Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: SQ
Apologies in advance if my question has been answered.

My 'spend it to win it' hasn't posted yet, while everything else has.

My guess is that it is tied to my card statement somehow. Is this consistent with other's experiences?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
I read in this forum that staying at Holiday Inn Express wont satisfy the requirement for staying Holiday Inn. Will staying at Holiday inn Hotel and Suites satisfy the criteria?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 7:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Yes, Holiday Inn and Suites would work.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Points are now posting... slowly. For my Big Win all show as completed within the Big Win website except the "Book with IHG" offer and obviously the Big Win. However, not all those points have credited to my account yet. I did book all my stays on the IHG website so I assume it will eventually credit properly - although it is a bit disconcerting that it hasn't shown any progress. Has anyone had this particular offer credited properly?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:50 pm

I had some problems with "mobile app booking". I did book two nights by using app and complete the stays but BW only showed one night. What's more weird is that the one night it shows is on 04/01/2014... Maybe ihg and I are in two different worlds with different time.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: AA Gold
[QUOTE=benzemalyonnais;22216682]Apologies in advance if my question has been answered.

My guess is that it is tied to my card statement somehow. Is this consistent with other's experiences?[/QUOTE

Mine was definitely related to the billing date for my credit card. Just be patient.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: WN A+ CP, UA 1MM/*A Gold, Mar LT Tit, IHG Plat, HH Dia
Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais

My guess is that it is tied to my card statement somehow. Is this consistent with other's experiences?
Yes. Mine posted shortly after my credit card statement posted.

This is fairly standard across frequent traveler programs that pay bonuses for particular credit card activity.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:17 am

Originally Posted by lz80521
I had some problems with "mobile app booking". I did book two nights by using app and complete the stays but BW only showed one night. What's more weird is that the one night it shows is on 04/01/2014... Maybe ihg and I are in two different worlds with different time.
Problems with "mobile app" recording, just as I anticipated back in December. And it's the only challenge we can't verify from our own records. Nasty. I've done ALL my bookings on the mobile (after Jan. 1) and it's not showing up. They should just give this one a pass and flag it as "completed".

Last edited by SEAfarer; Jan 25, 2014 at 10:20 am Reason: spelling
Old Jan 25, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
Originally Posted by TravelinSperry
Points are now posting... slowly. For my Big Win all show as completed within the Big Win website except the "Book with IHG" offer and obviously the Big Win. However, not all those points have credited to my account yet. I did book all my stays on the IHG website so I assume it will eventually credit properly - although it is a bit disconcerting that it hasn't shown any progress. Has anyone had this particular offer credited properly?
We have the same issue here, stays are being recorded against other targets but not the Book with IHG one.

Hope this sorts itself out!
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:36 am
Suspended

I have a question on:

Change your view
Stay at 4 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 6,400 points

Was it ever determined if this has to be 4 different Holiday Inns? I have several stays coming up, all on different dates (not consecutive) but at the same Holiday Inn. Will these count? I read the terms:

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at Holiday Inn® hotels worldwide. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out.

It doesn't really say anthing about it having to be a different hotel. It just says that the points will be awarded after I eat the required number of nights
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
I have a question on:

Change your view
Stay at 4 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 6,400 points

Was it ever determined if this has to be 4 different Holiday Inns? I have several stays coming up, all on different dates (not consecutive) but at the same Holiday Inn. Will these count? I read the terms:

Must be an IHG® Rewards Club member and must register member number in advance to participate in this promotion. Number of bonus points or bonus miles listed above will be awarded after required number of qualifying room nights have been consumed by the member between January 1, 2014 and April 30, 2014 (both dates inclusive) at Holiday Inn® hotels worldwide. A stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/out.

It doesn't really say anthing about it having to be a different hotel. It just says that the points will be awarded after I eat the required number of nights
Will have to be 4 different based on what has posted for my Big Win 2014.
Old Jan 25, 2014, 12:23 pm

Originally Posted by Schneestarre
Stayed at the IC Berlin on 2014/01/04, booked Best Flexible Rate with breakfast, but with the 10% discount for IHG Rewards Members - as far as I remember, I could only book the rate together with the discount - on the IHG website.

Stay is reflected on the Big Win 2014 dashboard, as of this evening, BUT: it did not count towards the "Start the day off right"-Task and the "IHG mobile app booking".

Called the U.S. Call Center - no immediate help, request is forwarded somewhere, got reference number.

Was asked to forward the original confirmation email of the booking, which, fortunately, I still had, so I did. They told me it would take about 4-7 days for them to figure it out.

If this promo goes on like this, I will think twice about participating in future promos.
If this guy is right it won't count.

Originally Posted by Concerto
Folks, I have a bit of what could be valuable input here. I haven't read a single post on this thread yet, only just finished reading the 2013 Big Win thread, plus catching up with one or two other threads over the holiday season. It's quite a challenge staying abreast of everything.

One of my challenges includes having to book a Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast. I thought I had managed to book this at HI Dusseldorf Ratingen, which also happens to be one of my City Life cities. I would also be knocking out one of my two Saturday night stay challenges with this stay.

Here's the deal: while booking it, I was offered a 10% discount because of it being a Saturday night stay. But when I looked at the print-out (I always make a pdf of these reservations and print them out) I was a bit worried that I didn't see 'Best Flexible Rate' written anywhere. What was written was IHG® Rewards Club Member Exclusive –Flexible with Breakfast.

So I called the hotel, and they were clueless and frankly unhelpful, as was the international call center. Finally, through the chat function on the IHG website I established that the above was not a Best Flexible Rate or anything of the sort, but a different rate code altogether. So, if you are tempted by the 10% discount that staying a Saturday night would offer, then bear in mind that booking it will trigger a different rate code completely, even if it says Flexible somewhere and you end up ticking the Breakfast box.

The chat function offered a much higher rate for the desired Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast, but I managed to book a rate online that worked out 8 Euros higher than my original reservation. You just have to avoid the 10% discount offered if booking a weekend stay, and go for the full Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast, not forgetting to check the box for Breakfast.

By the way, there's seems to be no way to get out of the 20 Euro extra charge for a second person in the room, although the room is sold as a double. It's annoying, but that's the way it is in Germany and Switzerland.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/22075211-post428.html
Old Jan 25, 2014, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Mine are all posting also, except for the "book with us." I hope they get this sorted out or they will have lots of po'd ex guests
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:12 am

Programs: *Wood Gold, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, National Exec Elite
Does HIE and HI count as two separate brands? My stays from 3 weeks back gave me points for other challenges, but not for the stay at 2 different brands. Wondering if this is a glitch or if this is the way it is supposed to work?
Old Jan 26, 2014, 1:29 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, TK*Elite+, EBD, FBG, EKS, IHG Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by thecompdude
Does HIE and HI count as two separate brands? My stays from 3 weeks back gave me points for other challenges, but not for the stay at 2 different brands. Wondering if this is a glitch or if this is the way it is supposed to work?
Yes, they are two separate brands. Sometimes it takes a while. I have seen parts of challenges update and others, which oughta been updated at the same time, clear a week or so later.

Anyhow, email them and ask. Also, provide the booking# for the two bookings etc.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.