no exaggeration) with many that still allow smoking in rooms. I wouldn't mind so much if the rates were low, but they are still high.

Yeah, the Crowne Plaza at Narita doesn't have the most modern looking rooms, but they are clean and functioning, you can open the windows for fresh air in the rooms, the rates are low, the staff are friendly and they give recognition of benefits even for gold members.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2020, 11:00 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AA ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire/Ambassador
Originally Posted by keihin_242
Narita has many restaurants and is a much better choice than eating at the hotel.
I was really hoping that I would be able to partake of a Narita restaurant but we arrived into NRT 7 hours later than expected, so simply took complimentary shuttle to the Crowne Plaza.

Odd shuttle schedule, I would assume the shuttle from NRT to Crowne Plaza would be regular. but is not the case. From 18:00-22:00 the shuttle departs at 15 & 45 past the hour.

For the return shuttle back to NRT, there was a grouping of morning times 6:30, 6:50, 7:10, 7:35, 7:50, 8:10, 8:25, 8:45, 9:05, 9:35, then on 20 past the hour until 17:00

As Spire was offered complimentary breakfast, GREAT spread, really enjoyable Western & Asian options.

Room was small but very clean, very quiet, very comfortable.

Would stay again.

--
Old Jan 8, 2020, 12:10 pm

Stayed there again in the autumn last year since the Hilton was overpriced for my dates. CP is running a special for Plat and above whereas breakfast is now complimentary. That is a great deal. Not sure if this will e permanent. One can hope. Then I would switch permanently.
The ability to open the window is a game changer for me.
Sweet Willie and rallyeHI like this.
Old Nov 29, 2022, 10:55 pm
formerly rt23456p

Did anyone stay here recently? Staying to catch the 9:30am NRT departure.
Old Dec 31, 2022, 5:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
ANA Crowne Plaza Narita [Master Thread]

Has anyone stayed here recently? Does this hotel have an affiliation with ANA? I'm an IHG Diamond and am interested in staying at this hotel for a short stay. Is there a free shuttle going from the airport to the hotel? If not, do I have to take a taxi? I read there is no lounge, but a discount is provided for dinner at the hotel restaurant? Is this still true in the COVID era? I'm assuming breakfast is complimentary for IHG Diamonds?

Thank you!
Old Dec 31, 2022, 11:11 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
Has anyone stayed here recently? Does this hotel have an affiliation with ANA? I'm an IHG Diamond and am interested in staying at this hotel for a short stay. Is there a free shuttle going from the airport to the hotel? If not, do I have to take a taxi? I read there is no lounge, but a discount is provided for dinner at the hotel restaurant? Is this still true in the COVID era? I'm assuming breakfast is complimentary for IHG Diamonds?

Thank you!
Stayed one night at the end of September and got upgraded to a suite from a superior twin. Status was Platinum.

Shuttle bus to and from airport, yes. https://www.anacrowneplaza-narita.jp...fbbdec833e.pdf

As long as I remember no discount is provided for the restaurant. Spa, gym and pool were complimentary.

Their homepage provides more information but is in Japanese. You could use some translation tools.
https://www.anacrowneplaza-narita.jp/
ernestnywang and lsquare like this.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by ftakak
Stayed one night at the end of September and got upgraded to a suite from a superior twin. Status was Platinum.

Shuttle bus to and from airport, yes. https://www.anacrowneplaza-narita.jp...fbbdec833e.pdf

As long as I remember no discount is provided for the restaurant. Spa, gym and pool were complimentary.

Their homepage provides more information but is in Japanese. You could use some translation tools.
https://www.anacrowneplaza-narita.jp/
Is the shuttle bus schedule you provided recent?

Hotel website says there is no shuttle to the airport (but that there is one to Narita town).
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...ail/directions
Can't believe that is true so if anyone can provide an email for the hotel I would like to email them as I have an upcoming reservation and will likely cancel if there is no airport shuttle. Need to confirm.

Also interested in any recent stay experiences for Diamond.
Old Jan 1, 2023, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by fmkgb
Is the shuttle bus schedule you provided recent?

Hotel website says there is no shuttle to the airport (but that there is one to Narita town).
https://www.ihg.com/crowneplaza/hote...ail/directions
Can't believe that is true so if anyone can provide an email for the hotel I would like to email them as I have an upcoming reservation and will likely cancel if there is no airport shuttle. Need to confirm.

Also interested in any recent stay experiences for Diamond.
I retrieved the information from their Japanese website so I think it is updated. Try contact [email protected] to confirm.
Old Jan 2, 2023, 8:20 am

Programs: AA PLAT 2MM, MR TITANIUM 2M, HH DIA, Hyatt EXP, BW DIA, IC AMB, IHG PLAT, UA GLD
Originally Posted by ftakak
I retrieved the information from their Japanese website so I think it is updated. Try contact [email protected] to confirm.
Likely Japanese website correct and they forgot to update English website after covid. I have emailed hotel for confirmation and will update thread when I receive a response. Thanks.

UPDATE: Per hotel response, FTAKAK correct and per Japanese website hotel does offer shuttle to/from Narita airport and Narita town and AEON center.
Happy, rt23456p and ftakak like this.

Last edited by fmkgb; Jan 3, 2023 at 9:24 am
Old Jan 7, 2023, 3:33 pm
formerly rt23456p

Stayed here last night as an one-click diamond, will review once I land.
Old Jan 7, 2023, 4:37 pm

Originally Posted by rt23456p
Stayed here last night as an one-click diamond, will review once I land.
How did you enjoy the hotel?

What kind of upgrade/benefits did you receive as Diamond (besides breakfast choice)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.