Crowne Plaza ANA - Narita (Master Thread)

Old Mar 4, 2011, 6:48 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
Originally Posted by LapLap
Wasn't there a bilingual button on the remote control? (I realise this button is rarely labelled in English)
Lap2,yes there was. It was red. I forget if it was in Romaji.
Had my share of CCN & Discovery Channel viewing while I was there.

Originally Posted by Shimon
I was not upgraded to a suite but I was given an airport view aka the side that gets sun light.
Shimon, which room did you end up staying in. Kids stayed in 1515, a very small King, initially given 1516 then 1511 which were the same tight room. Finally got 1117, a "corner" King way bigger than any of the other.

Another question. Did they supply you with personal sized toiletries?

Last edited by bmttokyo; Mar 5, 2011 at 8:54 am Reason: Additional entry
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:04 am

Originally Posted by LapLap
Wasn't there a bilingual button on the remote control? (I realise this button is rarely labelled in English)
Yeah... but like I said... only 1-2 interesting channels.
Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by bmttokyo
Lap2,yes there was. It was red. I forget if it was in Romaji.
Had my share of CCN & Discovery Channel viewing while I was there.

Shimon, which room did you end up staying in. Kids stayed in 1515, a very small King, initially given 1516 then 1511 which were the same tight room. Finally got 1117, a "corner" King way bigger than any of the other.

Another question. Did they supply you with personal sized toiletries?
You could ask for them. I had my own so I didn't ask. The Sleep Advantage stuff was all personal size.
Old Apr 12, 2011, 9:58 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I checked out the hotel yesterday. I was surprised there was a 1,050 yen charge for using the gym/sauna even for Platinum guests. They also charge 735 yen for the use of internet. I wouldn't return to the hotel unless there is another crack the case promo. I need 26 properties.
Old Feb 24, 2012, 12:13 pm

CP Narita - no rooms available

Need to stay at NRT 3/17-18. CP ANA Narita shows no rooms available. Does anyone have any info what's going on?
Old Feb 24, 2012, 1:34 pm

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Need to stay at NRT 3/17-18. CP ANA Narita shows no rooms available. Does anyone have any info what's going on?
Marriages maybe. Big families. Lower cost. Free parking. Skyliner. Shuttle bus.

Spock Seat
rt23456p likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 6:02 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Or just big tour groups etc, which are popular in Japan. It happens. I couldn't find a room at any of the IHG properties in Seoul on one of the weekends in March at all, for instance. I've no idea why though.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 11:26 am

With the exception of last years earthquake I have never ever in 30 years of staying at a NRT airport hotel had a situation when a place was fully booked. Just doesn't happen. As it turns out in this case it's a computer problem. The hotel did call me, International Long Distance, apologized for the inconvenience and confirmed my reservation. Interestingly, I was told by an IHG rep that even if a hotel is fully booked they guarantee a room for Platinum members. No idea, how that works, maybe they send you to another hotel, but good to know that's an option.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Feb 25, 2012, 1:39 pm
htb

Programs: UA*G(1K), PC Diamond Amb, Marriott Titanium, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by EXLEFTSEAT
Interestingly, I was told by an IHG rep that even if a hotel is fully booked they guarantee a room for Platinum members. No idea, how that works, maybe they send you to another hotel, but good to know that's an option.
It's a standard PLAT benefit: "guaranteed room availability if booked 72 hrs in advance". Need to call the PC service center. They'll give you a room and if necessary walk someone else to another hotel.

It works well, unless the hotel is fully booked due to a "special event", leading to unusual high demand for rooms -- so the guarantee is not worth so much...

HTB.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:32 am

Programs: AA LifeTime PLT (2.982 MM, But 3MM+ Total), HHonors GOLD, IHG AMB
The rates for this hotel has just doubled.

What used to be rooms for a terrific 6000 yen to 7000 yen a night for the CP Narita are now 12,000 yen throughout.....a rare position, I might find 9800 yen.

Energy costs? Strong yen issues? Lack of tourists? Exleftseat's phone-call?

Spock Seat @:-)
Old Mar 26, 2012, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by Spock Seat
What used to be rooms for a terrific 6000 yen to 7000 yen a night for the CP Narita are now 12,000 yen throughout.....a rare position, I might find 9800 yen.

Energy costs? Strong yen issues? Lack of tourists? Exleftseat's phone-call?

Spock Seat @:-)
Never got rooms in the 6-7000 yen range, but still booking at 8360 yen which gives me the upgrade. Keep in mind that's the one person rate, that silly add-on per additional guest beginning with the second guest is ridiculous.
When I was there last week the hotel was full with Chinese visitors, I think that's the majority of their business now. I would have thought that the closure of the HI Tobu would bring biz to the CP, but the Tobu shuttle was full while I was the only guest in the CP shuttle. I see the rate increase on the website as well, at that rate the Hilton looks attractive again.
Old Jun 12, 2013, 1:53 pm

Any recent experiences with CP Narita ?

I am considering a quick overnight stay at CP Narita . I am choosing between CP Narita and Hilton Narita and am curious if anyone has any recent experience at CP Narita. I am a Platinum and if any Platinums have been there , please advise what benefits, if any , you were given. Thanks for any info !
Old Jun 15, 2013, 3:12 am

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
I am considering a quick overnight stay at CP Narita . I am choosing between CP Narita and Hilton Narita and am curious if anyone has any recent experience at CP Narita. I am a Platinum and if any Platinums have been there , please advise what benefits, if any , you were given.
Wife just returned from a two night stay there, and was happy with it overall.
She said no free wifi even for plat. Nice hotel in terms of lobby and room appearance. You have to find the special button on the remote to get some TV stations in a language other than Japanese. There is a small snack store if you are desperate for cheap packaged food in your room. There is a 24-hour gym next door with a pool. Go outside and up the stair. No AC in the gym. Convenient shuttle to airport and Narita town. There is nothing in the immediate vicinity of the hotel.

Generally speaking, I found IHG plat means nothing at IHG properties in Japan. Still, for about $74 a night, this hotel is a bargain.

Last edited by Bowgie; Jun 15, 2013 at 1:36 pm
Old Jun 15, 2013, 1:34 pm

Programs: IHG Spire Amb, HH Diamond, DL Diamond and 1MM

Last edited by Bowgie; Jun 15, 2013 at 1:37 pm Reason: accidental double post; please delete
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:16 pm

Programs: # Neodymium #
Update on CP Narita airport:
Plats get recognition - free wifi was given, plus free drink coupon, plus upgraded room.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.