Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > InterContinental Hotels | IHG One Rewards and Intercontinental Ambassador
Reload this Page >

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

InterContinental Davos, Switzerland - Master Thread (leaving IC on May 31, 2021)

Old Apr 7, 2017, 12:14 pm

Programs: IHG RA; Avis First
Originally Posted by Chinatrvl
What exactly would you like to know? Lounge is open and decent.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/27714589-post23.html
What da?!?!? No upgrade AND no Lounge?! Last time I was there was summer of 2015 and before that was 2014, I got a Suite Upgrade and substitute Lounge access since it was closed. I used points in 2014 and Amb Weekend Cert in 2015.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 1:45 pm

Has anyone visited Davos lately?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:00 pm

I visit Davos often. Whats your specific question?
Old Oct 5, 2018, 2:32 pm

Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I visit Davos often. Whats your specific question?
Planning to stay here next year probably summer time, since I doubt I will be RA anymore next year, how is their upgrade for a "Spire Ambassador"? Do they open the lounge during summer or only during winter still. Seems they change people often there too. When I was RA I had free breakfast since Lounge was closed.
Old Oct 5, 2018, 10:29 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
How far into summer do you plan to go? Have you checked room availability already for your desired dates? In past years, I recall they shut the hotel down for a few months as operations costs outstripped earnings during summer periods.
Old Oct 7, 2018, 3:44 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by BRAISKI
Planning to stay here next year probably summer time, since I doubt I will be RA anymore next year, how is their upgrade for a "Spire Ambassador"? Do they open the lounge during summer or only during winter still. Seems they change people often there too. When I was RA I had free breakfast since Lounge was closed.
I got the standard 1-category upgrade from a Club IC Room to an Alpine Executive Suite (which is a great room) as a Spire Ambassador, already shortly after my booking. During my last visit at the end of July, the Club was open and there were probably 20 guests that had Club access. (two years before in mid-September, the Club was closed). The club only opens at noon and breakfast is served in the main restaurant (free of course for Club guests).
Old Feb 17, 2019, 11:15 am
Fiz

Received an upgrade to a deluxe room I'm told today on a Chase free night. Only have IHG Platinum from the CC. Hotel has met my expectations though, no complaints, including the free drinks in the mini bar.. Also free parking is available next to the entrance portico if you're lucky enough to see an open spot.
Boraxo likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 6:17 am

Programs: LH SEN**, IHG Diamond Ambassador
When booking another stay, I stumbled across this sentence in the room description fort the Club IC King Rooms and room categories above: "Exclusive access to Club lounge incl except if upgrade", which I think is a quite recent addition to the room description.
I booked a Club IC King Room and was already upgraded to an Alpine Executive Suite shortly after booking for a stay in August. Is there a change in policy that I will loose Club access due to the upgrade? Or does this sentence only apply if your initial booking does not include Club access and you are upgraded to a Club room?
Old May 28, 2019, 6:19 am

Programs: IHG
If you've booked Club, you'll get access. The upgrade will not affect this.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 1:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Concorde Room Card, Hilton Diamond
Does anyone have recommendations for ski/boot rental and getting to/from the lifts?
Old Jan 21, 2020, 3:25 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
They have a free shuttle to the various lifts, on the best ski rental I cannot comment. However they have a branch of the largest sport retailer of Davos in house.
Old Jan 21, 2020, 4:41 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I rented cross country ski & shoes from them for a day, price wasn't too bad, but I really can't recall how much. Think I charged it to the room. Anyways, definitely convenient.
Old May 7, 2020, 5:28 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
does anybody what is going on here, as I cannot find any availability during the complete summer season? At the beginning of the winter season the rate for a superior room is a whopping 1145 CHF per night
Old May 7, 2020, 6:46 am

Programs: QF PLAT (OW Emerald), TK Elite (*G), IHG Dia Royal Amb, GHA Titanium, Hilton Gold, Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by boekel
does anybody what is going on here, as I cannot find any availability during the complete summer season? At the beginning of the winter season the rate for a superior room is a whopping 1145 CHF per night
I have already three reservations for coming summer. At the moment is not possible to make new reservations for the summer season. Reason not known. Earlier today I emailed the hotel to ask why. Wil report.....
Old May 7, 2020, 12:22 pm

According to their reception desk hotline they are waiting until the end of May for a decision of their government if big conferences are allowed this summer in Switzerland due to COVID-19. Because more 2/3 of their guests in summer are conference delegates they are waiting for a decision of the "Bundesrat" if an opening is possible and therefore make economically sense... So let's keep fingers crossed...
marcel.baden likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.