Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2014, 1:41 pm

I have had 2 HI stays so far, and both have posted properly to my Big Win promotions on the status page except for "IHG mobile app booking" where neither stay has posted, yet. I had noticed that no one had been getting credit for these, so I wasn't too worried. But today, I see where people are starting to see their activity updated for this promotion. I booked both stays through the IHG website on my laptop, but the terms & conditions state that you can book through any "IHG web or mobile app." Has anyone booked through the IHG website and received credit for this? Thanks!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:00 pm

Originally Posted by 10SNE1
I have had 2 HI stays so far, and both have posted properly to my Big Win promotions on the status page except for "IHG mobile app booking" where neither stay has posted, yet. I had noticed that no one had been getting credit for these, so I wasn't too worried. But today, I see where people are starting to see their activity updated for this promotion. I booked both stays through the IHG website on my laptop, but the terms & conditions state that you can book through any "IHG web or mobile app." Has anyone booked through the IHG website and received credit for this? Thanks!
Yes, I booked two through IHG website and two through app. They have all been posted in the "mobile app booking" activity.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 2:17 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by olegator
It's a same Brand.
Interesting. I just called IHG and they said it was different brands. Of course it was their offshore center so you never know.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 3:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector
Interesting. I just called IHG and they said it was different brands. Of course it was their offshore center so you never know.
Try to call again
Old Jan 27, 2014, 4:16 pm

Try to call again
Same story. HI, HI Express, HI Select - all different brands according to CSR.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:34 pm

I've just checked and my first stay has registered correctly onto the big win site with all components registered - including the book with us.

My stay posted on Thursday and has registered in the big win site today which is inline with the initial big win promotion.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
Holiday Inn Select – These upper-range full-service hotels cater to business travelers. In 2006 it was announced that Holiday Inn Select hotels would be discontinued. Existing hotels may continue to operate under the Holiday Inn Select flag until their existing license expires, however many are converting to Crowne Plaza or regular Holiday Inn hotels, with no further marketing or advertising based around the "Select" moniker. Several Select hotels still remain as of February 2013.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 5:53 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I haven't received credit either. All of my Big Win has posted... but still no post for the book direct. Weird that, since all 3 stays were booked direct. Worrisome!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Have you guys actually received the points themselves in your accounts - or by "posted" do you mean at the Big Win tracker?
Old Jan 27, 2014, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by Points Scrounger
Have you guys actually received the points themselves in your accounts - or by "posted" do you mean at thWin tracker?
They were posted to my account today, including the final bonus.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 8:57 pm

Holiday Inn Select – These upper-range full-service hotels cater to business travelers. In 2006 it was announced that Holiday Inn Select hotels would be discontinued. Existing hotels may continue to operate under the Holiday Inn Select flag until their existing license expires, however many are converting to Crowne Plaza or regular Holiday Inn hotels, with no further marketing or advertising based around the "Select" moniker. Several Select hotels still remain as of February 2013.
Will be interesting to see if it posts under "2 stays at Holiday Inns" or "Stay at 2 different IHG brands" for me.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:19 pm

Thanks for the feedback on my question regarding the "IHG mobile app booking." I asked IHG on twitter today why my two stays have not posted to this particular promotion, but they just said that it takes 6 - 8 weeks which makes no sense since the stays have posted to the other applicable promotions. I guess I need to send them an e-mail asking them to investigate.

Data points regarding other questions that I see being asked: I had my first stay at a "Holiday Inn" on Sat 1/11, and the stay posted on the Big Win site on Thursday 1/16 for progress on all appropriate promotions except the mobile app. I had my second stay at a "Holiday Inn Club Vacations" on Sat 1/18, and it updated on the Big Win site yesterday Sun 1/26 to all applicable promotions except again for the mobile app. This second stay allowed me to complete two promotions: Win in a Weekend (2 Sat night stays) and Change Your View (2 stays at a Holiday Inn). So the HI Club Vacations does count as a HI. The points for these 2 promotions showed up in my IHG account today (Mon 1/27) which is one day after posting on the Big Win site.

One other data point: I recently learned about IHG promo codes and tried to register for all of them (of course most did not work). This was done between my two stays mentioned above, and I earned over 21k points for my second stay! I certainly would have missed out on most of the points I have received if it were not for the insight of all of you - thank you!
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Okay ...I just had the points for staying two Saturdays post to my IHG account, but not the 100 survey completion ones!
Old Jan 31, 2014, 2:44 pm

I e-mailed IHG Rewards Club to see why my 2 stays have posted to all of my Big Win offers except for the "IHG mobile app booking" offer. Again, I booked both stays through the IHG website on my laptap, and the T&C's seem to say that this is ok (qualifying stays are booked on any IHG web or mobile app….). I could not believe the e-mail reply apparently asking for my login pin #! The e-mail is very cordial but included the following:

We have received your inquiry regarding the qualification of your hotel stay for the Big Win 2014 promotion. As much as we want to hel you, unfortunately, we are unable to open our access as of the moment due to system maintenance.

In regards with this, may we request you to provide the log in details that you used in accessing and viewing the Big Win website on your end. Upon receiving, we will do the checking for you and give you an update afterwards.

I sent an e-mail back to them to clarify if they are indeed asking for my pin #. This just doesn't seem right to me, and I am a little concerned that this e-mail may not really be from IHG. The sketchy English also heightens my suspicions. Has anyone had this experience before? Maybe it is fine to send my pin # to them. I have changed my pin #, and if I send it to them, I will certainly change it again once the issue is resolved.
Old Jan 31, 2014, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ithe T&C's seem to say that this is ok (qualifying stays are booked on any IHG web or mobile app….).
The T&Cs are nebulous because of the term "web ... app".

However, I was told by IHG CS that booking on the IHG website does count.

However, I "figure out" the links in the T&Cs. It says for a list of our IHG web and mobile booking apps click here, but that is actually the link for participating hotels (which kinda doesn't work anyway!). It's the next link (for participating airlines) that is the web and mobile app link:

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/global/support/mobile

And if click that link, and you keep scrolling down past the phone apps, it turns out there is one such thing as a web app: A Holiday Inn app for Window 8.

So I hope they didn't mean that it had to be booked by something on that list (which I bet most people never found, because of the messed-up links). I happen to have Windows 8[.1] on my own computer (though I book "straight to desktop" and try to avoid the tiles as much as I can), but I tend to do most of my hotel bookings on my work computer, and they don't support anythig newer than Windows 7 at my work. Oh, and I've already satisfied my Holiday Inn bookings, it's other brands I need to book now; can you even book other brands on an HI-specific app???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.