The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:21 pm

Breakfast rates

Originally Posted by bearvest
From what I now can see, the checkboxes have disappeared in favour of a rate code

Best to use this, rather than spend a long time arguing with C.S.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...breakfast-rate
Atlanta, Ga has several breakfast rates for Saturdays for around $100 including Holiday Inn. Weekdays a little more or less depending on day.

May be a good way to knock out several tasks at once for those in the area. If anyone needs help checking in to an ATL property, send me a pm.
Old Jan 16, 2014, 11:48 pm

Hello,
One(Start the day off right) of my offers is IHG Great Value Package on the website.
And it is written "Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and receive" in the email.

But how is differents that.

There is no answer from IHG.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by otobi
Hello,
One(Start the day off right) of my offers is IHG Great Value Package on the website.
And it is written "Book 1 stays through the Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast and receive" in the email.

But how is differents that.

There is no answer from IHG.
If I understand your question correctly, 'IHG Great Value Package' is the name of the specific Big Win offer, and 'Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast' is the name of the rate you must book to qualify for that offer.

In other words, look for 'Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast' in the reservation engine, not 'IHG Great Value Package'.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:26 am

So the answer to my question is probably "only IHG knows and even they probably don't", but one of my Big Win tasks is to stay at three different property types. I had a stay at a Candlewood Suites booked but the day of the stay they were overbooked so they moved the reservation to a (much nicer) Holiday Inn and they picked up the tab. Sweet, right? I did explain about the need for a Candlewood stay so the manager very nicely agreed to book me for the next night without charge. That stay just posted (my credit card was not charged, so kudos to them for getting that right) but it's listed as a "non-qualifying stay". Any thoughts on whether that will count for Big Win? Or am I better off doing a mattress run to be safe? Y'know, assuming any of this ever does post, since I've now completed half my tasks with no points or sign on the Big Win site of such
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:38 am

Programs: TK, SQ, TG, NW, PCR, MR, SPG
Originally Posted by monahos
If I understand your question correctly, 'IHG Great Value Package' is the name of the specific Big Win offer, and 'Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast' is the name of the rate you must book to qualify for that offer.

In other words, look for 'Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast' in the reservation engine, not 'IHG Great Value Package'.
Not entirely correct. "Great Value Package" and 'Best Flexible Rate with Breakfast" are mutually exclusive.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 9:05 am
Suspended

I do not believe that IHG knows the answer about the breakfast gig.

At the rollout of this promo, the first oddball thing was the poor language of the t&c ("eat your hotel"). Then we dug deeper into the t&c and found out that HIE t&c was listed under Holiday Inn and vice-versa. So that had to be switched and soon was. Now we are all experiencing the fact that our stays post in our IHG accounts as they happen, but they do not post to Big Win II.

About the breakfast? I don't think IHG even has a clue. I think they are making this promo up as they go, and they are working out the bugs as they go. That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 12:18 pm

Big Win website been completely down the last couple of days....
Old Jan 17, 2014, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by medellinfein
I just had Big Win 14 Points post....and it was the breakfast rate points

*edit....but now that I check the Big Win site that is not updated but the points did post to my account
Old Jan 18, 2014, 12:47 am

Programs: IHG Diamond Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by medellinfein
I've accessed my offer through my offer status in my account ("review your wins"). No problem seeing it and I look daily. Just nothing is posting to it.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 5:23 am

Let's say I will book 2 nights weekend stay using BOGO certificate.

1. Will those 2 nights count for Big Win challenge - count toward number of nights required?

2. Will I have Sat night qualified for Sat nights task within Big Win challenge when staying two night Fri - Sun?

3. Will I have Sat night qualified for Sat nights task within Big Win challenge when staying two night Sat - Mon?

Thank you
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:23 am

Programs: UA PP, 2 MM; IC;
Originally Posted by anwan
Let's say I will book 2 nights weekend stay using BOGO certificate.

1. Will those 2 nights count for Big Win challenge - count toward number of nights required?

2. Will I have Sat night qualified for Sat nights task within Big Win challenge when staying two night Fri - Sun?

3. Will I have Sat night qualified for Sat nights task within Big Win challenge when staying two night Sat - Mon?

Thank you
Probably no to all... if with a bogo...
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Gold, Virgin FC Red
I thought the general advice was that AMB BOGO gives 1 qualifying night and if not you call the Amb number and they fix it?

If the first night of the stay is Saturday, then I would expect credit for 1 and 3. Thats certainly my strategy for Big Win!
Old Jan 18, 2014, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by krward
I just had Big Win 14 Points post....and it was the breakfast rate points

*edit....but now that I check the Big Win site that is not updated but the points did post to my account
In my case, "Change Your View" (based on 2 HI stays) posted 4800 points to my account, but ironically "Start the Day Off Right (which would be based on "Best Flex Rate With Breakfast" used on the first of those 2 HI stays) hasn't posted to my account yet.

And neither of them (nor any progress on any task other the survey) has shown up on the Big Win site yet.
Old Jan 18, 2014, 8:38 pm

Dashboard not working for 2014

Any one having this issue? I may have only two items, but nothing is updated. I have an IC stay, booked through HI website.
Old Jan 19, 2014, 1:32 pm

Points not posting

How long does it take for points to post? It has been more than 12 days

I remember that last time, points were updated every Monday

I'm booking via the web site but not with the links in the dashboard

TIA

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.