Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Big Win returns - Spring 2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:46 pm

Programs: Priority Club Spare ,BA Silver,Iberia Plus,El Al Silver
I have a question about Live the city life.
If few stays in same city counting for this promotion?
Old Jan 7, 2014, 10:47 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA exePlat, AS MVP 75k Gold, JL sapphire, UA silver
the promo offer from the email differs from the promo after i register..
which one should i follow?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 12:50 am

PM me if you wanna swap

Below are my tasks for Big Win 2014, which I think they are kinda difficult for me this quarter.

1. Intercontinental stay
2. China Resort stay (minimum of 3nights) - Anybody else got this?
3. Best Flexible with breakfast

I can swap for the tasks like :

1. Stay in a weekend
2. Stay in HI, CP, HIE
3. Stay in Europe
etc

My point is that, you pay for your own intended stay, I pay for my own intended stay, but put each other name/account number on the reservation.

PM me if you're interested=)

Regards.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:18 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by markr1
I have a question about Live the city life.
If few stays in same city counting for this promotion?
In my case of the fall 2013, it did not count. I had several cities in USA, Canada and Mexico. I stayed at two different properties in LA, but it counted as one. I was unsure about this, so I also stayed at one in Seattle, which counted.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by Dolphinyong
Below are my tasks for Big Win 2014, which I think they are kinda difficult for me this quarter.

1. Intercontinental stay
2. China Resort stay (minimum of 3nights) - Anybody else got this?3. Best Flexible with breakfast

I can swap for the tasks like :

1. Stay in a weekend
2. Stay in HI, CP, HIE
3. Stay in Europe
etc

My point is that, you pay for your own intended stay, I pay for my own intended stay, but put each other name/account number on the reservation.

PM me if you're interested=)

Regards.
the list of hotels is still broken
in my offer The list was shown the resorts in Asia and the Middle East, but it disappeared.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 9:35 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
A couple questions for the veterans:

Change your view: Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 4,800 points: I understand that this excludes Holiday Inn Express (as that's considered a separate brand), but what about Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites. I found a Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites that's more convenient than a hotel just described as a Holiday Inn but won't book it if this is considered a separate brand. T&C only discuss Holiday Inn Resorts and Holiday Inn Club Vacations.

Stay more and earn: Stay a total of 5 nights and earn 8,400 points: Any guess on whether the Christmas promotion rate would count as a qualifying night towards the 5 nights? My understanding is that this rate does not earn any points but it is paid stay:

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/gb/en/glob...christmas-gift
Old Jan 8, 2014, 10:29 am

Programs: BA GGL, NH SFC, IHG Diamond, Radisson VIP, HH Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Stay more and earn: Stay a total of 5 nights and earn 8,400 points: Any guess on whether the Christmas promotion rate would count as a qualifying night towards the 5 nights? My understanding is that this rate does not earn any points but it is paid stay:

My stay at the HI Munich did not count (Fall 2013).
Old Jan 8, 2014, 11:19 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by RA-wannabe
I'm still having this error for 2 of my offers.

Stay at 2 resorts in the following locations and receive 7,200 points.
views.dashboard.offer.r.title

When I tried to look at the List of eligible hotels, there's nothing there....

Spend 190 on food or beverage at any IHG® hotel and receive 800 points.
views.dashboard.offer.r.title

I wonder what are the secret resorts which I have to stay.
Same for me. I stupidly assumed that these glitches would be fixed by the new year,
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:50 pm

Apparently I'm a lucky newcomer with my Big Win offer...

My offer for 2013 was able to be done in 4 nights, including 2 Saturdays. It was for 52K.

The 2014 Big Win offer came when I was still 1 night short of completing 2013. It is the same offer, doable in 4 nights, for 102K total.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 2:52 pm

Change your view: Stay at 2 Holiday Inn® hotels and earn 4,800 points: I understand that this excludes Holiday Inn Express (as that's considered a separate brand), but what about Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites. I found a Holiday Inn Hotel and Suites that's more convenient than a hotel just described as a Holiday Inn but won't book it if this is considered a separate brand. T&C only discuss Holiday Inn Resorts and Holiday Inn Club Vacations.

Does this mean 2 Different Holiday Inn Hotels?
Old Jan 8, 2014, 3:18 pm

Programs: IHG RA (Spire), HH Diamond, MR Platinum, SQ Gold, KLM Gold, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by jasonalanmorgan
My offer for 2013 was able to be done in 4 nights, including 2 Saturdays. It was for 52K.

The 2014 Big Win offer came when I was still 1 night short of completing 2013. It is the same offer, doable in 4 nights, for 102K total.
There are obviously some winners out there hitting a sweet spot which includes yoiurself..... As if you pro-rata the bigwin total per night, for your 4nights, your reward is 25.5K/night

Mine if I was so inclined to attempt it (I am not), my reward would be 195K/27nights = 7.2k/night.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: ゴールデングローブ
Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best

"Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,000 points"

I do not understand the meaning of this condition. Am I forced to make a booking via mobile device (e.g. via Samsung phone) or can I book via Internet on www.ihg.com?

First, I am not aware of any hotel booking website (because all of them go to ihg.com)

Second, I don't understand the BPG in this context
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bearvest
From what I now can see, the checkboxes have disappeared in favour of a rate code

Best to use this, rather than spend a long time arguing with C.S.

http://www.ihg.com/hotels/us/en/glob...breakfast-rate
Originally Posted by tsmith12
Thanks. ^ I was trying to avoid "looking" for hotels offering breakfast. I knew there had to be a simpler, more effective way of directly booking under this rate code...the link "bearvest" posted does just that.
No, it doesn't. That simply the same link from the T&Cs that I was talking about. It shows hotel brands, like Candlewood Suites, that have no breafkast at all, or like Holiday Inn Express and Staybridge Suties, that include breakfast for all in every rate. And yet there's no way to uncheck those brands in that search, so you have to pay attention and gloss over them.

And furthermore, I've seen pull up "best flex rate" at a Holiday Inn instead of "best flex rate plus breakfast" (because that particular Holiday Inn didn't have a "best flex rate plus breakfast".

So that linked search will simply give you the "best flex rate plus breakfast" if the hotel has one, but it'll stilll list the hotel with some other rate if the hotel doesn't have one. So you still have to click through to each hotel to see what the story is.

Furthermore, that linked search doesn't give you "best flex rate plus breakfast" price in the summary list. It gives you the price for whatever the lowest rate is at that hotel. So there's no way to sort hotels by the lowest "best flex rate plus breakfast" price (and IHG has acknowledges that, btw).
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

1, All Holiday Inn subbrands that don't have the word "Express" in them are considered to be the Holiday Inn brand with repsect to this promo. As long as you avoid a hotel that has "Express" in the name, yet stay at a hotel that has "Holiday Inn" in the name, you'll be ok for the Change Your View promo.

2. To qualify for the Big Win promo, a rate has to earn points. Furthermore, the link you provided says not just that it doesn't earn points, but spells out:
Offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion.
So my guess is it wouldn't count for any of the tasks, unless they happen to make a mistake.
Old Jan 8, 2014, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TallestHotelInJapan
"Book 2 separate stays through an IHG® hotel website or mobile device to get our Best Price Guarantee and earn 2,000 points"

I do not understand the meaning of this condition. Am I forced to make a booking via mobile device (e.g. via Samsung phone) or can I book via Internet on www.ihg.com?

First, I am not aware of any hotel booking website (because all of them go to ihg.com)

Second, I don't understand the BPG in this context
You didn't specify what exactly the name of this task is in your Big Win.

For a somewhat similar (but somewhat different) so-called "mobile" booking task, I was told by IHG CS that it can be on ihg.com, it doesn't have to a mobile site, and it doesn't have to be a mobile app.

I've not seen this BPG wording, but I have noticed that while booking the Best Flex Price with Breakfast (for the Start Your Day Off Right task) that whenever you pull up a Best Flex Price in one corner of the rate description it babbles about the Best Price Guarantee. I think they're simply pointing out that it's supposed be the best price. It's marketing!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.