Search

IC Marseille Hotel Dieu Master Thread [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
Whatever your interest, arts, monuments, sports, cafe's, etc. Marseille in general has more than Cannes. Of course it is a much larger city. Google around, or ring up the concierge at the IC for their recommendations.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 8:12 pm

I've had 2 stays at the IC Marseille.Just as the others have reported we were well taken care of.The harbour view terrace suite we were given was excellent.The also allowed my 11 year old daughter into the spa,and compted her as well.Sophisticated as she is,she thought the whole experience was first class.

The hotel food is terrific, but you can walk down the hill to the harbour where there are also some great restaurants.
Old Aug 9, 2015, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
What kind of upgrade do you get? I booked an Executive King, no point dates were open.
Old Jan 13, 2016, 2:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Korean Air Morning Calm Premium Club
Hi!
Has anybody been here recently as a Plat AMB?
I am thinking about booking here in April.
Thanks!
Old Jan 13, 2016, 7:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
I last stayed in November as RA and it was the usual great experience as it previous years. Sorry I don't know the AMB experience, but the hotel is great.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by stimpy
I last stayed in November as RA and it was the usual great experience as it previous years. Sorry I don't know the AMB experience, but the hotel is great.
+1
Old Jan 14, 2016, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy
+ another 1
Old Jan 15, 2016, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by Expat2001
Hi!
Has anybody been here recently as a Plat AMB?
I am thinking about booking here in April.
Thanks!
Yes. As a Plat AMB, I received a one category upgrade and a little bag of lavender as a welcome gift. They seem to treat points and paid reservations the same when it comes to upgrades - they modify the reservation within a couple of days after you make it.
travelista likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by UpInTheAir
Yes. As a Plat AMB, I received a one category upgrade and a little bag of lavender as a welcome gift. They seem to treat points and paid reservations the same when it comes to upgrades - they modify the reservation within a couple of days after you make it.
We got the upgrade, fresh fruit and sparkling water.. The upgraded room was interesting, the room itself looked like the typical room, but the balcony was awesome...
Old Mar 2, 2016, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Anyone know if I can get a free upgrade as an IHG Plat, but not Ambassador? I've booked a free night here next month, but wondering if it's worth it, by the time I've paid €29 pp for breakfast...
Old Mar 3, 2016, 1:51 am

Programs: FB LTPE, BAEC GGL, EK Blue, SK Gold, Marriott Amb+LTT, IHG Diamond Amb, Accorhotels Silver
Originally Posted by Deltus
by the time I've paid €29 pp for breakfast...
€29 does not seem outrageous for breakfast in a 5-star hotel. I do like the buffet and that includes tax and service as usual in France.
Old Mar 3, 2016, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KLM Club 2000 | InterContinental Diamond RA |AMEX Plat | Visa Infinite |Hertz President's Circle
Originally Posted by olivedel
€29 does not seem outrageous for breakfast in a 5-star hotel. I do like the buffet and that includes tax and service as usual in France.
As RA, breakfast was always offerred to me without asking.

Breakfast at IC Marseille is very good (even better when terrace is open, as restaurant room is not so big and can quickly be crowdy).
Old Mar 22, 2016, 2:08 pm

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Tempted to use my two free nights (accelerate 2015) here.
Am Platinum status, do you think I'd get any status benefits when I'm staying for free ?

There are more expensive hotels to get better value from the free night vouchers but this hotel does look superb.

Thoughts ??
Old Mar 23, 2016, 6:02 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I've got one of my Accelerate 2015 free nights booked here next month, and I'm also IHG Plat, so will report back afterwards!
Old Apr 4, 2016, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Just stayed here on a points booking as Spire without Ambassador. Welcomed as Spire, given an upgrade to a larger executive room overlooking a courtyard, 2pm late checkout pro-actively offered and granted, and free access to all of the spa. (Normally you have to pay for access to the sauna / steam room / relaxation area part, only pool is free for all). Local chocolates in the room too, which was a nice room!

The pool was just about big enough to swim lengths, but was crowded with 4 people in it all trying to swim. Sauna and Steam Room were both very nice, it's quite a swanky spa. Didn't try the gym

Food in the brasserie was excellent, we didn't try the 1* restaurant. In nice weather the terrace looked lovely for sitting outside. Food was a similar price to other restaurants in town of the same quality - starters for around €20, mains €25-40, but drinks were about double the cost of other similar places. Just at the bottom of the hotel steps outside was a very nice and more reasonably priced restaurant Vinoneo where we ended up eating twice! Lots of bars and ok restaurants a 4 minute walk by the port, good for a cheaper pre-dinner drink if nothing else, and about 10 minutes walk from quite a few nice and more keenly priced places to eat for meals you don't want to splurge on

Oh, and make sure you ask the concierge to show you the Roman Mosaic! It's in the old chapel, and they'll spend a few minutes explaining some of the history of the building and showing you a few different bits of the hotel. I don't think many people do ask, they seemed pleased to get a chance to show off, and we found it interesting
travelista likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.