Crowne Plaza ANA - Narita (Master Thread)

Old Aug 21, 2010, 1:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Stayed there last weekend. Not a bad redemption for PB, but here's my overall impression.

- Was "upgraded" from a reserved two double beds to a king. Room was small and didn't seem anything special though.
- Got a handwritten note from the GM which was nice and 1 bottle of vitamin water.
- No club/lounge here, no free internet
- I could have gotten a free drink in the restaurant if I bought a meal according to the letter I got
- Letter also stated I could have gotten 1 small bottle of free sake

Overall, not super impressed with the benefits and I left them these comments. But for a PB hotel that let me check out Narita it wasn't bad.
Old Feb 8, 2011, 10:25 am

Crowne Plaza ANA - Narita (Master Thread)

I have booked the Crowne Plaza ANA in Narita (NRT) for 2 weeks as a point breaks reward booking. I will be checking in on Thursday. I stayed in HI Nord Zara in Milan last month for 8 days and I got multiple requests about the hotel stay from members on this forum.

So, as a gester, I thought it would be a good idea that if you have any questions about this hotel that you ask me before I check in so I may answer them and document them. Otherwise, I will be writing a brief review here.

I will be flying Lufthansa into Narita and ANA out. Currently booked in C. I will let you know if there are any special perks for staying at an ANA branded hotel for those flying ANA in C.

See you soon!

CP ANA Narita

I have booked the Crowne Plaza ANA in Narita (NRT) for 2 weeks as a point breaks reward booking. I will be checking in on Thursday. I stayed in HI Nord Zara in Milan last month for 8 days and I got multiple requests about the hotel stay from members on this forum.

So, as a gester, I thought it would be a good idea that if you have any questions about this hotel that you ask me before I check in so I may answer them and document them. Otherwise, I will be writing a brief review here.

I will be flying Lufthansa into Narita and ANA out. Currently booked in C. I will let you know if there are any special perks for staying at an ANA branded hotel for those flying ANA in C.

See you soon!

***Can't upload pictures... stranded in some strange Chinese hotel with crappy internet. ***

I booked the hotel for 13 days. I arrived at Narita airport with Lufthansa in business. Even with a booking at the ANA hotel I was not able to get into the ANA arrivals lounge.

Bus Services:
Please check http://www.anacrowneplaza-narita.jp/english/access/ for the bus timetable. I arrived 5 minutes too late for my late morning bus from the airport. The next one was one hour later. There are many hotels near the ANA but they do not share airport buses.

The bus goes past the hotel because it is too large to fit in the tunnel that goes under the highway. It turns around just after the Hilton. The recording claims this is for our safety... but I don't think the maneuvers the bus does is safer than ANA using a bus that can fit into under the tunnel.

The hotel shares a bus with the hotel next door that goes to the Aeon shopping mall about 10 minutes away. This bus also goes to the Narita train station.

The hotel runs an additional bus to the one above almost every hour that goes directly to train station.

The hotel does not run as many bus services as other competing hotels such as the Hilton.

They announce in the lobby whenever a bus is ready to depart.

The hotel staff bowed at every bus arrival and departure that I was on. There was a stretch limo out front. Never saw it being used.

Check in:
Was greeted by a bell lady who took everything from me and brought it to my room once I was checked in. Check in was smooth. I was first upgraded to the 11th floor. After I was given my key the gentleman told me to hand it back to him and I was upgraded to the 15th floor. Staff speak enough English for most things but had difficulty understanding more complicated questions. They had no English maps of Tokyo. It seems to be quiet common in IHG hotels to be out of maps. They did have a map of the subway.

After 10 minutes of being in the hotel the doorbell to my room rang and they delivered me chocolates and a hand written personally addressed thank you card. Someone has been reading Dale Carnegie.

At checkout I was in a rush (the line was too long and the bus was leaving) and I checked out by phone from the airport. All went okay.

The room:
I got upgraded to the 15th floor to an airport view room. The noise from the close by runway is silent when planes are landing. You can hear a boom when planes are taking off. The runway switches back and forth in between take offs and landings every couple of hours.

I took a lot of photos of the room. I'll upload them when I get normal internet access.

The bed was harder than American beds but softer - way softer - than Chinese beds.

The room came with a cordless iron. If you want to use the iron move the slider up while it is on the base otherwise it will not be doing anything. Most of the high tech gadgetry in the room is in Japanese.

The toilet was a high tech Japanese one. It did not have as many buttons as the one on the second floor but it had everything that Japanese toilets are renowned for.

The room looked new so I guess it must have been recently refurbished.

The TV had 1-2 channels that may be interesting to Westerners. Otherwise please resort to your computer for entertainment.

The hotel provide this kit called sleep advantage design by a sleeping consultant. It includes eye warmers, bath powder, and special teas.

The Internet:
100 Mbits fast! Oh, how I miss this Internet. They made the Internet free for me because I was staying for 13 days. There is no wifi in the hotel but it seemed like a couple of people were opening up their own networks in the hotel.

The hotel:
The hotel is next to the ANA catering company. With the amount of trucks going back and forth it seems like ANA has ended world hunger.

Next to the hotel is the hotel's gym, sauna, etc. The washing machine is also there. The washing machine is a new high tech steam machine. The same machine dries your clothes and dispenses laundry liquid. I don't remember how much it cost but was quiet costly (500 yen rings a bell).

The hotel has three restaurants. I didn't look at any of them but other reviews say they are all costly.

Traveling to Tokyo from the hotel:
I went to Tokyo a few times. If you time yourself well it should take about 1:30 hours taking the cheaper limited stop subway service. Time yourself badly and you could be taking a lot longer. I advise checking Google maps to make sure you are not stuck at the airport waiting for your train because you took the bus at the wrong time. While there are always trains leaving the airport you could be waiting 20 minutes for the service you want. The subway costs 1000 yen and takes about 70 minutes. The bus to terminal 2 where you catch the subway takes 10 minutes. Make sure to bring your passport as airport security will want to see it. Otherwise you will hold up the whole bus as you fill in some paperwork.

I enjoyed my stay at the ANA Crowne Plaza. I would stay again.

Last edited by Shimon; Jun 19, 2014 at 2:23 pm

***Can't upload pictures... stranded in some strange Chinese hotel with crappy internet. ***

I booked the hotel for 13 days. I arrived at Narita airport with Lufthansa in business. Even with a booking at the ANA hotel I was not able to get into the ANA arrivals lounge.

Bus Services:
Please check http://www.anacrowneplaza-narita.jp/english/access/ for the bus timetable. I arrived 5 minutes too late for my late morning bus from the airport. The next one was one hour later. There are many hotels near the ANA but they do not share airport buses.

The bus goes past the hotel because it is too large to fit in the tunnel that goes under the highway. It turns around just after the Hilton. The recording claims this is for our safety... but I don't think the maneuvers the bus does is safer than ANA using a bus that can fit into under the tunnel.

The hotel shares a bus with the hotel next door that goes to the Aeon shopping mall about 10 minutes away. This bus also goes to the Narita train station.

The hotel runs an additional bus to the one above almost every hour that goes directly to train station.

The hotel does not run as many bus services as other competing hotels such as the Hilton.

They announce in the lobby whenever a bus is ready to depart.

The hotel staff bowed at every bus arrival and departure that I was on. They must have thought I was a prince like how BMI thinks that I am. There was a stretch limo out front. Never saw it being used.

Check in:
Was greeted by a bell lady who took everything from me and brought it to my room once I was checked in. Check in was smooth. I was first upgraded to the 11th floor. After I was given my key the gentleman told me to hand it back to him and I was upgraded to the 15th floor. Staff speak enough English for most things but had difficulty understanding more complicated questions. They had no English maps of Tokyo. It seems to be quiet common in IHG hotels to be out of maps. They did have a map of the subway.

After 10 minutes of being in the hotel the doorbell to my room rang and they delivered me chocolates and a hand written personally addressed thank you card. Someone has been reading Dale Carnegie.

At checkout I was in a rush (the line was too long and the bus was leaving) and I checked out by phone from the airport. All went okay.

The room:
I got upgraded to the 15th floor to an airport view room. The noise from the close by runway is silent when planes are landing. You can hear a boom when planes are taking off. The runway switches back and forth in between take offs and landings every couple of hours.

I took a lot of photos of the room. I'll upload them when I get normal internet access.

The bed was harder than American beds but softer - way softer - than Chinese beds.

The room came with a cordless iron. If you want to use the iron move the slider up while it is on the base otherwise it will not be doing anything. Most of the high tech gadgetry in the room is in Japanese.

The toilet was a high tech Japanese one. It did not have as many buttons as the one on the second floor but it had everything that Japanese toilets are renowned for.

The room looked new so I guess it must have been recently refurbished.

The TV had 1-2 channels that may be interesting to Westerners. Otherwise please resort to your computer for entertainment.

The hotel provide this kit called sleep advantage design by a sleeping consultant. It includes eye warmers, bath powder, and special teas.

The Internet:
100 Mbits fast! Oh, how I miss this Internet. They made the Internet free for me because I was staying for 13 days. There is no wifi in the hotel but it seemed like a couple of people were opening up their own networks in the hotel.

The hotel:
The hotel is next to the ANA catering company. With the amount of trucks going back and forth it seems like ANA has ended world hunger.

Next to the hotel is the hotel's gym, sauna, etc. The washing machine is also there. The washing machine is a new high tech steam machine. The same machine dries your clothes and dispenses laundry liquid. I don't remember how much it cost but was quiet costly (500 yen rings a bell).

The hotel has three restaurants. I didn't look at any of them but other reviews say they are all costly.

Traveling to Tokyo from the hotel:
I went to Tokyo a few times. If you time yourself well it should take about 1:30 hours taking the cheaper limited stop subway service. Time yourself badly and you could be taking a lot longer. I advise checking Google maps to make sure you are not stuck at the airport waiting for your train because you took the bus at the wrong time. While there are always trains leaving the airport you could be waiting 20 minutes for the service you want. The subway costs 1000 yen and takes about 70 minutes. The bus to terminal 2 where you catch the subway takes 10 minutes. Make sure to bring your passport as airport security will want to see it. Otherwise you will hold up the whole bus as you fill in some paperwork.

I enjoyed my stay at the ANA Crowne Plaza. I would stay again.
Old Feb 9, 2011, 9:17 pm

I have checked in. I must say I am loving the 50mbit/20mbit internet I am getting according to the speed tests. They advertise it as 100mbit. They didn't mention anything about checking in too early. They wanted to charge me for internet access daily. I ask them if they can give me a special rate and they made it free. Hope they don't cause any problems at checkout.

Review to come soon!
Old Feb 9, 2011, 11:15 pm

Programs: FB,BD,LH,EK,PC,HH,MR
Hi Shimon,

I am considering this hotel as an alternative to Tokyo. Have you tried going to Tokoyo already by train? I know there is a free shuttle from the hotel to the train station and would love to know how long is the travel time.

Did you get any upgrade using points?

Thanks!^
Jex
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:34 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Shimon
They didn't mention anything about checking in too early.
What time did you check-in?
Old Feb 10, 2011, 8:37 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by jexelot
On last round of PB stays I was always upgraded to corner junior suite, without club lounge access. Did not ask for it, but I don't think they have club lounge anyway. Nevertheless, I may be an exception, as the front desk manager knows me from my stays in IC ANA Tokyo.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by jexelot
Hi Shimon,

I am considering this hotel as an alternative to Tokyo. Have you tried going to Tokoyo already by train? I know there is a free shuttle from the hotel to the train station and would love to know how long is the travel time.

Thanks!^
Jex
I'll be going to Tokyo in the next couple of days.

I was not upgraded to a suite but I was given an airport view aka the side that gets sun light. I am not a plat this year but I am a gold ambassador.

Sorry guys I have been a bit busy so the review is coming soon.
Old Feb 15, 2011, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by spunk_tokyo
What time did you check-in?
Some time in between 10am and 11am.
Old Feb 21, 2011, 1:31 am

I stayed here a few days ago.

Not incredibly impressed overall but the internet was really fast - up to 70 up and 20 down. Best 735 yen I've ever spent.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 2:24 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards, Star Alliance, PC Plat Amb, Delta
2 day PB stay

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/15922742-post2500.html
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:15 am

Review posted. I didn't get to proof read it. If I need to make any corrections please PM me.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Shimon
Wasn't there a bilingual button on the remote control? (I realise this button is rarely labelled in English)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.