Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2014, 7:02 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Originally Posted by travelalot2
Does anybody know how Ambassador certificate weekends rate night(s) are posting under the Big Win, this one or at least the previous one? I am counting on at least first paid night to be posted in my planning. But this always appear after adjustment as overlapping stay so no idea how this will work with this promo.
I actually got 2 elite qualifying nights out of mine, which I wasn't expecting. Since one of my hurdles is 3 Saturday nights, when checking out I asked if the qualifying night could be the Saturday rather than the Friday, but they said they had no control over it.

So, hopefully I'll get lucky, as none of my BW 2014 points have posted yet.

justakiwi
Old Jan 22, 2014, 12:16 pm

Programs: SQ
My 2014 BW is finally updated. Looks to be accurate so far as well
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by benzemalyonnais
My 2014 BW is finally updated. Looks to be accurate so far as well
How long after your qualified nights posted?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:23 pm

Thumbs down stay posted incorrectly

Stayed at the IC Berlin on 2014/01/04, booked Best Flexible Rate with breakfast, but with the 10% discount for IHG Rewards Members - as far as I remember, I could only book the rate together with the discount - on the IHG website.

Stay is reflected on the Big Win 2014 dashboard, as of this evening, BUT: it did not count towards the "Start the day off right"-Task and the "IHG mobile app booking".

Called the U.S. Call Center - no immediate help, request is forwarded somewhere, got reference number.

Was asked to forward the original confirmation email of the booking, which, fortunately, I still had, so I did. They told me it would take about 4-7 days for them to figure it out.

If this promo goes on like this, I will think twice about participating in future promos.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: NZ, IHG, Hilton, Accor, Hertz, FoundersCard
Originally Posted by Schneestarre
Stayed at the IC Berlin on 2014/01/04, booked Best Flexible Rate with breakfast, but with the 10% discount for IHG Rewards Members - as far as I remember, I could only book the rate together with the discount - on the IHG website.

Stay is reflected on the Big Win 2014 dashboard, as of this evening, BUT: it did not count towards the "Start the day off right"-Task and the "IHG mobile app booking"..
A couple of the stays I booked via the app have now appeared but have not counted toward that particular part of the promo yet, so everyone who has that hurdle may be affected. Hopefully they'll fix it soon....

justakiwi
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:02 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum & Ambassdor, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by justakiwi
A couple of the stays I booked via the app have now appeared but have not counted toward that particular part of the promo yet, so everyone who has that hurdle may be affected. Hopefully they'll fix it soon....

justakiwi
In the same boat as we'll. My first stay counted toward all the appropriate categories except book through IHG. My offer was book 3 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,200 points.

I did book via IHG, but I did use a cash back site to book this (Mr Rebates) so I hope that is not why I haven't been credited for this yet.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:14 pm

Programs: SQ
Originally Posted by lz80521
How long after your qualified nights posted?
My stays from the 5th and the 14th posted, not the one from this past weekend.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by justakiwi

justakiwi
Same here, the funny thing is that on the invoices I got
from the last 2 stays it says "android app"
Old Jan 22, 2014, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I'm a bit confused as the "tracker" says I've completed both the survey and the required 2 Sat nights, yet also indicates that I've only fulfilled one of my seven components so far? The two stays I booked via the IHG website in Dec 2013 are NOT showing under the website/android tracker, so I'm assuming that the system really does differentiate by date-of-booking?
Old Jan 22, 2014, 5:25 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Originally Posted by canesfan
In the same boat as we'll. My first stay counted toward all the appropriate categories except book through IHG. My offer was book 3 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,200 points.

I did book via IHG, but I did use a cash back site to book this (Mr Rebates) so I hope that is not why I haven't been credited for this yet.
My situation is similar. I booked twice through IHG - one of which was via a cashback site - and didn't (yet) qualify for "Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 1,900 points".

So, either (1) this one is slower to post than the others (not yet set up), (2) you can't link from a cashback site and still get credit for that promo, or (3) they actually require that you book on the mobile site (not ihg.com), contrary to their wording.
Old Jan 22, 2014, 7:08 pm

All my 7 tasks have been updated on BW website: 5 in halfway and 2 completed (stay at two brands and best flex rate with breakfast). However, BW points have not been posted.

The first qualified stay this year was on 1/11 and posted to my account on 1/17.

So, I guess the timeframe might be "stay-5days later-stay posted-5days later-BW updated-some days later-BW pts posted".
Old Jan 23, 2014, 4:54 am

Programs: Oneworld, Avios and IHG Spire Ambassador
My post from a stay on 13 January posted last night and is accurate.

Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere but do PointBreak stays count towards Big Win status?
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Bloobell
Apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere but do PointBreak stays count towards Big Win status?
No
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:40 am

Originally Posted by BigE
My situation is similar. I booked twice through IHG - one of which was via a cashback site - and didn't (yet) qualify for "Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 1,900 points".

So, either (1) this one is slower to post than the others (not yet set up), (2) you can't link from a cashback site and still get credit for that promo, or (3) they actually require that you book on the mobile site (not ihg.com), contrary to their wording.
+1

One booking thru IHG site didn't qualify for ""Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website", while qualifying for all other parts.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by canesfan
I've been booking EVERYTHING through MrRebates since cashback returned (from a laptop). Everything has qualified, everything has counted for the BW (finally everything is showing on that page) and status (plus I'm getting cashback). 10 separate reservations, so far.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.