Crowne Plaza ANA - Narita (Master Thread)

Old Jun 12, 2009, 4:04 pm

Programs: LH SEN, PC RA, misc
Originally Posted by GrizShel
27 minutes for a hotel that is suppose to be adjacent to the airport??
This does not sound good. Is there a way to walk to the hotel that will take less time?
Not really. You can walk to the HI, through the security border, it's closer from T2. The CP is about 1200m down the "road", which is really a highway flanked by car rental facilities and parking lots. You can check it out on Google Earth. Not practical with luggage, for sure.

With the old route where T1 was the last stop, it took 15min from arrivals to hotel. Most of the time is spent in front of red traffic lights, and letting oncoming traffic pass at turns. You see, the bus goes all the way past the Hilton and then back on the same road. This is "for security reasons" (on-board announcement), as there is a very narrow tunnel below the highway right in front of the CP, which they skip just to make the turn 2km later.

What bugs me about the new shuttle routing, is that the bus passes the same places twice because there is only so many ways to leave the airport gates. It feels like going in circles.
rt23456p likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:39 pm

Programs: Willamette Valley Cropdusters Silver Elite, National Tent Frequent Stay program, Ed's Rent-a-tractor
I usually stay at my old standby, the HI Tobu Narita, but will be giving the CP Narita a try in a few weeks (At the 4,000 Yen 72 Hour Sale price, I couldn't resist.) The downside to me with the CP is that park-and-fly free parking is limited to just 7 days with a stay (and 2,000 Yen per day beyond that), while the HI offers 14 days free parking.
Old Jun 12, 2009, 9:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Yamanote
What bugs me about the new shuttle routing, is that the bus passes the same places twice because there is only so many ways to leave the airport gates. It feels like going in circles.
What a waste. Doing their part to contribute to OPEC and accelerate global warming I guess. I'll be sure to have something out to read on the bus at least.
Old Jun 28, 2009, 3:35 pm

Programs: AA Plat, UA Silver, DL Silver, Marriott Titanium, etc.
Originally Posted by Yamanote
Not sure if it was mentioned already.
Both ANA CP Narita and HI Narita are now charging JPY 1050 for using the pool/sauna/health club. Even if you just want to take a quick dip.
Back in March 2009, it was still free for in-house guests, at least in CP Narita.

They also recently altered the shuttle bus route. From the airport, now the bus goes from T1 -> T2 -> U-turn@intersection -> Hotel, taking 27 Minutes in total from scheduled departure time at T1 arrival bus stop.

Platinum gift is still Japanese candy in room. No visible upgrade given, unless "high floor room" counts.
It took almost exactly 1 hour to get to the Crowne Plaza hotel including the 30 minute wait at the bus stop.

Yep still charging for the health facilities, and no mention of the facilities available at check-in. And the within hotel store still does not take anything but yen for payment, and the lady didn't seem too keen on making a sale anyway. So it was about 10 minutes to exchange a few dollars for yen at the front desk at 86 yen/ dollar. The front desk seems used to dealing with this particular question / complaint; apparently they are determined to maintain this policy for reasons that are a mystery to me.

Shuttle to Narita city only runs a few times a day, at something like 6, 7, 10 am, 2 pm, and a few more in the evening.

And the Flyertalk search tool is all messed up. It repeatedly told me there were no posts in this forum with the word "Narita" in them since 2006 , so it took a long time to find this thread.
Old Jan 2, 2010, 6:59 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
I usually stay at Hilton when I have to stay in Narita. Hilton was fully booked and I decided to stay at CP Narita last night. I booked the cheapest rate and upgraded to a twin room with airport view. Yes, the beds were new after they became CP, but I didn't think it was nice at all. The upgraded twin was still too small to open even 2 suitcases. The cheap looking wallpaper reminded me of a business hotel near my hometown in Kyushu.
Old Jan 3, 2010, 8:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I stayed here in September and wasn't impressed at all. Very small room, nothing to do at the hotel. The hot water, was very nice, and came on instantly in the shower.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 11:00 pm

Programs: AA lifetime GOLD, but still an AA Baby compare to people here. CX nobody. BR Silver.
Few questions regarding the hotel in Narita area.
1) Does Plat get upgrade in HI? If yes, what kind of room? Is the room in HI typically old?
2) Does HI still run shuttle hourly between HI and Aeon?
3) Does CP have shuttle to Aeon? If yes, how often?
4) If CP is in the middle of nowhere, is it still worth to stay in CP because it is a CP?

Thanks
Old Jan 23, 2010, 4:55 am

Programs: IHG, BA
I stayed at the CP last October.

I booked a room 1 level below the Japanese suite, in the hope of scoring an upgrade into it.
The upgrade never happened though.

The hotel is not too far away and they have a shuttle bus to the hotel.

I only stayed the 1 night, and the hotel was VERY quiet. There didn't seem much to do there.

Room was quite small but adequate. I took a taxi into Narita town instead of eating/drinking at the hotel.
That was well worth it! A very nice small town with some good restaurants and bars.

Overall, I would stay here again.
Old Jan 29, 2010, 5:36 am

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by yuchung5
Few questions regarding the hotel in Narita area.
1) Does Plat get upgrade in HI? If yes, what kind of room? Is the room in HI typically old?
2) Does HI still run shuttle hourly between HI and Aeon?
3) Does CP have shuttle to Aeon? If yes, how often?
4) If CP is in the middle of nowhere, is it still worth to stay in CP because it is a CP?

Thanks
Yes, Plats usually get upgraded to a large room at HI, which I think larger than the upgraded room at CP. The HI rooms are a bit old. HI have shuttle to Aeon and JR Narita station almost every hour. CP runs a shuttle to Aeon every 2 or 3 hours and to Keisei Narita station almost every hour. Both HI and CP are in the middle of nowhere, but the frequest shuttle service makes it easier to access cheap and good restaurants at the airport or in Narita city. HI is great for mattress runs because of the low rate.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 6:24 am

I will stay Cp Narita next week.
I am platinum AMB.
What benefit I can have?
Thank you.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ASIANTRAVELLER
I am platinum AMB.
What benefit I can have?
Thank you.
Please report back, it's on the PB list so I'm planning on staying there soon. Just haven't pulled the trigger yet...
Old Aug 4, 2010, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by GrizShel
27 minutes for a hotel that is suppose to be adjacent to the airport??
This does not sound good. Is there a way to walk to the hotel that will take less time?
Obviously you've never been to Narita. You won't find anything much closer or faster to get to though IIRC there is a Mercure (French chain) in Narita town right next to the RR station.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 10:44 am

Originally Posted by ASIANTRAVELLER;
I am platinum AMB.
What benefit I can have?
Thank you.
If you are lucky, they may smile a little more and bow a little deeper - I have never gotten much recognition at this hotel, and therefore prefer to spend my layovers at the Hilton nearby...much better hotel, much better service.
Old Aug 4, 2010, 1:11 pm

Programs: IHG, BA
I will be staying here again in 2 weeks.

Cancelled my reservation at the HI in favour of a 5K PB stay at the CP.

I'm not expecting much in terms of any upgrade etc, but hey, maybe they are empty and will do so??

Will report back what happens. In any case, if it's a hotel for a 1 night stay, for 5K it's a steal.
Old Aug 21, 2010, 10:31 am

Programs: NW Diamond, LH SEN, PC Spire - RA, TG PlatHyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by voop
If you are lucky, they may smile a little more and bow a little deeper - I have never gotten much recognition at this hotel, and therefore prefer to spend my layovers at the Hilton nearby...much better hotel, much better service.
No verbal recognition as a Plat member, but was told that upgraded room was assigned to my PB reservation. I was also given a bilingual letter explained the PCR & Plat member benefits at CP Narita.

They even go to the extend highlighting that Plat member benefits includes "upgrade to the best available room". The Japanese wording only stated "room will be "room upgrade".

They have 2 bottles of Vitamin Water instead the normal Japanese sweets waiting for us at the room.^

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.